VN Ren'Py Abandoned Lusty Town [v0.2.0] [LustyGames]

4.90 star(s) 11 Votes

GrogGuy

Apr 3, 2022
This was actually really good. Did a first run with all reserved choices because I like slow burns, then a second run with all forward choices just to see the content I missed. And I have to say, it was pretty interesting to see how much the content diverged. It was also kind of interesting how the choices kind of start locking you into making more of the same choices. I don't believe I've seen a similar mechanic before.

Anyway, thanks dev, assuming you still look here haha. If this ever gets resumed, or new project gets started, I'd be happy to subscribe.

Edit: The left 4 dead talk made me nostalgic too haha. Used to play the shit out of that with my friends even if I was never particularly good.

Last edited:
Reactions: hentai charley
Jul 31, 2021
i think this game has been abandoned :(
Without a doubt. There has been zero activity on the dev's side. Like I've said before on this thread there could be a slight possibility that the dev could very well be active on discord but that's just a guess on my part. It's only a matter of time before this game gets tagged as abandoned.

Jul 24, 2022
Lusty Town
Version: 0.2.0
Type: VN - Dating Sim - 3 Paths: Romance/Lusty/Depraved
Content: Short
Pacing: Depends on Path you take
Plot line: Go to school and follow the events as they come

Character Models: Really Good
Personalities: If you choose Romance, you're in for promising character development as it seems atm.

Music: Sadly no music to set the theme yet
Animation: Good

Best Part: 3 straightforward Paths (mainly if you download the guide) in order to easily go through all scenarios without getting stuck

Thoughts: Looks really promising. Imo, the MC looks a bit emotionless which is not at all the case in his dialog. Maybe, you could let him smile more often ? Increased lighting in some of the darker rooms would also be more appropriate.
Really sorry if I sound like a prick. Seriously, good work :)

FlinPaltwell

Game Developer
Jan 11, 2021
anyone still in his discord? need the server
It won't let me invite people, but I can tell you that he hasn't said anything on his Discord or Patreon in almost exactly 2 years (his last message being the one I shared, where he announces that he's suspending development of Lusty Town but would return "soon").
I even sent him a message on his Patreon about 20 days ago, just asking what he was up to, but unfortunately he never responded (and for context, he has responded to me in the past and we talked at length about his game).

I think if you join his Patreon for a dollar, it should automatically provide you with the Discord link, but I'm not sure.

Wesieboy56

Dec 7, 2017
It won't let me invite people, but I can tell you that he hasn't said anything on his Discord or Patreon in almost exactly 2 years (his last message being the one I shared, where he announces that he's suspending development of Lusty Town but would return "soon").
I even sent him a message on his Patreon about 20 days ago, just asking what he was up to, but unfortunately he never responded (and for context, he has responded to me in the past and we talked at length about his game).

I think if you join his Patreon for a dollar, it should automatically provide you with the Discord link, but I'm not sure.
maybe he died?

FlinPaltwell

Game Developer
Jan 11, 2021
maybe he died?
The thought occurred to me. It's possible, and it's not like we'd ever find out, right?

But who knows. I think it's plenty reasonable to assume he just stepped away and hasn't felt a strong enough pull to return, or has been too busy, or would prefer to work on something in secret for a few years. After all, he's shown a history of being very reclusive (which I relate to). And maybe the email he tied to his Patreon isn't one he normally uses, so he hasn't noticed my messages. Who knows?

If I'm gonna make any assumptions about his well-being, then I'm just gonna hope for the best and assume he's fine. Lusty, if you see this, I hope you're doing well, and you should know that if you ever decide to return, you'll get a warm welcome :giggle:

Wesieboy56

Dec 7, 2017
The thought occurred to me. It's possible, and it's not like we'd ever find out, right?

But who knows. I think it's plenty reasonable to assume he just stepped away and hasn't felt a strong enough pull to return, or has been too busy, or would prefer to work on something in secret for a few years. After all, he's shown a history of being very reclusive (which I relate to). And maybe the email he tied to his Patreon isn't one he normally uses, so he hasn't noticed my messages. Who knows?

If I'm gonna make any assumptions about his well-being, then I'm just gonna hope for the best and assume he's fine. Lusty, if you see this, I hope you're doing well, and you should know that if you ever decide to return, you'll get a warm welcome :giggle:
i second that, we miss you lusty-sensei

Reactions: FlinPaltwell

FlinPaltwell

Game Developer
Jan 11, 2021
Just wanted to let ya'll know that Lusty sent me a message this morning, so can confirm he's alive! He took time off for personal life stuff, and it sounds like he's looking to get back into the swing of things. Not sure if that means continued development of Lusty Town or a new project, but either way, seeing that message was a relief. :giggle:

Yukemoto

Jun 19, 2020
Just wanted to let ya'll know that Lusty sent me a message this morning, so can confirm he's alive! He took time off for personal life stuff, and it sounds like he's looking to get back into the swing of things. Not sure if that means continued development of Lusty Town or a new project, but either way, seeing that message was a relief. :giggle:
If he ever reads this thread I hope he's convinced to continue this game, still one of my favorites!

Jul 31, 2021
If he ever reads this thread I hope he's convinced to continue this game, still one of my favorites!
I'm with you there mate, this game has so much potential and it would be a total waste. But I'm down to see whatever else he might be cooking if he's even interested in coming back to developing games like this. Cheers.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Yukemoto
4.90 star(s) 11 Votes