VN Ren'Py Lysandra and the Goblins [Demo] [Periapt]

2.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Periapt

May 22, 2022
New trailer and a little bit of update progress on itch. The new trailer details more of the story, and features the voice of the lovely Miss Bordeaux Black as two of the new characters.

WondersOfEros

Jun 20, 2022
Hey. I absolutely loved the demo, but I have two concerns I would like addressed.

First of all, is the game still in active development? The over half a year long radio silence makes me a bit worried.

Secondly, I would like to hear why there is such a big discrepancy in the look of Lysandra's face. I absolutely loved her more detailed, mature look in the idle stances and blowjob scene. It matches her voice and personality perfectly. On the other hand, I am not at all a fan of the less detailed, smooth look she has in some of the sex scene progress images and trailer. Do we need to worry about quality control and art consistency or is this something that has already been streamlined behind the scenes? If you did, I really hope you stuck with the more detailed look. The smoother, younger look does not jive well with her personality and voice. I think it would be a real shame if you decided to abandon the more detailed esthetic.

detailed/mature look:
1.png
2.png

smooth/young look:
3.png

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Periapt

Pharaum

Mar 15, 2020
Hey. I absolutely loved the demo, but I have two concerns I would like addressed.

First of all, is the game still in active development? The over half a year long radio silence makes me a bit worried.

Secondly, I would like to hear why there is such a big discrepancy in the look of Lysandra's face. I absolutely loved her more detailed, mature look in the idle stances and blowjob scene. It matches her voice and personality perfectly. On the other hand, I am not at all a fan of the less detailed, smooth look she has in some of the sex scene progress images and trailer. Do we need to worry about quality control and art consistency or is this something that has already been streamlined behind the scenes? If you did, I really hope you stuck with the more detailed look. The smoother, younger look does not jive well with her personality and voice. I think it would be a real shame if you decided to abandon the more detailed esthetic.

detailed/mature look:
View attachment 2972562
View attachment 2972563

smooth/young look:
View attachment 2972565
Like you, I hope that the developer does not change the designs, and also there is no news of an update.

Reactions: WondersOfEros

Periapt

May 22, 2022

Thanks for your feedback. The VN is still in active development. Just did a little more work on it tonight. Originally my plan was releasing a demo, a few trailers and then releasing the full, finished game after a few months of manic work. In retrospect this was an extremely optimistic plan for a novice amateur developer with a day job working on his first VN (with collaborators who also have other obligations).

Now I am intending to release an early access version of the game by the end of the year. It will include 4 more fully voice-acted sex scenes (with some extra voice SFX for the two existing scenes) and include about two thirds of the story. I'm thinking it will be something modest like 3 or 4 bucks on itch.io and, of course, it'll let you download any updates and the finished version when it's released (by which point I am hoping to get it on Steam as well).

This way I can show you guys tangible updates to the game as they are being made instead of just the occasional announcement or teaser, so you can really see how the development is continuing.

I am hoping that the early access version will give those who are passionate about the VN a chance to support me if they want and help me recoup some of the cost of development, and also give me feedback as I put the finishing touches on the VN. This will include stuff like potentially touching up the artwork and other tweaks people are interested in. I know I'm not going to please everyone but with more feedback hopefully I can please as many people as possible. Someone earlier in the thread suggested some tweaks to the story to make the narrative more clear and I made them so I am definitely open to ideas. Like I said earlier in the thread, I will keep working on it till it's finished!

Thank you for taking an interest in Lysandra and the Goblins! If you want to ask any other questions, you are welcome to join my discord which I check more frequently than F95. Have a great day! :)

Periapt

May 22, 2022
Any news about an update?
Getting there! All the voice lines, art and most of the programming for early access is done. I just need to do a bit more SFX mixing and early access will be ready. There might be a bit of placeholder stuff, and it might be a bit rough around the edges in parts (I am not sure I will have the music quite like I want it) but I said I would get early access out by the end of the year (December 31st) and I am really gonna try and stick to that. Thank you for your patience!

Periapt

May 22, 2022
Early Access is here! It's 4 bucks for those who would be kind enough to support me. To anyone following the game, I appreciate your patience! :)

Reactions: WondersOfEros

WondersOfEros

Jun 20, 2022
Has the game retained the more detailed look or did you go with the more smooth esthetic?

I'd like to support the game, but for me that difference is a make it or break it thing. If you could show some screenshots for what the sex scenes look like now, and things look alright, I'll buy the game in a heartbeat.

Periapt

May 22, 2022
Has the game retained the more detailed look or did you go with the more smooth esthetic?

I'd like to support the game, but for me that difference is a make it or break it thing. If you could show some screenshots for what the sex scenes look like now, and things look alright, I'll buy the game in a heartbeat.
I DMed you :)

WondersOfEros

Jun 20, 2022
Being a deeply, deeply submissive woman myself, I found the game incredibly satisfying. In all honesty, It's probably the most enjoyable visual novel I've played to date.

I bought the game and played through all of version 0.6 in one sitting, even the parts I'd already played through in the demo.

The artwork, especially from the "chief and shaman scene" onwards, was absolutely terrific, though I think the game could definitely do with more in-between shots, and perhaps an extra image for every scene so that it doesn't feel like the shots linger on still-frames for too long. The visual presentation did sometimes get quite out of sync with what was actually happening dialogue-wise.

Speaking of which, both the narration and dialogue was worded really well. I loved all of the euphemisms you used and never felt like sentences were poorly written. It all meshed very well.

The voice actress did an absolutely wonderful job bringing the character to life. I can't sing her praises high enough. She really breathed life into every single line of dialogue and made the character feel THAT much more believable. Her performance as Lysandra is definitely a highlight of the game.

As far as the story goes, I've enjoyed it a great deal, but...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Thus far, the game's a 9/10 for me personally, but it would've been a 10/10 if only the visual representations of what's happening didn't drift out of sync with what's happening in text so often.

Keep up the good work, Periapt. I look forward to the full version of the game! ;)(y)

• Red Heart

Periapt

May 22, 2022
Being a deeply, deeply submissive woman myself, I found the game incredibly satisfying. In all honesty, It's probably the most enjoyable visual novel I've played to date.

I bought the game and played through all of version 0.6 in one sitting, even the parts I'd already played through in the demo.

The artwork, especially from the "chief and shaman scene" onwards, was absolutely terrific, though I think the game could definitely do with more in-between shots, and perhaps an extra image for every scene so that it doesn't feel like the shots linger on still-frames for too long. The visual presentation did sometimes get quite out of sync with what was actually happening dialogue-wise.

Speaking of which, both the narration and dialogue was worded really well. I loved all of the euphemisms you used and never felt like sentences were poorly written. It all meshed very well.

The voice actress did an absolutely wonderful job bringing the character to life. I can't sing her praises high enough. She really breathed life into every single line of dialogue and made the character feel THAT much more believable. Her performance as Lysandra is definitely a highlight of the game.

As far as the story goes, I've enjoyed it a great deal, but...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Thus far, the game's a 9/10 for me personally, but it would've been a 10/10 if only the visual representations of what's happening didn't drift out of sync with what's happening in text so often.

Keep up the good work, Periapt. I look forward to the full version of the game! ;)(y)
Hey there! Thank you for the detailed feedback. I appreciate it so much! I'm going to see what can be done to add more transition CGs to try and tighten up the relationship between text and visuals. If you want to PM me or reply with a spoiler tag to suggest which scenes could use an extra CG variation, and what they would be, then I would be happy to take those on board.

As for the next release, the current goal is for next month. This release should have at least one of the endings. I am shooting very hopefully for June/July as the final release date. Thank you to everyone following and supporting the project.

WondersOfEros

Jun 20, 2022
Hey there! Thank you for the detailed feedback. I appreciate it so much! I'm going to see what can be done to add more transition CGs to try and tighten up the relationship between text and visuals. If you want to PM me or reply with a spoiler tag to suggest which scenes could use an extra CG variation, and what they would be, then I would be happy to take those on board.

As for the next release, the current goal is for next month. This release should have at least one of the endings. I am shooting very hopefully for June/July as the final release date. Thank you to everyone following and supporting the project.
I'm currently in the early stages of making a visual novel myself and know how difficult it can be to write scenes that flow well, so take your time to make sure everything is just right. Looking forward to the first ending and all endings to come.

I may also sit down one day per your request to look for some those moments when I felt things got a bit out of sync.

Keep up the work! We adore your game!

• Red Heart
2.00 star(s) 2 Votes