4.10 star(s) 14 Votes

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
Yeah that one lore dump thing with Ai and Hana is pretty bad, probably will rewrite that in the future.

Do you think the MC is too reliant on the "Control her" or is it too overused and not impactful enough?
It's not so much that it's a a history dump as it is bad/messy coding. Multiple wrong name tags, variables missing the brackets and repeated parts of sentences.

Both, I guess. It's used every single quest just to "fix" whatever problem there is. I would also say it is unimpactful because the only thing the player has any say in is using the power for sex. The free roam and "quests" also seem poorly implemented. They aren't quests at all, they are static scenes that the player just reads you can't change the outcome of anything other than controlling them or not and the free roam is only used for control and triggering the next scene.

I see you say that mind control isn't avoidable but I don't think it should mean it's mandatory. The only way to get laid in this game is to control someone's mind. The one singular time you can actually proposition someone without your power... the answer is no. It's just hammered into the ground. I played through everything and didn't use the power and there isn't a single sex scene, I think it's way too reliant on the power.

Reactions: HolyFish

HolyFish

Game Developer
Sep 5, 2020
It's not so much that it's a a history dump as it is bad/messy coding. Multiple wrong name tags, variables missing the brackets and repeated parts of sentences.

Both, I guess. It's used every single quest just to "fix" whatever problem there is. I would also say it is unimpactful because the only thing the player has any say in is using the power for sex. The free roam and "quests" also seem poorly implemented. They aren't quests at all, they are static scenes that the player just reads you can't change the outcome of anything other than controlling them or not and the free roam is only used for control and triggering the next scene.

I see you say that mind control isn't avoidable but I don't think it should mean it's mandatory. The only way to get laid in this game is to control someone's mind. The one singular time you can actually proposition someone without your power... the answer is no. It's just hammered into the ground. I played through everything and didn't use the power and there isn't a single sex scene, I think it's way too reliant on the power.
Oh crapbasket, gonna give that a check, thanks for letting me know.

Yeah mind control is overpowered so it's tricky to write a story with it. I will add characters that are harder to control so when the player can control them it will feel more impactful. The quests part can be tricky, being able to change the outcome too much will make the story branches out and become too much for me to handle. But I can see that it can be boring when choices don't matter, I will try to add different outcomes but it will probably only be self-contained in that quest.

You will be able to get laid without controlling someone's mind in the future, but it's slow because you have to improve your relationship with the girls first. But I plan for some girls to let you get laid earlier than the others to hopefully make the wait less long.

Thank you for your feedback!

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
Oh crapbasket, gonna give that a check, thanks for letting me know.

Yeah mind control is overpowered so it's tricky to write a story with it. I will add characters that are harder to control so when the player can control them it will feel more impactful. The quests part can be tricky, being able to change the outcome too much will make the story branches out and become too much for me to handle. But I can see that it can be boring when choices don't matter, I will try to add different outcomes but it will probably only be self-contained in that quest.

You will be able to get laid without controlling someone's mind in the future, but it's slow because you have to improve your relationship with the girls first. But I plan for some girls to let you get laid earlier than the others to hopefully make the wait less long.

Thank you for your feedback!
Here are some screenshots of that scene for reference.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

And two more from other scenes. A wrong name tag and "not" using Rin still teleports you to what looks like a bathroom. I assume it's where the deed takes place.

I'll keep watching this one to see how it goes. I didn't hate the experience but as it is now it just rubs me the wrong way I guess.

HolyFish

Game Developer
Sep 5, 2020
Here are some screenshots of that scene for reference.

And two more from other scenes. A wrong name tag and "not" using Rin still teleports you to what looks like a bathroom. I assume it's where the deed takes place.

I'll keep watching this one to see how it goes. I didn't hate the experience but as it is now it just rubs me the wrong way I guess.
Ah, the result of coding at 3 AM. Thank you so much for taking the time to screenshot haha.

Yeah, it will still take her to the bathroom because you can't interrogate her in the open.

Once again thank you, gonna go check some books about writing to improve and deliver (hopefully) better constructed story quest!

Reactions: Skeltom

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
Ah, the result of coding at 3 AM. Thank you so much for taking the time to screenshot haha.

Yeah, it will still take her to the bathroom because you can't interrogate her in the open.

Once again thank you, gonna go check some books about writing to improve and deliver (hopefully) better constructed story quest!
Also, I haven't looked at the code just yet but the hud you use can be hidden and shown very easily. During the scenes it's useless anyway and kind of distracting. I found myself looking at the top of the screen many times. I took me out of the scene it's self. That's just me though.

BlasKyau

Devoted Member
Jun 26, 2018
is mind control all the stuff about this game? They are not avoidable?
If you mean the sex scenes, yes that is avoidable. If you want the MC to not use mind control at all, then it's not avoidable.

saw the relationship with the girls in the story. It was the use of all his powers. Will there be no pure love in this game? like not using their own power It's a spontaneous love . //Because eng is not my native language I may have misinterpreted.
You can avoid using mind control to force them to have sex or artificially enhance the relationship (and I'm not sure if the latter is possible in the game). Actually according to the Dev there is a romantic route, but it will take longer than controlling the LIs for the MC's own sexual satisfaction.

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
Actually according to the Dev there is a romantic route, but it will take longer than controlling the LIs for the MC's own sexual satisfaction.
I'm curious as to how that's going to work. So far everything is kinetic. There hasn't been any way to even tell someone that you may be interested. I really hope it's not just "if you don't use your power then this will happen" completely out of the players control. So far the game has had no choices. Responses aren't choices.

That's just me though. If I am going to be forced into a relationship with every character in the game, just because, then I don't see any point in playing. I'm not looking for a KN. It's still early yet so we'll see.

BlasKyau

Devoted Member
Jun 26, 2018
I'm curious as to how that's going to work. So far everything is kinetic. There hasn't been any way to even tell someone that you may be interested. I really hope it's not just "if you don't use your power then this will happen" completely out of the players control. So far the game has had no choices. Responses aren't choices.

That's just me though. If I am going to be forced into a relationship with every character in the game, just because, then I don't see any point in playing. I'm not looking for a KN. It's still early yet so we'll see.
For now the only options are relative to whether you want to use mind control to sexually abuse LIs or not. Everything else is more or less linear. In any case, for now I've avoided using mind control to do anything sexual, so I just did the mandatory actions with it, but it doesn't seem to have changed the story so far. I guess that later we will see how it changes depending on your use of mind control.

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
For now the only options are relative to whether you want to use mind control to sexually abuse LIs or not. Everything else is more or less linear. In any case, for now I've avoided using mind control to do anything sexual, so I just did the mandatory actions with it, but it doesn't seem to have changed the story so far. I guess that later we will see how it changes depending on your use of mind control.
Yeah, I just finished it as well without using it. It's pretty clear that game is designed in a way that very heavily relies on the control. And so far it has really only been used as a tool to push lewd scenes and to insure that the other scenes go just so. The complete lack of choices has me worried about things going forward though.

There aren't even any relationship points or any ways to even begin to progress with the LIs. There are hardly even any dialogue prompts and unless something changes I can see this being an overly controlled experience. It's a shame because the mind control could be used in so many different way but in this case it's just used for mindless, hollow sex scenes that also have no bearing on anything. They are just there to be there.

Reactions: BlasKyau

HolyFish

Game Developer
Sep 5, 2020
Oh crap this sound like a serious problem.
Do you guys have any suggestions for what I could do to use mind control to progress the relationship without it being forced sex?

BlasKyau

Devoted Member
Jun 26, 2018
Yeah, I just finished it as well without using it. It's pretty clear that game is designed in a way that very heavily relies on the control. And so far it has really only been used as a tool to push lewd scenes and to insure that the other scenes go just so. The complete lack of choices has me worried about things going forward though.

There aren't even any relationship points or any ways to even begin to progress with the LIs. There are hardly even any dialogue prompts and unless something changes I can see this being an overly controlled experience. It's a shame because the mind control could be used in so many different way but in this case it's just used for mindless, hollow sex scenes that also have no bearing on anything. They are just there to be there.
I'm probably weird, but as long as I can still say no to every mind control sex scene, it's fine, for now at least.

Although I certainly don't see how the romance is going to be implemented, as I don't think it makes much sense if the MC uses mind control to satisfy his sexual desires (people going this route I guess would prefer something darker, like turn them into sex slaves or something similar). Romance seems more appropriate for those who are actively avoiding using mind control in a sexual way.

I think that there should be a point system: Romance, Love, or something similar for the romantic route of each LI. Possibly also another where the number of times the MC has used mind control in a sexual way with each LI is indicated, which should allow opening a darker route focused on turning the LIs into the MC's sex toys (or any other route that the Dev deems appropriate). Possibly some other feature could help ease the gameplay and remove the feeling of being a Kinetic Novel with repeatable scenes.

BlasKyau

Devoted Member
Jun 26, 2018
Do you guys have any suggestions for what I could do to use mind control to progress the relationship without it being forced sex?
In fact, so that it isn't forced sex and that the relationship is really romantic, the MC should use his powers only to amplify the feelings of the LIs: If the LI begins to feel a romantic interest in the MC, he can enhance that feeling, and the same with respect to others: if the lust of one LI is enhanced, she may want to have sex with the MC without having to hypnotize her to the point that she doesn't remember anything. It's not so much actively controlling minds as empowering feelings that the MC is interested in.

For example, every action that improves his relationship with a LI could be empowered so that the LI would gain much more affection for him than she should. This would simply help the MC to get the relationship sooner: With more quotes and actions he would have achieved the same thing, but with his powers he has simply saved himself a lot of time. And the same regarding other feelings, enhancing the sexual attraction of the LIs towards the MC is to make something that was already going to happen, simply happen before. The important thing is that this feelings already exist, and the MC only is improving them.

At least I think that it is the best way tu use mind control to create a romantic relationship and avoid forced sex.

Last edited:

Catzi

Oct 4, 2018
Why do people give all the meaning to a sex game, there is one thing I really like about this game the sex scene is almost separate from daily interaction, it's literal food to survive and nothing else. Not every sex needs emotion behind it, there are plenty of other VN that is pure lovey-dovey.

Please stay on the course and don't try to force thing happens.

BlasKyau

Devoted Member
Jun 26, 2018
Why do people give all the meaning to a sex game, there is one thing I really like about this game the sex scene is almost separate from daily interaction, it's literal food to survive and nothing else. Not every sex needs emotion behind it, there are plenty of other VN that is pure lovey-dovey.

Please stay on the course and don't try to force thing happens.
It's the Dev who wants to include a romantic route with the LIs from the beginning. And to feed the MC doesn't need to have sex with the LIs, my MC has done it during the whole game without doing any sex scene.

Catzi

Oct 4, 2018
It's the Dev who wants to include a romantic route with the LIs from the beginning. And to feed the MC doesn't need to have sex with the LIs, my MC has done it during the whole game without doing any sex scene.
You didn't do it because you choose not to, and I really don't care about that. My grip is people giving too much meaning for a simple sex scene, nothing is "forced" here, it's part of the feeding process. again, you can choose to not see it, doesn't mean it didn't happen, it's just the way how MC feed.

Too many VNs trying to make having sex as the end goal of their game and I hate all those that do, it's refreshing to see one that does not.

Also, mind control doesn't mean the game cannot have romantic progress, they can both exist.

Last edited:

BlasKyau

Devoted Member
Jun 26, 2018
You didn't do it because you choose not to, and I really don't care about that. My grip is people giving too much meaning for a simple sex scene, nothing is "forced" here, it's just the way how MC feed. Too many VNs trying to make having sex as the end goal of their game and I hate all those that do, it's refreshing to see one that does not.

Also, mind control doesn't mean the game cannot have romantic progress, they can both exist
I actually like making it not happen, I mean, I like that there is the option to use mind control to have a sex scene and say no, so I'm finding the game very entertaining in that regard.

Well I think that the Dev's question was how to use mind control to make a romantic route without including forced sex.

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
I think BlasKyau's suggestion could work. Although for me I think the two main issues are that just because he has this power it absolutely must be used to advance, be it relationships or plot in general. I mean, he's lust of all things, he should be more than capable of wooing whatever get's him going at the time. And the other is the lack of interactions with the characters. Even during the scenes the player has no input to increase anything with them, it's the same outside of them with the freeroam. Sure you can talk to three(?) of the characters but it is about insignificant things.

I'm working on a project myself and was worried that the freeroam would feel dead so I added hang out options and such to fill it out. But I'm also making anything past friends optional. Here is a piece of a work in progress scrip to show you what I mean. It's messy right now but you get the idea.

Reactions: BlasKyau
4.10 star(s) 14 Votes