• Combat v2

Votes: 105 70.5%
  • Old combat

Votes: 44 29.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Volta

Apr 27, 2017
I actually don't have a problem with the AI art, call me uncultured but the images where always just flavour for the text IMO.

Nait Sieve

Mar 5, 2021
quite some talk about the art going on here, so here my 2 cent as well.
i'm personally not a fan of AI art as well, not even so much because of the quality (that will continue to improve over tme), but because i feel like AI is killing more and more kinds of jobs and will probably make humanity devolve as a whole (kids these days can just let ChatGPT do their homework and stuff).
however frostgames is far from the first one to switch to AI art and surely not the last one either. it simply makes perfect sense when looking at the costs compared to hiring an artist. it's likely something we'll just have to get used to (similar to things like CGI in the past).

axorn

Nov 18, 2018
I actually don't have a problem with the AI art, call me uncultured but the images where always just flavour for the text IMO.
as you are perfectly allowed to do, I will never judge someone for having different taste (except I guess if those taste are highly illegal).
I'm just feeling very sad that we lost a good artist and due to that the game also suffers a loss in quality in that area.
Maybe it's just my sense of details, but I just have such a hard time enjoying automated photoshop.

I mean, for example, the last picture in the preview.
I can spot at least 4 different pieces that have been automated photoshopped into one, poorly at that.
The face is a whole different rendering style and looks to be a bit too far to the right.
Her torso looks to be a different but similar rendering style, very toned down highlights compared to her butt.
Maybe intentional.
However, what makes me believe that her lower body and upper body are from two different pieces is due to her upper body's spine being connected to her left butt-cheek, aka her upper body is too far to the left.
We can also see by her left arm that the bed are from two different pieces.
Most likely one is from the upper body's original piece whilst the other is from the lower body's.
Finally, the tail is just so damn low on her body, if this poor girl goes to the toilet, she will either have to grab and painfully pull that thing into a damn near broken angle, or she's gonna be dipping her tail in the toilet.

Is any of these mistakes Frosts fault?
NO, obviously not.
Are these mistakes a human artist could make?
A lot of them yes, especially if they were just using photoshop and was editing existing pieces.
What is a problem, in my eyes, is that some A-holes with a bunch of computers have the gall to scam people with this level of work.
If this was commissioned from a pro, even just a photoshop pro, I would encourage Frost to demand a refund, cause you can't ask for money with that level of sloppiness, especially when it's a soulless abomination doing the work.

Hopefully, Automated photoshop will die out once some rules are established and especially as more and more sites seem to add protection from AI to art.
Just cause artists put their work out on the internet, does not mean they are ok with companies using their art to make money.

Aight, I have ranted enough.
Once again, I hope things improve for you Frost and I hope that your sister returns to drawing.
If not for this game then at the least for the joy of it.
I will most likely go back to grumbling as a lurker again now.
I look forward to seeing more of your writing and if I may make a suggestion, avoid doing big pictures with the Automated photoshop, since the less we see of the character the closer they stay to their original art, since besides Iris from what I have seen of the AI pieces, it has been entirely different characters from the original art pieces.

Good luck and keep up your good work.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Volta

frostgames

Game Developer
May 2, 2022
Changing the topic from art, I am still waiting on feedback of feats, weaknesses, attribute skills and challanges. I would like to hear on how is combat feeling now that it has envolved a lot since the first version.

Licatese94

Oct 2, 2017
I really like the game it's great but after less than an hour I've already lost the desire to play it: the fights are repetitive and all the same in fact once you've finished that little story, the game becomes a real loop with the same images, text and combat until infinity and the game stops being addictive...
I hope that in the future more dialogues and descriptions will be added during fights and maybe even more photos, finding a way to make sexfights more fun

what I mean is that it would be great if there was a way to make every sexfight different with something that surprises you instead of already knowing what to expect and i hope the developer of this game succeeds, i love sexfight games and there are very few of them thats why i hope this one gets better

Reactions: Viixby

Azerin

Dec 28, 2018
Changing the topic from art, I am still waiting on feedback of feats, weaknesses, attribute skills and challanges. I would like to hear on how is combat feeling now that it has envolved a lot since the first version.
I didn't play older versions but I can still give feedback on how combat feels currently. Challenges I haven't unlocked...I think the game said you needed to be level 8, but I'm 10 or 11 and never saw any option so I don't know.
Attribute skills, I went magic and willpower although I got a bit of str as well, caress and multithrust feel very good, pound feels pretty bad but maybe its just compares really badly to multithrust.
Weaknesses I went ass lover and honestly it never really comes up as far as I can tell.

In general combat feels....alright. Auriel is a complete pushover, and Iris is usually pretty manageable, but Shion I can almost never defeat, maybe 1/5 tries at best. I don't think I've beaten Jade even once. Shion grapples you and it's not uncommon at all that I spend 5+ turns trying to escape (I've also tried reverse but it doesn't seem much easier to pull off). If she gets you in cowgirl stance it's pretty much over, escaping is very hard and even if you do she probably built such a huge lead in arousal making a comeback is next to impossible. I did defeat her a few times by managing to reverse a grapple and do anal to her, or just by being lucky and escaping her grabs quickly, but it is extremely luck based. I don't know why it is SO hard to escape grapples even with magic reinforcement on full time.
Jade is just unreal though, it seems like every one of her attacks hits pretty hard, except maybe kiss, and she frequently goes into an oral stance which is just as hard to escape as Shion's grabs and hits INSANELY hard. I take maybe 20-30% of my arousal per turn from her in oral stance and again it's not uncommon to take 4-5 turns to escape by which point you lost the fight already most likely. On the plus side she seems to take higher than average damage from a lot of attacks so I've come close once or twice but her absolutely lethal oral stance ends most fights within the first 5-6 turns of the fight.

So yeah in general I kind of like the idea of the combat but I think it needs to be FAR easier to escape grabs, or put a cooldown on enemies using their grapples, or perhaps a massive boost on your chances to evade/escape a grapple if you just did so. It's not uncommon for me to escape from Shion or Jade only for them to immediately grab again on the same turn, which feels terrible. I kind of wish there was an option to see failed (or successful) stat checks on some stuff, since I'd really like to know exactly what stats are being checked to reverse/escape grabs and be able to see my chances of succeeding through the math.

edit: unrelated to combat but I rather like the writing for a lot of the scenes, keep up the good work there, although if possible you should get a proofreader since English isn't your first language and there are times you use the wrong word or make grammatical errors. Off the top of my head there is a scene with Auriel when she appears in men's bathroom you give her your "jacked", and it really says jacked several times in the scene. I assume you mean your "jacket" but yeah that's the kind of error I'm talking about.

Last edited:
Reactions: rokudosenji

Gigger2461

Mar 11, 2018
I've gone with Determination and a mainly STR and AGI build. Auriel fight depends entirely on grabs, Shion is pretty easy, just focus on her breasts and escape if the stance doesn't allow it, determination makes this easy. For Iris it's a coinflip with me abusing determination to only use pet ears, if she gets me into a stance that I can no longer use it it's over. As for Jade I only managed to beat twice, had to savescum. Haven't used any weaknesses and only challenge was to start naked, others seemed too hard.
You should change the description of Full Nelson, in its current form it gives the impression that they will be stunned when you use it.

frostgames

Game Developer
May 2, 2022
Interesting to see the different point of view from different builds, Jade is a special case where using the same skill constantly is not a good idea at all, you need to keep alternating between charm and other skills because every time you use a charm skill on her(kiss, charm, compliment, whisper), the damage of your next pet or sex skill is doubled, if you progress Lilith story she can give tips against each girl after you play video games with her.

It is also good to know that people like the sex scenes, I thought it would be a weak link in the game since my only experience in writing erotic content was from erps(erotic roleplaying) in tabletop rpgs played using online programs and even then it was not in english and I only write the action of my character.

Last edited:

axorn

Nov 18, 2018
Interesting to see the different point of view from different builds, Jade is a special case where using the same skill constantly is not a good idea at all, you need to keep alternating between charm and other skills because every time you use a charm skill on her(kiss, charm, compliment, whisper), the damage of your next pet or sex skill is doubled, if you progress Lilith story she can give tips against each girl after you play video games with her.

It is also good to know that people like the sex scenes, I thought it would be a weak link in the game since my only experience in writing erotic content was from erps(erotic roleplaying) in tabletop rpgs played using online programs and even then it was not in english and I only write the action of my character.
If I may make a suggestion, You should look if you could find someone or someones that you can ERP the scenes with essentially (as long as they know it will be used in the game).
Cause that can definitely make for some very unique scenes since they would be way more "real" so to say.
Would also make things easier for you since having someone to bounce things with makes it easier to be inspired.

Only a suggestion.
Could be ending up good or it could be a bad idea.

Also I would suggest making even more fight ending scenes depending on what you used to finish the "fight".
Like scenes for Full Nelson, big dick anal and so on and even variant for if you have the big dick on or off for all the different endings.

Keep up the good work.

frostgames

Game Developer
May 2, 2022
Put links for the combat V2 test on the main page, there you will be leveled right away to level 6 and will only fight Iris, she starts at level 5 but you can increase her level if you wish. There is also very detailed tooltips for all skills so you can create your builds after the first fight.
I will start a poll to gauge the reception to this combat system so feel free to vote after playing. And feedback is also appreciated.

Viixby

Dec 19, 2019
Thoughts on the combat systems:
Why change it?!? :cautious:

"Deck Building" Sytem: (n)
The new deck building system doesn't seem to fit this game, it's less progressive and more random. Probability should be involved in a game like this, however the probability for you to have the option to attempt an action, does not feel enjoyable.
From a balance perspective it's fine... From a gameplay perspective it's unrewarding in the sense of what a deck building mechanic should have. From this perspective of gameplay, it's essentially, slap the moves in the deck to have the optimal probability of moves desired for use. Then click on the best move at the time given from drawn moves.
For this game to have a deck building mechanic and have it be enjoyable it would have to be far more complex than I assume willing to strive for with this. As it stands it's just not enough and I don't see it ever being enough to feel good. It would need a fully animated card system with art on all cards, for this system to even begin to feel engaging as it stands.

The Old Combat: (y)
The old combat feels more engaging and rewarding in every way. The decisions you make feel more important and impactful. There's more choice involved on top of them feeling a need for more keen choice. The progression of sex combat in this game suits the old combat system much better as well. The old combat I didn't have anything to complain about in the first place. This was the main interest of people getting into this game in the first place as many have stated before there's just not enough sex battle games with this enjoyable form of combat out there. The system is good, it works, and just needs some subtle adjustments and changes over time. Sure, it will require balancing over time, but so will the deck system.

Side note:
It's not the combat that needs adjustments or changes, it's literally anything else. More art/scenes, more moves for the old combat, unlockable moves or positions, content in general. The concept of the game is fine, don't change it!!! Add to it!

Reactions: Nait Sieve

Nait Sieve

Mar 5, 2021
i didn't test things extensively, but from what i've seen i mostly agree with Viixby. deck building games are cool and all, but turning lustia into that now woud be... idk, maybe not unfitting if done well, but it woud certainly require quite a lot more work to feel satisfying. CCG's need a ton of cards, varying deck themes to aim for, permanent effects and ways to counter them, and a complex and engaging ruleset in general. i may think things too far, but it woud be lots of work regardless, and i personally don't see an issue with the old system.

Gigger2461

Mar 11, 2018
I enjoyed the card system but as the previous guy said, it requires a lot of work to truly make it good. I'm curious as to how a combo deck or perhaps otk would end up working here.

frostgames

Game Developer
May 2, 2022
Side note:
It's not the combat that needs adjustments or changes, it's literally anything else. More art/scenes, more moves for the old combat, unlockable moves or positions, content in general. The concept of the game is fine, don't change it!!! Add to it!
That is what I have being doing for the last 5 months updating monthly, I have been adding more skills, stances, powers, feats, scenes, girls, events and illustrations but it is not working very well since my patreon has barely moved, what I currently earn can't even pay the novelAI subscription which costs $25/month.
Said that, I am trying new ideas to try to improve the game and attract more support, I personaly liked the V2 system, it makes for more engaging gameplay than the old one at least for me.
But the polls will say, there is one for patrons currently 2 for Old combat and 1 for v2 and the pool here currently 2 2, I expect a lot of votes here once the game gets to the lastest updates page(at least I asked to put the game there, if it is going don't depend on me.).

Fuzzlewhumper

Mar 26, 2020
It's been some time since I tried this game so the old system isn't ringing any bells for me right now - I'll have to try it to see if I can joggle some memories there. As for the V2 version, just tried it.

Maybe I didn't pick a good character set of stats or got unlucky, but the abilities (cards?) were sort of bland to me.
Dodge was useful 33% chance ... sigh, why bother? 66% chance to waste my turn. It was the idea it was so unlikely to work that made me thing it and other 'cards' were going to equally be useless.

I didn't see a way to make a card - or build one. I did see where I can remove and replace cards but didn't see a building or buying spot in the V2 demo (don't even know if it's a thing or not).

Lost the several matches, the AI seemed to guess when I'd use a good move and dodge ... always succeeding. It felt like the game was cheating though could just have been bad luck on my part.

Things that could improve the game and cards. A fetish system wherein the character has definitive weaknesses and likes so some fights are harder and others may be easier. Cards that can trump one another. A kiss that is turned back by a better kisser, and other similar combination type things or moves. Positions would be nice as well, knocked down or atop someone. Though at that point you've got lots of things to take into consideration and everything gets loads more complicated.
Anyhow, I didn't vote - I don't know the old system well enough to judge them. Might try booting it up again to see but I doubt I was level 6 and my opponent 5 so it's likely I won't be able to vote legitimately.

Alright, tried the older version. I see what you did with the card system in lieu of a set list. I like V2 better and expect it to have the positioning and weakness system you had in it already. Totally went mind blank until I booted it up.

Last edited:

frostgames

Game Developer
May 2, 2022
It's been some time since I tried this game so the old system isn't ringing any bells for me right now - I'll have to try it to see if I can joggle some memories there. As for the V2 version, just tried it.

Maybe I didn't pick a good character set of stats or got unlucky, but the abilities (cards?) were sort of bland to me.
Dodge was useful 33% chance ... sigh, why bother? 66% chance to waste my turn. It was the idea it was so unlikely to work that made me thing it and other 'cards' were going to equally be useless.

I didn't see a way to make a card - or build one. I did see where I can remove and replace cards but didn't see a building or buying spot in the V2 demo (don't even know if it's a thing or not).

Lost the several matches, the AI seemed to guess when I'd use a good move and dodge ... always succeeding. It felt like the game was cheating though could just have been bad luck on my part.

Things that could improve the game and cards. A fetish system wherein the character has definitive weaknesses and likes so some fights are harder and others may be easier. Cards that can trump one another. A kiss that is turned back by a better kisser, and other similar combination type things or moves. Positions would be nice as well, knocked down or atop someone. Though at that point you've got lots of things to take into consideration and everything gets loads more complicated.
Anyhow, I didn't vote - I don't know the old system well enough to judge them. Might try booting it up again to see but I doubt I was level 6 and my opponent 5 so it's likely I won't be able to vote legitimately.
That is the flaw of only having one opponent, Iris main atribute is agility and the dodge chance is based on a comparation of your agility to the opponent. The part of her dodging your finishers you were unlucky, there is no cheating in there since her action is decided before decide yours. The skill Foresight is the proof, it will say what the enemie is going to do, I really liked the skill when I was testing, it is powerful, especially because it don't consume a turn but not overly so since it has a increasing cost every turn to it.

If you are willing to try again go with willpower for defensive stat, a few points there make a lot of difference(maybe too much) and it makes your endure stronger and recover better. You can also try to predict more or less what your opponent is going to use based on her current lust energy, her finishers have cost just like yours. Also, dodge is really powerful because you not only avoid the damage, if it is a builder the enemie don't get lust energy and if it is a finisher he spends the energy even missing, but yeah, not great against her, will probably be op against Shion, she has very low agility.

I liked the idea of the kiss, may implement it if i keep this system.

The positions would make it go back to the old system too much. One of the great advantages of the new system is that it will be way easier to create more skills and opponents, the AI I need to create for the girls is much simpler than the old one. I was thinking of starting to add a lot of opponents but they would be just for fighting no story for most of them unless they get voted for in the patreon to get their own worlds like the main girls, I could probably do a voting like that every few months.

Edit: Forgot to answer the building and buying, ther is no building your own card or buying cards, if I fully implement the system you will start with most of the cards that were in the demo and keep getting more with feats, actions and events in the story, reaching attribute breakpoints, and contradicting myself, buying in the shop, lilith shop is were you get incubus skills, I would probably add cards for beating the challenges too.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fuzzlewhumper

axorn

Nov 18, 2018
I would say that the old system is perfectly fine.

Maybe needs some balancing here and there, but the overall gameplay works fine.
What would be a big improvement would be to have WAY more victory/defeat scenes as well as more variations/reactions from the girls.

For example, Shion.
You get one reaction if you play with her tits as well as a victory screen if that's the move that beats her, and/or even a slight variation on the defeat screen if the last move you did before she won, was involving her tits.
You similarly, you could have her react if you do play with her tits/nips to give the player some extra info on if the move was extra effective or not without making it seem too techie.

Doing this will allow you to make the combat more interesting, because now there are a whole lot of scenes that we can unlock, motivating us to keep trying new things, especially if the scene changes after a while.
Like win three times using one move will go from "victory fingering 1" to "victory fingering 2".
This is how you can make the combat more interesting, the reward.
The old system is perfectly fine in my opinion.
My suggestion would not work at all with the new system since it would just end up making the player frustrated as your "piledriver anal" which would unlock a scene you have never seen before, fell short by 2 and now you have to use a move with a victory scene you have seen 15 times or lose instead.

You could even have some special moves that require certain situations to activate.
Example with Shion again (can you guess which girls my favorite?).
She has you in the cowgirl position, you manage to reverse it, you can now chose to go full on mating press as a move/position.
Also dick growth spell during sex could be used as a strategy to potentially inflict a one turn stun.

Also adding more variants to some of our moves such as fingering having the option of which hole it goes in.

Making it the randomness that is card games would make it way more difficult for the player to properly experience the scene cause maybe you want to go with slow sensual lovemaking and end up with a hand full of only the driest anal nelsons.

Also, I would put more focus on completing at least one of the girls overall story than adding more girls.
I would personally prefer a small number of highly fleshed out girls than one hundred girls with about 3 five line scenes each.
Quality over quantity.

P.S. 25$ A MONTH? For that "quality"?
Those buggers are karking scamming you!

Last edited:

frostgames

Game Developer
May 2, 2022
I would say that the old system is perfectly fine.

Maybe needs some balancing here and there, but the overall gameplay works fine.
What would be a big improvement would be to have WAY more victory/defeat scenes as well as more variations/reactions from the girls.

For example, Shion.
You get one reaction if you play with her tits as well as a victory screen if that's the move that beats her, and/or even a slight variation on the defeat screen if the last move you did before she won, was involving her tits.
You similarly, you could have her react if you do play with her tits/nips to give the player some extra info on if the move was extra effective or not without making it seem too techie.

Doing this will allow you to make the combat more interesting, because now there are a whole lot of scenes that we can unlock, motivating us to keep trying new things, especially if the scene changes after a while.
Like win three times using one move will go from "victory fingering 1" to "victory fingering 2".
This is how you can make the combat more interesting, the reward.
The old system is perfectly fine in my opinion.
My suggestion would not work at all with the new system since it would just end up making the player frustrated as your "piledriver anal" which would unlock a scene you have never seen before, fell short by 2 and now you have to use a move with a victory scene you have seen 15 times or lose instead.

You could even have some special moves that require certain situations to activate.
Example with Shion again (can you guess which girls my favorite?).
She has you in the cowgirl position, you manage to reverse it, you can now chose to go full on mating press as a move/position.
Also dick growth spell during sex could be used as a strategy to potentially inflict a one turn stun.

Also adding more variants to some of our moves such as fingering having the option of which hole it goes in.

Making it the randomness that is card games would make it way more difficult for the player to properly experience the scene cause maybe you want to go with slow sensual lovemaking and end up with a hand full of only the driest anal nelsons.

Also, I would put more focus on completing at least one of the girls overall story than adding more girls.
I would personally prefer a small number of highly fleshed out girls than one hundred girls with about 3 five line scenes each.
Quality over quantity.

P.S. 25$ A MONTH? For that "quality"?
Those buggers are karking scamming you!
I already thought in a solution for the end scene problem you highlited, I would just give you a menu screen for you to choose the ending based on all finishing moves you used.

The idea of variations of the scenes for getting it enough times is interesting.

You will probably like 0.3.4 since Shion is the focus, you can finally challenge her in combat and marry her if you win, this unlocks the full variations of all her end of combat scenes, no more blue balls for you after defeating her.

frostgames

Game Developer
May 2, 2022
Curiosity, did anyone try to fight Iris at a higher level? My best while testing was level 7 Iris using a str/will build.

2.80 star(s) 4 Votes