lustymods

Aug 7, 2024
I'm working on a mod to increase the difficulty of the game. Even on "Real" difficulty, it kind of becomes pretty easy to blitz through the game thanks to double XP. Especially in the mid-game, it can become difficult to lose, and you can skip a lot of battles since it's double XP. A blessing in some senses but can lead to missing out on some scenes because you're too strong. Also, it's rare for level drain to be a threat, and it's quite easy to struggle out of holds.

That said, it's still a pretty fun and balanced game overall IMO. Still fairly challenging if you let your Lust get high. But there's not much in-game incentive to do so.

This is based off of how I play the game, with a controller on Real difficulty, getting as many collectibles as I can, and mostly sticking to Hand moves.

I haven't done a full playthrough with these changes yet, I've just started. There's a good chance combining so many nerfs to the player is going to make beating the game almost impossible on Real difficulty. Mostly posting now to see if anyone else has interest in this project and would like to try it out or offer suggestions.

The goal of the mod is to:
  • Encourage higher risk gameplay
  • Reduce effectiveness of item spam
  • Increase frequency of loss to normal enemies
  • Increase frequency of status effects, particularly Breast Addiction
  • Increase threats from follow-up attacks
  • Increase threats from special moves
  • boobiesss heehee
  • Increase likelihood of level drains
  • Overall make immersing yourself as someone who has truly failed to resist a succubus easier, especially on Real difficulty
    • Ain't no way you're actually resisting a succubus in real life, right?

So far, here's what I have implemented:
TLDR:
  • Calming Nuts and Clovers heal less Lust unless at higher Lust
  • Breast Addiction is way more commonly dealt during special moves
  • Breastfeeding and Puff-Puff follow-ups are more likely to cause status effects
  • Status effects in general are more likely to be applied than before, especially from special moves.
  • Some status effects are harder to remove.
  • Level Drain dodging is now the same difficulty as other special move / hold dodging.
  • Escaping holds is now the same difficulty as dodging.
  • Softness is less brutal.
In depth:
  • Calming Nut Nerf
    • Reduces Lust by 10 when Lust is < 70
    • Reduces Lust by 30 when Lust is >= 70
    • This is to encourage riskier play rather than Nut spam. Special Moves, Temptations, and Holds become more threatening as a result. I find them most threatening at 60 Lust and above, as that's when I fail most of the button prompts on Real difficulty then as it's only 1 second to react to and move the stick in 4 directions.
    • So, there's a period of time where you have to decide between healing and preparing to take a special move, or just pressing the attack and hoping you won't get a button prompt, using a Nut after.
  • Calming Clover Nerf
    • Reduces Lust by 30 when Lust is <= 60
    • Reduces Lust by 45 when Lust is <= 80
    • Reduces Lust by 60 when Lust is > 80
    • This is probably overkill since I find these items pretty rare, but you CAN farm them by defeating Cafe Au Lait over and over (I think. Game files say she drops them 100%).
  • Level Drain Dodge Prompts made more challenging to match normal dodge prompts
    • Be careful above 60 Lust, especially on Real difficulty.
  • "Killer" special moves Prompts made more challenging to match normal dodge prompts
  • Escape Prompts equalized to match normal dodge prompts
    • This might be overkill and make being restrained effectively death, we'll see.
  • Restraint Escape Prompts are more challenging
    • Time allotted matches normal dodge prompts
    • Buttons to press (For non-titjobs) is 1 for under 20 lust, 3 between 20 and 70, 4 between 70 and 90, 6 for 90 and above
      • Titjob buttons to press remain based on enemy breast softness
    • AKA calm yourself to below 70 for best chances of escape.
  • Breastfeeding Buff
    • Increase base chance of inflicting Breast Addict from 1% to 2.5%
    • Follow-up 1 chance of inflicting Breast Addict from 1% to 5%
    • Follow-up 2 chance of inflicting Breast Addict from 1% to 10%
  • Puff-Puff Buff
    • Base chance of inflicting Ecstasy remains at 5%
    • Follow-up 1 chance of inflicting Ecstasy from 5% to 7.5%
    • Follow-up 2 chance of inflicting Ecstasy from 5% to 10%
  • Titjob Addict Buff
    • This state is weird in that it's rarely applied and is removed at the end of battles. It doubles breast damage taken, but I'm not sure what else it does just yet.
    • It now lasts after the battle. Like Breast Addict, it can only be healed with a Green Potion or by dying.
  • Breast Show Buff
    • Being shown breasts has a 50% chance to stun you.
    • Not a common attack sadly. Not sure if it's used at all, to be honest. Just saw it in the skills list.
  • Charm Buff
    • No longer has a chance to be removed when taking damage
  • Ecstasy Buff
    • Lowered chance of removal on taking damage from 50%(?) to 20%.
  • Observe Nerf
    • Increased stamina cost to 5. Pay attention the first time ;)
    • Now adds Lust on usage. You're observing a Succubus and hearing her thoughts, after all!
  • Enemy Buffs
    • Special moves that inflicted status effects are more likely to inflect said effects.
    • Breast Addiction in particular is quite common in these special moves.
    • Many of the lust increasing skills deal more Lust (Used to be 4-11 for most, now 12-16)
  • Softness Nerf
    • Softness is a brutal debuff by default. You take 50% more damage and deal 50% less damage. Fighting in this condition slows the game down a lot and makes winning near-impossible, even with good lust management.
    • This would be fine, but it's a surprisingly common debuff that's frequently a 100% chance of application.
    • You can remove it easily with a refreshing herb, but I would rather suffer lasting consequences from debuffs more frequently. By nerfing this debuff, you may be more inclined to just proceed without healing it right away.
    • Breast Addict is honestly not as bad as this by default IMO, because it's a 200% damage multiplier but ONLY on breast moves. You'll still be hit by other moves quite often. Also, I like boobs and would like them to be a dangerous weapon.
    • To make it less painful, softness now makes you take 25% more damage and deal 20% less damage.
  • Temptations Buff
    • When prompted by a temptation, you have a chance of being tempted regardless of your answer.
    • This is now going from scaling from 1/40->30/40 from Lust 70-100 to 1/40->40/40 from Lust 60-100
Planned (if reasonably possible) features:
  • Titjob Addict Buff
    • Make Titjob Holds nearly impossible to escape with this condition.
    • Might need to account for certain boss battles that make this too hardcore.
  • Escape / Run chance fix?
    • Escaping is possible even with 100 Lust, so I'm really not sure if the whole Escape % = 100 - Lust thing is working.
  • Boob Size Matters
    • Right now, boob size seems to mostly matter with certain bookmarks. Not sure where else.
    • One idea is to make it so, if you have Breast Addiction, Lust thresholds for dodging special moves and holds is lower. Bigger = More Distracting
  • Boob Softness Matters
    • Right now, the only factor softness plays that I can see is determining the button count when escaping titjobs.
    • One idea is to make Puff Puffs more damaging or more likely to cause ecstasy or addiction with softer breasts.
  • Stunned = Can't Dodge / Say No
    • Doesn't make sense to me that you can dodge holds / specials when stunned.
  • Level Drain Nerf?
    • If it happens too frequently, it might become annoying. It's effectively impossible to win once drained. Perhaps a stat bonus reduction will necessary.
General Notes on what's already a part of the game
  • When temptations are offered, the chance of being attacked and level drained even when declining is equal to Lust%
  • When temptations are offered, the chance of being attacked even if you say no is dependent on Lust
    • You must have 70 Lust or Higher
    • You have a 1/40 chance of being hit anyway at 70 Lust, and 30/40 chance of being hit anyway at 100 Lust
    • Changing this would require changing things for each succubus, way more likely to be bug prone :HideThePain:
  • When in a titjob hold, the softness determines the number of button presses.
  • Button prompts and timers are determined by different Lust thresholds.
    • Timers are based on difficulty and whether you're above 50 Lust
      • For Real difficulty, it's 2 seconds if below 50, and 1 second if above.
    • Number of buttons are determined by Lust (or with titjob escapes, Softness)
      • Starts at 1, goes to 2 above 30 Lust, 4 above 60 Lust, and 6 above 80 Lust
  • Random Follow-up Attacks are based on Lust
    • Breast Addiction seems to give a 50% chance of an additional followup? Still trying to understand how these work in the scripts themselves.

To install, make a backup of your www/data folder, and copy the json files in the zip to www/data

Last edited:

Bgammax

May 26, 2020
I'm working on a mod to increase the difficulty of the game. Even on "Real" difficulty, it kind of becomes pretty easy to blitz through the game thanks to double XP. Especially in the mid-game, it can become difficult to lose, and you can skip a lot of battles since it's double XP. A blessing in some senses but can lead to missing out on some scenes because you're too strong. Also, it's rare for level drain to be a threat, and it's quite easy to struggle out of holds.

That said, it's still a pretty fun and balanced game overall IMO. Still fairly challenging if you let your Lust get high. But there's not much in-game incentive to do so.

This is based off of how I play the game, with a controller on Real difficulty, getting as many collectibles as I can, and mostly sticking to Hand moves.

I haven't done a full playthrough with these changes yet, I've just started. There's a good chance combining so many nerfs to the player is going to make beating the game almost impossible on Real difficulty. Mostly posting now to see if anyone else has interest in this project and would like to try it out or offer suggestions.

• boobiesss heehee
  • Overall make immersing yourself as someone who has truly failed to resist a succubus easier, especially on Real difficulty

TLDR:
  • Breastfeeding and Puff-Puff follow-ups are more likely to cause status effects
  • Status effects in general are more likely to be applied than before, especially from special moves.
  • Level Drain dodging is now the same difficulty as other special move / hold dodging.
In depth:
  • Calming Nut Nerf
    • This is to encourage riskier play rather than Nut spam. Special Moves, Temptations, and Holds become more threatening as a result. I find them most threatening at 60 Lust and above, as that's when I fail most of the button prompts on Real difficulty then as it's only 1 second to react to and move the stick in 4 directions.
    • So, there's a period of time where you have to decide between healing and preparing to take a special move, or just pressing the attack and hoping you won't get a button prompt, using a Nut after.
  • Calming Clover Nerf
    • This is probably overkill since I find these items pretty rare, but you CAN farm them by defeating Cafe Au Lait over and over (I think. Game files say she drops them 100%).
  • Level Drain Dodge Prompts equalized to match normal dodge prompts
    • This might be overkill and make being restrained effectively death, we'll see.
  • Breastfeeding Buff
  • Puff-Puff Buff
  • Titjob Addict Buff
    • This state is weird in that it's rarely applied and is removed at the end of battles. It doubles breast damage taken, but I'm not sure what else it does just yet.
    • It now lasts after the battle. Like Breast Addict, it can only be healed with a Green Potion or by dying.
  • Breast Show Buff
    • Not a common attack sadly. Not sure if it's used at all, to be honest. Just saw it in the skills list.
  • Charm Buff
  • Ecstasy Buff
  • Enemy Buffs
    • Special moves that inflicted status effects are more likely to inflect said effects.
  • Softness Nerf
    • Softness is a brutal debuff by default. You take 50% more damage and deal 50% less damage. Fighting in this condition slows the game down a lot and makes winning near-impossible, even with good lust management.
    • This would be fine, but it's a surprisingly common debuff that's frequently a 100% chance of application.
    • You can remove it easily with a refreshing herb, but I would rather suffer lasting consequences from debuffs more frequently. By nerfing this debuff, you may be more inclined to just proceed without healing it right away.
    • Breast Addict is honestly not as bad as this by default IMO, because it's a 200% damage multiplier but ONLY on breast moves. You'll still be hit by other moves quite often. Also, I like boobs and would like them to be a dangerous weapon.
    • To make it less painful, softness now makes you take 25% more damage and deal 20% less damage.
  • Titjob Addict Buff
    • Escaping is possible even with 100 Lust, so I'm really not sure if the whole Escape % = 100 - Lust thing is working.
  • Boob Size Matters
    • Right now, boob size seems to mostly matter with certain bookmarks. Not sure where else.
    • One idea is to make it so, if you have Breast Addiction, Lust thresholds for dodging special moves and holds is lower. Bigger = More Distracting
  • Boob Softness Matters
    • Right now, the only factor softness plays that I can see is determining the button count when escaping titjobs.
    • One idea is to make Puff Puffs more damaging or more likely to cause ecstasy or addiction with softer breasts.
  • Level Drain Nerf?
    • If it happens too frequently, it might become annoying. It's effectively impossible to win once drained. Perhaps a stat bonus reduction will necessary.
  • When temptations are offered, the chance of being attacked and level drained even when declining is equal to Lust%
    • Breast Addiction seems to give a 50% chance of an additional followup? Still trying to understand how these work in the scripts themselves.

Not sure if I can safely attach any files to share the mod just yet, as it's my first post. It's just a few json files in the data directory of the game. Happy to share what I have now if folks are interested.
Y'know I always just assumed boob softness was just there for flavor I didn't think it was an actual stat lol.
I'm most interested in the proposed lust reworks since there's kinda never a reason to go above 20% in the base game unless you're trying to lose so some sort of nerf to calming nuts is probably justified, as playing optimally pretty much removes follow-ups from the equation.

Personally not fond of the Ecstasy and level drain changes because the Ecstasy status is prone to just causing a loss just because you got unlucky and ended up getting chain-stunned. Level drains are usually annoying more than anything since it just requires you to farm that experience back, potentially on other enemies with level drains, and wasting your time more than adding anything.

Still, I'd be willing to give it a spin, its a pretty good excuse to try the game again at least.

lustymods

Aug 7, 2024
Y'know I always just assumed boob softness was just there for flavor I didn't think it was an actual stat lol.
I'm most interested in the proposed lust reworks since there's kinda never a reason to go above 20% in the base game unless you're trying to lose so some sort of nerf to calming nuts is probably justified, as playing optimally pretty much removes follow-ups from the equation.

Personally not fond of the Ecstasy and level drain changes because the Ecstasy status is prone to just causing a loss just because you got unlucky and ended up getting chain-stunned. Level drains are usually annoying more than anything since it just requires you to farm that experience back, potentially on other enemies with level drains, and wasting your time more than adding anything.

Still, I'd be willing to give it a spin, its a pretty good excuse to try the game again at least.
Thanks, yeah I think the Calming Nut/Clover nerfs are likely the best part of the mod (conceptually, at least. Specific numbers may need to be adjusted) and for some may be all that's needed. Good call out on Ecstasy, it may be overdone. Chain stunning would suck. I haven't gotten far enough in my playtest to see if that's the case though.

Kind of agree and kind of disagree on level drains. There's a few enemies and replayable bosses that give TONS of experience, especially on Real difficulty. And eventually you reach a point where levels kind of don't matter, you can pretty much be underleveled and take down bosses with ease and catch right back up. That's my experience playing the game when restricting myself to using the calming nut at 70% and above only in non-modded playthroughs, anyhow.

But yeah, it's possible it may make some sections of the game quite grindy if you're just trying to speed through them, though I'm really making this mod to force me to slow down and enjoy each succubus as a real threat tbh. Maybe gives level up eggs more of a use, I never really used them tbh. We'll see how it plays out tho, you may be right.

Here's the files for the current version. Make a backup of these files or the game before replacing them, of course. Drop all .json files in the www/data directory. Be warned, likely to be quite unbalanced :D

• Red Heart
Reactions: Succubus Hunter

Succubus Hunter

Conversation Conqueror
May 19, 2020

• boobiesss heehee

TLDR:
In depth:
  • Calming Nut Nerf
  • Calming Clover Nerf
  • Level Drain Dodge Prompts made more challenging to match normal dodge prompts
  • "Killer" special moves Prompts made more challenging to match normal dodge prompts
  • Restraint Escape Prompts are more challenging
    • Time allotted matches normal dodge prompts
    • Buttons to press (For non-titjobs) is 1 for under 20 lust, 3 between 20 and 70, 4 between 70 and 90, 6 for 90 and above
      • Titjob buttons to press remain based on enemy breast softness
    • AKA calm yourself to below 70 for best chances of escape.
  • Breastfeeding Buff
  • Puff-Puff Buff
  • Titjob Addict Buff
  • Breast Show Buff
  • Charm Buff
  • Ecstasy Buff
  • Observe Nerf
    • Increased stamina cost to 5. Pay attention the first time ;)
    • Now adds Lust on usage. You're observing a Succubus and hearing her thoughts, after all!
  • Enemy Buffs
    • Many of the lust increasing skills deal more Lust (Used to be 4-11 for most, now 12-16)
  • Softness Nerf
  • Temptations Buff
    • When prompted by a temptation, you have a chance of being tempted regardless of your answer.
    • This is now going from scaling from 1/40->30/40 from Lust 70-100 to 1/40->40/40 from Lust 60-100
  • Titjob Addict Buff
  • Boob Size Matters
  • Boob Softness Matters
  • Level Drain Nerf?
  • When temptations are offered, the chance of being attacked even if you say no is dependent on Lust
    • You must have 70 Lust or Higher
    • You have a 1/40 chance of being hit anyway at 70 Lust, and 30/40 chance of being hit anyway at 100 Lust
    • Changing this would require changing things for each succubus, way more likely to be bug prone :HideThePain:

To install, make a backup of your www/data folder, and copy the json files in the zip to www/data
Thank you so much for making this mod exist! I am going to be playing this after finishing the vanilla version!

4.00 star(s) 4 Votes