SPACE!man

Jan 3, 2020
how do i trigger the romance event with logan ?
Stop him attacking the bandit camp (if he attacks, you lose all hope of a romance as he becomes a whore), pick him over Bernard when the wolves attack, DON'T sleep with him when he visits your house and gets drunk, then carry on until he goes into the forest with you and help him through that quest, then obviously return his feelings.

If he attacks the bandits, he becomes a permeant bottom and can't be romanced.
If you pick Bernard, you miss a heart and I'm not sure how to get it without save edits.
If you sleep with him when he's drunk, he thinks you're only after his body, so gives up on you.
If you don't return his feelings... Well, you can see how that would ruin your chance.

I wasn't sure what part you were referring to so I listed it all. You need a heart for the third part and two hearts for the fourth. A third heart should appear when he finally returns his feelings.

Bruhdashcon

Mar 25, 2022
Would be cool if he walked us on a leash around different places for ppl and monsters to use tbh (Still think him and the horse scene was the best)
Maybe at some point LD will garner a modding community like CoC did, and we can get scenes that are usually outside of Hyoa's ballpark

SPACE!man

Jan 3, 2020
Maybe at some point LD will garner a modding community like CoC did, and we can get scenes that are usually outside of Hyoa's ballpark
I've looked at his coding work (I was looking for how he did damage multipliers and RPG combat in general), that would not be as easy as I'd like. The sex scene with Tank at the bandit camp has like 37 different labels to account for each variation of experience, gender, role and victory/loss.

Not saying it's impossible but it won't be as easy as custom HTML coding stories for CoC was.

nackedsnake

Engaged Member
Jan 29, 2019
I've looked at his coding work (I was looking for how he did damage multipliers and RPG combat in general), that would not be as easy as I'd like. The sex scene with Tank at the bandit camp has like 37 different labels to account for each variation of experience, gender, role and victory/loss.

Not saying it's impossible but it won't be as easy as custom HTML coding stories for CoC was.
TBH I think fan made one-shots are more feasible, if LD can't have those kind of "quest writer contents".
Modding is not something you can just do when there's no dedicated tool, nor a modding welcome environment.
If somebody is capable of that level of coding, as well as creating contents, might as well just create their own game.

Look at "Fort of Chains", it's specifically a "No Heaven" game the dev made that everyone can mod without any coding knowledge, but it's as good as dead as soon as the dev left.
On the other hand, "Minotaur Hotel" has quite a few fan made contents although there are one-shots that not dependable on the game.

SPACE!man

Jan 3, 2020
TBH I think fan made one-shots are more feasible, if LD can't have those kind of "quest writer contents".
Modding is not something you can just do when there's no dedicated tool, nor a modding welcome environment.
If somebody is capable of that level of coding, as well as creating contents, might as well just create their own game.

Look at "Fort of Chains", it's specifically a "No Heaven" game the dev made that everyone can mod without any coding knowledge, but it's as good as dead as soon as the dev left.
On the other hand, "Minotaur Hotel" has quite a few fan made contents although there are one-shots that not dependable on the game.
But that's the problem with this game, Renpy coding can be easy but easy doesn't translate into a good game. A dating sim I worked on in the past (and haven't touched in 3 years... ._.) was relatively simply, but I had over 20 flags for EACH character, so 140 in total, before I even got past day 3 of the story. Plus, then I had Player Character flags, achievement flags, ambient flags, gallery flags, and I'm not a good coder. My stuff was basic and even I got lost sometimes. I think day 2 of my game had over 10,000 lines of code. Most of it was just programming, not content.

Hyao's code isn't the worst I've seen, don't get me wrong, but it's hard to follow. Depending on the scene, the set up, character sprites, if it's a battle or not, it all alters how much fuckery you'd need to decode to mimic his. Otherwise, it'll implode. Fort Of Chains is HTML (I think), which doesn't change much, but Renpy coding can be unique to each user depending on how they used it. It kinda impedes the ability to mod unless you understand how he worked with it.

I mean, his inventory screens... I don't even know where I'd start with trying to follow that. @-@ I'd need to look over his scripts again to see if I can find any leeway with generic scenes, but I honestly doubt they'll be as easy as "Daddy Tentacle boy is now romanceable". If it was, I would've actually modded that already. XD (It's the other reason I was peeking at his scripts)

nackedsnake

Engaged Member
Jan 29, 2019
But that's the problem with this game, Renpy coding can be easy but easy doesn't translate into a good game. A dating sim I worked on in the past (and haven't touched in 3 years... ._.) was relatively simply, but I had over 20 flags for EACH character, so 140 in total, before I even got past day 3 of the story. Plus, then I had Player Character flags, achievement flags, ambient flags, gallery flags, and I'm not a good coder. My stuff was basic and even I got lost sometimes. I think day 2 of my game had over 10,000 lines of code. Most of it was just programming, not content.

Hyao's code isn't the worst I've seen, don't get me wrong, but it's hard to follow. Depending on the scene, the set up, character sprites, if it's a battle or not, it all alters how much fuckery you'd need to decode to mimic his. Otherwise, it'll implode. Fort Of Chains is HTML (I think), which doesn't change much, but Renpy coding can be unique to each user depending on how they used it. It kinda impedes the ability to mod unless you understand how he worked with it.

I mean, his inventory screens... I don't even know where I'd start with trying to follow that. @-@ I'd need to look over his scripts again to see if I can find any leeway with generic scenes, but I honestly doubt they'll be as easy as "Daddy Tentacle boy is now romanceable". If it was, I would've actually modded that already. XD (It's the other reason I was peeking at his scripts)
IIRC there was a peep made several cheat mods for this game ages ago. Wonder what he felt about modding LD :unsure:
But I was talking about add-on of extreme kinks such as personal toilet / whoring MC - which likely won't be added into the game. That's more of the contents creating, I don't think you need to messing with the code / modify existing behaviours. IMO adding self-dependent ones are more feasible. I maybe wrong but ain't the CoC mod is such case? The OG part ain't touched a lot.
And don't talk about the inventory code .... even the in-game inverntory UI made me dizzy o_O

gabrielpwen

Jul 9, 2021
Does anyone know how to get a third heart with logan? I already did the part where I refuse to have sex with him while drunk.

NedF99

Jun 18, 2022
Does anyone know how to get a third heart with logan? I already did the part where I refuse to have sex with him while drunk.
-Complete the Swap ww event.
-Wait a week after finishing that event (even if you already have waited).

Afterwards, Logan should show up at your home (hut) between 20:00-4:00 for the scouting event and you'll get the 3rd heart after completing that.

Reactions: gabrielpwen

SPACE!man

Jan 3, 2020
IIRC there was a peep made several cheat mods for this game ages ago. Wonder what he felt about modding LD :unsure:
But I was talking about add-on of extreme kinks such as personal toilet / whoring MC - which likely won't be added into the game. That's more of the contents creating, I don't think you need to messing with the code / modify existing behaviours. IMO adding self-dependent ones are more feasible. I maybe wrong but ain't the CoC mod is such case? The OG part ain't touched a lot.
And don't talk about the inventory code .... even the in-game inverntory UI made me dizzy o_O
Yeah, I get what you mean. I mean, theoretically you COULD add independent code, but you'd need to make sure it doesn't clash with existing code and still need a little bit of knowledge to make the text box and such appear correctly. And I've actually, funny enough, also seen how to mod CoC. XD It's along the lines of "The crowd oggle your [ass size] rump as you [[if cocksize > 0] expose your [cocksize] rod [and] [if vaginacount > 0] [cuntsize] [cuntwetness] pussy." I don't know much about the mod itself, but that's what I recall the original was like. Much like LD, my brain just shut off when trying to mod it, but I'd argue it's easier to mod given HTML is pretty universal.

And believe me, if that makes you dizzy, the coding will make you barf. Even the most complex thing I did didn't look that hectic.... It also didn't work right, but still. XD

Duuuu

Jul 31, 2020
Stop him attacking the bandit camp (if he attacks, you lose all hope of a romance as he becomes a whore), pick him over Bernard when the wolves attack, DON'T sleep with him when he visits your house and gets drunk, then carry on until he goes into the forest with you and help him through that quest, then obviously return his feelings.

If he attacks the bandits, he becomes a permeant bottom and can't be romanced.
If you pick Bernard, you miss a heart and I'm not sure how to get it without save edits.
If you sleep with him when he's drunk, he thinks you're only after his body, so gives up on you.
If you don't return his feelings... Well, you can see how that would ruin your chance.

I wasn't sure what part you were referring to so I listed it all. You need a heart for the third part and two hearts for the fourth. A third heart should appear when he finally returns his feelings.
I cannot trigger logan visit house event ( WW event is done, normal logan route, logan choose instead of bernard in full moon, sleeping at my house in Town ) what did I miss) :") ?

NedF99

Jun 18, 2022
I cannot trigger logan visit house event ( WW event is done, normal logan route, logan choose instead of bernard in full moon, sleeping at my house in Town ) what did I miss) :") ?
Have you done the 'Clash w/ Barrel' event at the bar yet (reqs: bandit morale at least 25 and during the evening)? That's the only thing I can think of.

SPACE!man

Jan 3, 2020
Have you done the 'Clash w/ Barrel' event at the bar yet (reqs: bandit morale at least 25 and during the evening)? That's the only thing I can think of.
Yeah, what Ned said, the game is a bit funny about triggers so you need to do a few events first. Even then, it took me like 5 in-game days to actually trigger the house scene. Maybe do the fair event too if nothing works, just be careful of what you pick (I advise save scumming, it's what I did to help avoid bad choices).

Hyao's coding, though complex in a lot of ways, is a bit dumb when it comes to event flags. They kinda follow a chronology, one after the next, so can be annoying at times. What I listed before was mostly the BIG ones, which affect your love rating (the red hearts. Without them, future events don't trigger at all, and black hearts mean hatred so naturally stops romances).

Duuuu

Jul 31, 2020
Yeah, what Ned said, the game is a bit funny about triggers so you need to do a few events first. Even then, it took me like 5 in-game days to actually trigger the house scene. Maybe do the fair event too if nothing works, just be careful of what you pick (I advise save scumming, it's what I did to help avoid bad choices).

Hyao's coding, though complex in a lot of ways, is a bit dumb when it comes to event flags. They kinda follow a chronology, one after the next, so can be annoying at times. What I listed before was mostly the BIG ones, which affect your love rating (the red hearts. Without them, future events don't trigger at all, and black hearts mean hatred so naturally stops romances).
Thanks, guys I will check it

Reactions: SPACE!man
4.00 star(s) 25 Votes