VN Ren'Py Lyla's Curse [v0.1.52] [Voodoo Monkey]

4.10 star(s) 20 Votes

notreallyhere

Aug 9, 2016
trust me man I've talked to the guy a lot and watch his trello, that couldn't be further from the truth he works really hard on the game and I'm absolutely sure he wants to be able to work on the game as hard as he can but if you took the time to actually look at his patreon he's not really making much off the game. he has to have a full time job to support himself and his significant other and do this on the side as well as somehow having a life in there. honestly if you wanna complain how about you actually support the guy first then you have room to complain but as of right now you can keep your negative comments to yourself it's not like it's a giant project by a bunch of different people like summertime saga it's one guy in his free time
Okay on the flip side of this you have people (like me) who have been paying to his patreon and are getting frustrated with the lack of progress. It's bad enough that there wasn't/isn't really much of a benefit between $1 a month and $20 other than how generous you feel. Some quick sketches, live-streams, votes, future storyline spoilers for higher payment tiers, etc. would have been nice to keep things alive. Then he takes a vacation for almost a month without a pause in payments so that everyone is putting in a month of absolutely no progress. Now we finally get an update since October(?) and it's showing off the work mechanic. It is any wonder that people are pissed off? He's almost at $500 a month. Yeah that's not enough to quit your day job but that should be motivation enough to do some quick doodles, some rough sketches, something to keep people interested and not feel ripped off. Nobody can see how hard you work on code.

Me personally I stopped paying sometime during his vacation to the Philippines or wherever it was. When I see some new H content I'll consider joining the patreon again.

Deleted member 563623

Apr 19, 2018
So Bhob the construction orc quest is bugged? worked a few days made over 100g but it still says i don't have money. Anyway around it or...?

HolyMolly

Oct 30, 2018
I really don't get why this game is not more popular, it's just so much better than many others games in every aspects

-Story/Art is excellent
-No stupid grind
-Nice touch of humor
-Well writen and mature
-Sex scenes are exciting and very nicely brought up

If you are reading this and didn't checked the game yet, you should definetely try it asap !

Reactions: smith66

Xaoyu

Dec 31, 2017
Hello,

i just did the piercing part and i delivered the coli for the orc. I don't find anything else to do ? it seem i can only do the work loop at the shop.

what am i supposed to do to keep going ?

HolyMolly

Oct 30, 2018
It's pretty much the end of the content for now, there is also a scene with the homeless guy if you go back to him and that's it.

smith66

Aug 24, 2017
Hello,

i just did the piercing part and i delivered the coli for the orc. I don't find anything else to do ? it seem i can only do the work loop at the shop.

what am i supposed to do to keep going ?
Did you talk to the bum about getting in contact with your friends?

This game is pitch perfect for me does anyone know similar ones?

Stuff21

Jun 5, 2017
i would love to support the game, but from the looks of it the amount of content per update isnt worth it yet.

Xaoyu

Dec 31, 2017
Did you talk to the bum about getting in contact with your friends?

This game is pitch perfect for me does anyone know similar ones?
yea but he fell in coma and then nothing happen. When i come back to him i can't discuss anymore

smith66

Aug 24, 2017
yea but he fell in coma and then nothing happen. When i come back to him i can't discuss anymore
Wow that's funny for me she gave him a hand job to make him recover. That scene must be gated by earlier choices.

Xaoyu

Dec 31, 2017
Wow that's funny for me she gave him a hand job to make him recover. That scene must be gated by earlier choices.
i had the choice to do that too. Anyway after that you were able to keep going with the quest or... ?

Back

Aug 3, 2017
Will download this soon and try it sometime within the next two weeks. I haven't touched this since, oh, 2017. Now armed with a newer laptop, I should be able to run this delightful game without issues and I'm eager to see all the cool, new things incorporated into the game. I mean, it was impressive before but it's got to be way more awesome now, right? I never forgot about the Rat Queens vibe and the darkly, adult humor it had back in the day so it's always been on my radar.

By the way, @VoodooMonkey, just visited your Patreon page and I really dig all the neat, unique art you've placed on many of your posts there. Please tell me you have a non-ingame gallery section placed in the game so that all sorts of players and fans can see all these cool art pieces that they might otherwise miss.

Here's a couple of sample images for those that may have not seen them:
Voodoo Monkey - Lyla_Bowsette (082318).png Voodoo Monkey - valentines (021419).png Voodoo Monkey - Release_V0.1.36 (030519).png
(Click to enlarge.)

defrancofan67

Mar 26, 2018
Will download this soon and try it sometime within the next two weeks. I haven't touched this since, oh, 2017. Now armed with a newer laptop, I should be able to run this delightful game without issues and I'm eager to see all the cool, new things incorporated into the game. I mean, it was impressive before but it's got to be way more awesome now, right? I never forgot about the Rat Queens vibe and the darkly, adult humor it had back in the day so it's always been on my radar.

By the way, @VoodooMonkey, just visited your Patreon page and I really dig all the neat, unique art you've placed on many of your posts there. Please tell me you have a non-ingame gallery section placed in the game so that all sorts of players and fans can see all these cool art pieces that they might otherwise miss.

Here's a couple of sample images for those that may have not seen them:
View attachment 276785 View attachment 276786 View attachment 276787
(Click to enlarge.)
they have discord they pretty regularly post art to so that's one place you can see that type of art

4.10 star(s) 20 Votes