VN Ren'Py Lyla's Curse [v0.1.52] [Voodoo Monkey]

4.10 star(s) 20 Votes

DJD

Jun 26, 2017
So... from all the comments, waste of time and space... still... sad.
Dev should be ashamed.

Deleted member 563623

Apr 19, 2018
Even if you skip the prologue, you run into a bunch of renpy errors from the very start of the main game. Scenes that worked in previous versions hit exceptions and aren't played properly.

It's not playable. I have to wonder what the devs were thinking putting this out. This game has always been buggy, but it's getting worse and worse. Kinda sad.

Hopefully they work it out. Could be a lot of fun if it ever works.

Reactions: torkenstiem
Nov 21, 2017
I have to agree here. I like the art and idea, but the amount of bugs suggests, that the dev does not like to check for errors. I mean who does, doing something new is more fun, but it already starts with the new hidden scenes in the prologue...

Bugs:

- errors during the hidden (bonus) scenes in the dorm room
- can't proceed past the study section towards the exam

baneini

Jun 28, 2017
Yeah the bugs are so blatant its pointless to release the patch.
Considering it's been in development for over 2 years and the amount of progress + bugs maybe the dev should look into making a text only rpgm game.

Reactions: DJD

Nutluck

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
Sadly I never tried the previous version of the game seen it for the first time with this update and well for me it is unplayable with the number of bugs. I seriously get one of those error screens about once every 10 clicks and then it takes 3-8 ignores before it jumps forward again. Guess I will try it with the next update that hopefully fixes what ever is causing all these bugs.

G3d4s

Jun 19, 2017
The bug perform when you finish all the spells before taking the gift. You have to pick gift when it remain only one magic, so she can understand she's lost power.
You have to leave one task unfinished, take gift and try to practice for exam

Deathdawg

Jul 29, 2017
Well this sucks I have ran into nothing but errors like all the other updates prior like a few others mentioned and I find it hard to believe this dev is still doing pointless updates that no one can play instead of fixing this mess as it currently stands is so unplayable

Nymphonomicon

Jan 10, 2019
I ran into a further bug, 'lmood' is not defined when asking Bhob to fix the balcony door... which causes the game to restart back to the "would you like to play prologue" choice.

crt232

Jan 2, 2020
Art is really nice, story is decent if there were a loot more content then there is now, lots of bugs and pretty short for a 3+? year old game, hope he keeps working on it and there's a lot more content one day

dirheim

Aug 15, 2018
I remember playing this game ¿3 years ago? and that I even joined the Patreon for a few months, but the amount of bugs turned me down. Has the quality of the game improved? I really enjoyed the art and the funny story, but the bugs still gives me nightmares.

4.10 star(s) 20 Votes