• Old combat

Votes: 44 29.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AlexTorch

Engaged Member
Jun 22, 2017
I would appreciate feedback about the talks with the girls
With all the respect...but why? People here voted for combat v2, and you disregarded all the 149 people that voted to go with the 5 people on patreon, i'm not saying that you are wrong, in the end they that are paying the bills, but i feel like even if people said something about this, and a single guy on patreon said something different, you will go with him and don't give a fuck about what the people here said.

Drafox

Jul 27, 2017
I think if the game caters to a larger audience instead of a few individuals over patreon it has a bigger chance of succeeding and as a consequence could attract more supporters, the ratings won't get higher if you go against your own artistic view and the internal poll was a mistake in my opinion because the number of participants isn't high enough to give you the real image of the combat system from a player's standpoint, it's like what happens when big companies use review tests to predict their product's performance in the future but in a lot of cases it ends up backfiring because the reviewer is either biased or has a quirky taste that does not reflect the view of the majority (Redfall as an example had great reviews inside Microsoft Arcane studio but the actual reviews post release were sub par to say the least).

In any case, I'm just throwing this out there as a friendly advice nothing less nothing more, and good luck regardless of the decision.

Reactions: AlexTorch

kiaaas

Jan 18, 2020
I am sorry, but I am not gonna support this project anymore. It was a clear vote towards system 2 that was disregarded. Democracy doesn't work at all with small numbers.

frostgames

Game Developer
May 2, 2022
The problem is that the votes on patron were even more one sided than the votes here if you count percentages. I was really tempted to finish v2 and implement it anyway because I personally like it more. But I can't simple disregard the votes of the people that are supporting the project.

If just 3 people who liked the new combat joined as a patron and voted for combat v2 it would tie and I would go for it.

But even without that happening all the votes here weren't in vain. Because of them I am still working on v2 even if very slowly and will probably release a version of it with more girls and skills for a better test in a few weeks. I am hoping that with more girls and skills to test, my old and new patrons(I am currently at 11 patrons and there are only 5 votes in the old poll) will have a better experience with it and maybe vote for V2 in the new poll that will come with it.

Alkaid_

May 27, 2021
With all the respect...but why? People here voted for combat v2, and you disregarded all the 149 people that voted to go with the 5 people on patreon, i'm not saying that you are wrong, in the end they that are paying the bills, but i feel like even if people said something about this, and a single guy on patreon said something different, you will go with him and don't give a fuck about what the people here said.
It's still potentially useful feedback. Knowing what the majority of people prefer doesn't force you go along with that, and it can help inform decisions that aren't directly related as well.

frostgames

Game Developer
May 2, 2022
Updated to 0.3.7, this is the last version with the old combat system.

I am really curious to see the reaction to the new system since majority here liked the demo but that will have to wait until public release.

• Red Heart
Reactions: keni77

Viixby

Dec 19, 2019
It's still potentially useful feedback. Knowing what the majority of people prefer doesn't force you go along with that, and it can help inform decisions that aren't directly related as well.
I should mention, the from what I've heard a lot of random people will just click whatever sounds better without any experience on the matter or before even downloading the game. People see "V2 or new" and immediately vote for that. The voting on here is probably heavily inaccurate compared to what people really want that have tried both.

frostgames

Game Developer
May 2, 2022
I should mention, the from what I've heard a lot of random people will just click whatever sounds better without any experience on the matter or before even downloading the game. People see "V2 or new" and immediately vote for that. The voting on here is probably heavily inaccurate compared to what people really want that have tried both.
The main factor on changing was that I didn't like the old system anymore, it was a chore to code and test because I was bored of it. With the new system I am having fun again.

skrowl

Jul 15, 2017
In the new system, it's frustrating that you FINALLY get a "Reverse" to land, and then the NPC immediately reverses again before you get a chance to take a single action. Maybe when a NPC has the better position and you land a reverse, the NPC shouldn't get an action at all until the next turn?

Edit - LOL, just landed a "Grapple from Behind" on Auriel, and not only did she get out of it, but she then used the super rigged / op magical shackle spell on my character all before I got my next turn. Pretty unplayable currently.

Last edited:

frostgames

Game Developer
May 2, 2022
In the new system, it's frustrating that you FINALLY get a "Reverse" to land, and then the NPC immediately reverses again before you get a chance to take a single action. Maybe when a NPC has the better position and you land a reverse, the NPC shouldn't get an action at all until the next turn?

Edit - LOL, just landed a "Grapple from Behind" on Auriel, and not only did she get out of it, but she then used the super rigged / op magical shackle spell on my character all before I got my next turn. Pretty unplayable currently.
That is the old system. Later today 0.4.1 will release for all patrons and I will update here to 0.4, that is the version with the new combat system. There is an old demo if you want to have an idea of what it looks like and not wait until later today.

Reactions: Gigger2461

frostgames

Game Developer
May 2, 2022
Updated to 0.4, enjoy the new combat system.

Feedback is welcome, especially if you could post here which is the harderst and the easiest opponent for you and on what stats you are investing. There are too many different builds and strategies for me to test it all so it would help me have a better idea if any of the girls needs a buff or a nerf.

Last edited:

Gigger2461

Mar 11, 2018
The primary stat thing doesn't work until you reach the first treshold (20), at least for willpower.
Currently doing great with willpower, only lost 3 times, recover is fantastic and it's fairly easy to choose the right timing to use endure (40 LP), I picked the option of +1 skill when drawing but the reroll from chaotic essence path probably would've been better to increase the odds of getting recover.

frostgames

Game Developer
May 2, 2022
The primary stat thing doesn't work until you reach the first treshold (20), at least for willpower.
Currently doing great with willpower, only lost 3 times, recover is fantastic and it's fairly easy to choose the right timing to use endure (40 LP), I picked the option of +1 skill when drawing but the reroll from chaotic essence path probably would've been better to increase the odds of getting recover.
After taking a look, you are right, both willpower and agility primary stat don't work until you reach 20. For the Recover it is slightly changed, the math goes from 250% WILL to 10+200%LEVEL+100%WILL, if you got willpower primary just to get to this faster or reach it only at high level you should be healing just a little less but for those investing heavly into willpower it will be a bigger nerf.

Yes, most times using endure at 40 is a great strategy, since they are very likely to use a finisher. It is part of the learning curve of the use of defensives, I am glad it wasn't hard to discover it.

Reactions: Gigger2461

Gigger2461

Mar 11, 2018
Wrong confirmation message, it should be Sacrifice.
Also saying no changed the first skill to heroic cumback, it was chaotic resistance before.

Karana

Feb 8, 2017
I don't get the new combat system. Is this like a random choice of actions drawn from my action pool each turn? So I have to just hope that I randomly draw the option to play how I want to? This feels awful. I hate it. I'm going to push through and see if this gets better later but given how much combat is in this game I'm a little worried how this will pan out.

frostgames

Game Developer
May 2, 2022
Wrong confirmation message, it should be Sacrifice.
Also saying no changed the first skill to heroic cumback, it was chaotic resistance before.
Dammit, I fixed this bug in 0.4.1, apparently I forgot to fix it here too. Both the level 3 and level 7 from chaotic essence had this bug. The comfirmation name is wrong but you get the right skill by choosing it, I don't remember if you can use rollback during it, if you can that will solve the other problem while I wait to see if more bugs appear before releasing a bugfix.

Did you restart with chaotic essense to get the reroll or are you trying a different build?

frostgames

Game Developer
May 2, 2022
I don't get the new combat system. Is this like a random choice of actions drawn from my action pool each turn? So I have to just hope that I randomly draw the option to play how I want to? This feels awful. I hate it. I'm going to push through and see if this gets better later but given how much combat is in this game I'm a little worried how this will pan out.
Yes, your options are pulled from your "deck", you can change your deck and you get new option every three turns, there are also feats that make you draw more options, give you the ability to reroll them, increase the odds of drawing a skill or even ensures you will get a skill.

Karana

Feb 8, 2017
Yes, your options are pulled from your "deck", you can change your deck and you get new option every three turns, there are also feats that make you draw more options, give you the ability to reroll them, increase the odds of drawing a skill or even ensures you will get a skill.
Yeah, I've gone through some more fights and understand how the system works now. I still hate it. And apparently Auriel has some kind of instant win move now? That's something. I would like to thank you for the enjoyment your game has given me prior to this point. The setting, story and characters have been great and I was really looking forward too seeing how they developed. However, given how frequent and unavoidable combat is, this is no longer a game for me. Thank you again for everything, it's been a blast.

2.80 star(s) 4 Votes