Votes: 105 70.5%
  • Old combat

Votes: 44 29.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

frostgames

Game Developer
May 2, 2022
Yeah, I've gone through some more fights and understand how the system works now. I still hate it. And apparently Auriel has some kind of instant win move now? That's something. I would like to thank you for the enjoyment your game has given me prior to this point. The setting, story and characters have been great and I was really looking forward too seeing how they developed. However, given how frequent and unavoidable combat is, this is no longer a game for me. Thank you again for everything, it's been a blast.
Auriel instant win is just like the old version, after you lose to her lilith will talk to you and give you a buff to protect you against being completly restrained by magic.

If you didn't like the new combat but still wants to keep seeing the story, the easy mode makes fights much easier and faster, it halves the opponents max arousal and the damage you take.

Ghost712

Nov 28, 2018
It seem like anal skills can only be used as strip cards. As soon as they have no lower clothing they are shown red and unable to be used.
Edit I could use it once against the Oni.
I chose the redraw ability for level 3. Is it intentional, that it can only be used in the first round of the fight?

Last edited:

frostgames

Game Developer
May 2, 2022
It seem like anal skills can only be used as strip cards. As soon as they have no lower clothing they are shown red and unable to be used.
Edit I could use it once against the Oni.
I chose the redraw ability for level 3. Is it intentional, that it can only be used in the first round of the fight?
It explain in the bigger description when you are changing skills, anal skills need you penis to be lubed be it by receiving a blowjob, fucking a pussy or if your arousal is very high. There is a boon in Jade world that overcome those pre-requisites.

Redraw is only on the turn you received your options, otherwise it would be way to powerful compared to the other options. You sure it is only working on the first turn? It should be working on turns 1, 4, 7, 10...

skrowl

Jul 15, 2017
Updated to 0.4, enjoy the new combat system.

Feedback is welcome...
The new combat system seems much better overall, but this early version has some confusing issues.

1 - It seems to be giving me just 5 random moves. Sometimes they're duplicated (2 dodge or endure options in the same turn), and often times they're missing an obvious needed move (I have 47 lust and 80 energy and my opponent still has her top but I have no strip option), or an obviously worthless move (strip when the opponent is naked). The randomness also makes the Determination perk not worth taking, because I'm not likely to get the same option 3 or 4 turns in a row. A sexfight game shouldn't play like playing a collectible card game, IMO.

2 - The lack of position (it seems to just give a chains icon debuff for grab) I think is a step backwards. It doesn't make sense to even attempt to lick pussy when you're standing and not held. Similarly, you can land a Fuck or Fuck (Doggy Style) then mysteriously on your next turn you're both just back to standing again.

3 - I like the energy system and the tooltips telling me projected pleasure and energy. Could the tooltips potentially also include a % chance to hit / % chance of success, or is that calculated after you click?

4 - The difficultly went from too high to be fun to absurdly too high. I played 4 days on 0.4 and didn't get a single win, choosing athletic, determination, and focusing on STR and AGI. I couldn't force myself to play more than that because it's boring losing every single fight.

frostgames

Game Developer
May 2, 2022
The new combat system seems much better overall, but this early version has some confusing issues.

1 - It seems to be giving me just 5 random moves. Sometimes they're duplicated (2 dodge or endure options in the same turn), and often times they're missing an obvious needed move (I have 47 lust and 80 energy and my opponent still has her top but I have no strip option), or an obviously worthless move (strip when the opponent is naked). The randomness also makes the Determination perk not worth taking, because I'm not likely to get the same option 3 or 4 turns in a row. A sexfight game shouldn't play like playing a collectible card game, IMO.

2 - The lack of position (it seems to just give a chains icon debuff for grab) I think is a step backwards. It doesn't make sense to even attempt to lick pussy when you're standing and not held. Similarly, you can land a Fuck or Fuck (Doggy Style) then mysteriously on your next turn you're both just back to standing again.

3 - I like the energy system and the tooltips telling me projected pleasure and energy. Could the tooltips potentially also include a % chance to hit / % chance of success, or is that calculated after you click?

4 - The difficultly went from too high to be fun to absurdly too high. I played 4 days on 0.4 and didn't get a single win, choosing athletic, determination, and focusing on STR and AGI. I couldn't force myself to play more than that because it's boring losing every single fight.
1 - The moves come from your deck, you can have duplicates on your deck and they can both appear at the same time, strip is a skill in your deck, it can appear on your hand or not, if the opponent is naked strip will act as finger or fondle, just mouseover and you will see the tooltip. Later on your get feats to help with the randomness, like increasing the odds of getting a skill, always having a defensive, etc.

2 - Positions complicate the combat and give the anoying randomness of keep trying to get out of stances or revert them. It is not realistic for grab to just be a debuff but was my compromise to add it. All Finishers say how they ended if you read all the text, they usually explain how it stopped.

3 - Chance to hit depend on the opponent using dodge, barrier etc, and even then they have a chance to work just like yours. If you want to know what is your oponent move you would need to get the skill Foresight, but don't expect to keep it active all the time, it gets expensive fast.

4 - If you are finding the game too hard you can always go for easy mode. You need to understand how the fight works and the use of defensives if you want to beat opponents at your level or higher or you can just eventually overlevel them. At the beggining you get a good exp even losing to help you level up since opponents can't go lower than level 1 but as you level up they don't level with you, they only gain levels when you defeat them and if they defeat you they lose a level.

ddfd

Jun 24, 2018
Is the Auriel path bugged? When I visit it just repeats the wait/search her room event over and over.

frostgames

Game Developer
May 2, 2022
Is the Auriel path bugged? When I visit it just repeats the wait/search her room event over and over.
Yep looks like it and that blocks the rest of auriel story, thanks for reporting I will upload a bugfix fixing this and the other bugs reported in a few minutes.

Onirune

Mar 23, 2019
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Magic empower tied to Jade quest, i missed something during story?

Last edited:

frostgames

Game Developer
May 2, 2022
Magic empower tied to Jade quest, i missed something during story?
No, this full traceback is crazy. The line of code giving problems is one that removes magic empower from your 'deck' while the skill is active but it is trying to do it even if it has already been removed, that is the error, you can just click to ignore it and there should be no problem until I release a bugfix.

Onirune

Mar 23, 2019
Understood, i mostly were just curious, this bug is somewhat annoying, but not a fatal one.

PS: Is this intended for Shion to be much more difficult than other characters?(again just curious)

frostgames

Game Developer
May 2, 2022
Understood, i mostly were just curious, this bug is somewhat annoying, but not a fatal one.

PS: Is this intended for Shion to be much more difficult than other characters?(again just curious)
She is not, if you use her weaknesses.
If you want to win with vaginal penetration you need the big dick spell.

Karana

Feb 8, 2017
So a few days back I mentioned that I disliked the new combat system to the extent that I had lost interest in playing the game. Now while that opinion is valid, in so much as all subjective opinions are valid, it's not particularly constructive or useful feedback. So I figured I'd pop back in and articulate the issues I had with the new system and what caused me to bounce off of it.

Standard disclaimers apply, things like fun and enjoyment are subjective, what some like, others won't, this is just my perspective. One of the reasons why I enjoy video games is because they are a medium that offer choice and interactivity. There are a million smutty stories on the internet that I could read if I solely wanted to get my rocks off, but I like adult games because they present choices and options in how I want to enjoy them.

This was especially true in regards to this game. I greatly enjoy sexual domination, so a game about consensual, sexy fights for sexual dominance is so far up my alley that it's disappeared off the horizon. This also means in sexual scenarios I enjoy control and power. I enjoyed having the option to make Iris cum solely by teasing her ears, I enjoyed teasing Auriel by ineffectively flinging magic at her before pinning her to ground and ravishing her, whispering sweet nothings and compliments to Jade and then commanding her to cum without ever laying a finger on her or overpowering Shion and slowly making her give in to her lust while she struggles in vain to break free.

Interactions like this are where the sex appeal in the sex game comes from. I cannot do any of this in the new combat system. The new combat system is essentially just Random Bullshit Go. I have no meaningful choices or options, it is functionally identical to me going to gelbooru and hitting Random in the hope that something sexually appealing pops up. The new combat system is more "gamey" but all the sexiness has been surgically excised. Personally, for a sex game, this is a nail in the coffin. If there's no sex appeal in your sex game then you have to rely solely on the gameplay aspect to stand alone and carry this system and, frankly, the gameplay is weak. Which is unfortunate because this system has to be engaged with by the player, this is a mandatory system and it also appears frequently, it is a core part of your gameplay loop.

Now, what is it that makes it a weak system? Disregarding that I think this is a poor fit for a sex game outright given the random nature of the gameplay, I will be looking at this mechanically as a game rather than as a sex game. The first thing that stands out is the lack of variety or choice you would typically find in a CCG. There is exactly one playstyle available here and that is burn/aggro. Lust up the opponent with small attacks, defend where necessary, hit them with a finisher. What makes this even worse is that most of the cards are functionally identical. They have different names but mechanically they do the same thing. This is boring. I used to have real choices, now I have the random chance to draw a bunch of cards that are mechanically identical.

Additionally, the deck building system is annoying and limiting because there is only one deck and no way to search or curate cards. Like, okay, let's say I'm in an anal kind of mood. So I go into my deck and add in all my anal oriented cards and remove all the other shit so I don't bloat my deck and away we go. This is now the single deck that I am stuck with for the entire night. But let's say RNG smiles on me and graciously allows me to enjoy some anal funtime with the girls for the evening. Great, but that was a whim, I don't want to do this every fight. So it's time to go back to the deck builder and strip out all/most of the anal cards and create a new deck. This is not fun. The new combat system is shallow, boring, tedious and worst of all, not sexy. And you have to interact with this mandatory system every single night (except for Wednesdays).

I hate it.

Thank you for coming to my TED talk, I hope you enjoy this thesis I just wrote.

Last edited:

Onirune

Mar 23, 2019
Shion became muuuuuuch more difficult comparing to other girls if player doesn't take charisma every lvl-up. Her physical stats outmatch us even with magic empower most of the time, so she constantly will grab(maybe just my luck) generate a lot mojo and than ride MC in to the oblivion. It would not a problem, but to get enlargement transformation we need to progress her story. Which need wins(for some reason she were rare opponent, needed a lot of reloads to just fight her and appoint opponent appears after her story point). Yes dodge is extremely effective against her, but than again. Getting empower or enlargement buffs during battle isn't guaranteed, so for charmless player(yes i know its kinda dumb choice for a sexfighter but come on where is fun in playing always by the book?) she will be double or triple difficulty spike compared to any other girl. Or maybe dice roll weren't on my side every game against her and i overthinking it. Highly improbable, but happened in other games to me >_<.

Last edited:

Shadeyman7

Jun 13, 2018
Apologies if these bug reports for version 0.4 have already been made in this thread, didn't look before reporting in this post.

Auriel's "foreplay victory 2" is not unlocking in the reminiscence viewer even if it has been triggered and chosen.
Big Dick Victory for Jade frequently will not show up as an option even if stated conditions (use penis enlargement, use sex) have been met. (as I was typing this right now I got it to show up... once. All other times it hasn't shown up at all)
Big Dick Victory for Iris will not show up as an option even if stated conditions (defeat Iris with the spell active) are met.
After the first time, I am no longer receiving challenges.
This one isn't actually a bug but: there is no "turn off enlarge penis" option like there is for Magic Empowerment. I recall there used to be, and it seems like it would be useful to have.
The magic Empowerment buff frequently causes the following error for me at the start of rounds:
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/scripts/battlecode.rpy", line 180, in <module>
ValueError: list.remove(x): x not in list

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "script.rpyc", line 253, in script call
  File "scripts/jadequests.rpyc", line 31, in script call
  File "script.rpyc", line 245, in script call
  File "script.rpyc", line 239, in script call
  File "script.rpyc", line 243, in script call
  File "scripts/jadequests.rpyc", line 3, in script call
  File "script.rpyc", line 241, in script call
  File "scripts/jadequests.rpyc", line 49, in script call
  File "scripts/jadequests.rpyc", line 51, in script call
  File "scripts/jadequests.rpyc", line 45, in script call
  File "scripts/battletime.rpyc", line 249, in script call
  File "scripts/battlecode.rpyc", line 180, in script
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 1131, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "renpy/python.py", line 1061, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "game/scripts/battlecode.rpy", line 180, in <module>
  File "renpy/revertable.py", line 97, in do_mutation
    return method(self, *args, **kwargs)
ValueError: list.remove(x): x not in list

Windows-10-10.0.19041 AMD64
Ren'Py 7.5.3.22090809
Lustia 0.4b
Tue Jul 18 06:12:27 2023

frostgames

Game Developer
May 2, 2022
Shion became muuuuuuch more difficult comparing to other girls if player doesn't take charisma every lvl-up. Her physical stats outmatch us even with magic empower most of the time, so she constantly will grab(maybe just my luck) generate a lot mojo and than ride MC in to the oblivion. It would not a problem, but to get enlargement transformation we need to progress her story. Which need wins(for some reason she were rare opponent, needed a lot of reloads to just fight her and appoint opponent appears after her story point). Yes dodge is extremely effective against her, but than again. Getting empower of enlargement buffs during battle isn't guaranteed, so for charmless player(yes i know its kinda dumb choice for a sexfighter but come on where is fun in playing always by the book?) she will be twice or the difficulty spike compared to any other girl. Or maybe dice roll weren't on my side every game against her and i overthinking it. Highly improbable, but happened in other games to me >_<.
Different builds have different weaknesses although you can change your deck to make fights against specific enemies easier. When I was playing with a strength/willpower build my bigest problem was Jade, I had to keep two Lick pussy in the deck just for her. You are going the magic build, magic is a weaker build at the start but once you get more magic powers and more feats/boons it is one of the most powerful builds with devastating multithrusts.

0.4.1 will make things a little easier in that department, fetishes can be very good to help some builds since they give a weakness and a strength, but mainly the option to see the girls resistances in your room after you have fought them enough will help a lot. Every girl take more or less damage in different parts of their bodies, for exemple Jade takes extra damage from charm and licking skills while targetting her boobs don't do much.

But if you are having problems with Shion now, wait until she get all her skills after you marry her, her amazon press is brutal.

I hope more people will post how they are doing with their builds here, it is good for me to have an idea on how things are playing out. When I am playing it is like cheating because I know everything.

frostgames

Game Developer
May 2, 2022
Apologies if these bug reports for version 0.4 have already been made in this thread, didn't look before reporting in this post.

Auriel's "foreplay victory 2" is not unlocking in the reminiscence viewer even if it has been triggered and chosen.
Big Dick Victory for Jade frequently will not show up as an option even if stated conditions (use penis enlargement, use sex) have been met. (as I was typing this right now I got it to show up... once. All other times it hasn't shown up at all)
Big Dick Victory for Iris will not show up as an option even if stated conditions (defeat Iris with the spell active) are met.
After the first time, I am no longer receiving challenges.
This one isn't actually a bug but: there is no "turn off enlarge penis" option like there is for Magic Empowerment. I recall there used to be, and it seems like it would be useful to have.
The magic Empowerment buff frequently causes the following error for me at the start of rounds:
Found the problem with Auriel foreplay, just missing the trigger to add it to the memory, looking at the big dick triggers the basic ones were missing in the missionary and pile driver skills that is probably the issue. There is also the fact that when you unlock the option of a scene you have not seen yet, the ones you have already watched won't appear as options.

The error from empowerment buff was already reported and I am waiting for more bugs to release a bugfix since it is not gamebreaking, you can just click on ignore and it won't do anything.

I thought people would either want to use big dick spell or not since it has no per turn cost like the other spells that can be canceled but I can add the option to turn it off.

Challenges are not ready for this combat version and I don't even know if I will implement them again since you can already get more money and exp by defeating the girls at higher levels than yours, there are even achievments for doing so in the next version.

Onirune

Mar 23, 2019
Actually possible difficult spike based on different build by itself isn't bad. But because battles and opponent is pure random until mid game(lets call it that for now). First characters story progressions require quite number of wins which in turn can kill any possible interest. Not a problem on easy mode but anyone unlucky to try it for the first time on normal may stuck at choke point where he need to rack up wins against his worst opponent. I played before so it wasn't difficult per se, its just getting those 10(?) wins against Shion turned out into roulette. After this point character gradually power up so it doesn't feel so tiresome and i would not need to constantly reload to get particular girl to fight so i can finally progress.

Last edited:

frostgames

Game Developer
May 2, 2022
Actually possible difficult spike based on different build by itself isn't bad. But because battles and opponent is pure random until mid game(lets call it that for now). First characters story progressions require quite number of wins which in turn can kill any possible interest. Not a problem on easy mode but anyone unlucky to try it for the first time on normal may stuck on chole point where he need to rack up wins against his worst opponent. I played before so it wasn't difficult per se, its just getting those 10(?) wins against Shion turned out into roulette. After this point character gradually power up so it doesn't feel so tiresome and i would not need to constantly reload to get particular girl to fight so i can finally progress.
Defeats count toward unlocking the stories(although half as much a victories), the only one you need to defeat is Auriel and the first fight against her after you get Lilith buff is really easy.

In Shion case, the requirements to get to her world are affection 4 or higher, 18 strength(she doesn't like weaklings) and having progressed Jade world past the competition. You get 0.5 affection per victory and 0.25 per defeat, when you meet her you can get up to 1 point of affection depending on your choice. I think that usually by the time you reach that point in Jade story you will have probably already meet the other pre-requisites for Shion but I can be wrong, maybe someone don't like to go to the gym or was really unlucky and got almost no fights against Shion. Jade is the easiest to unlock after Auriel, at least if you picked one of the 2 good options when you met her the first time.

2.80 star(s) 4 Votes