asehpe

Mar 13, 2020
If you can ignore the gore then the writing is actually really good for this one.

My only issue is the endings are so trope like you can see them coming a mile away.

Ending 1 can be considered a "bad end" even though it isn't. It's only really bad for Carol. Ending 2 is her good end even though her love still dies at least she doesn't go on a murder rampage.

It's the bittersweet trope of tropyness.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

asehpe

Mar 13, 2020
This time it's master Hamashima Shigeo's work He wasn't only working with Clock Up, but yeah, he did art for some of the most famous Clock Up's games like Euphoria and he's really really good. :love: :love:
AFAIK Shigeo Hamashima is a woman, not a man.

Reactions: Dilettante

asehpe

Mar 13, 2020
The only thing I will say is as sweet and innocent as the girl is being hacked up, she's murdered hundreds of people if not more.

None of the girls in it are what you'd call good. It's just variations of fucked up fighting different variations of fucked up.
I'd dispute that. Unless you mean "good" very strictly, I think there are several characters who have this feature --
On top of that the girls have that whole immortal thing going on. That doesn't kill her. She'll be fine.

Last edited:

asehpe

Mar 13, 2020
I AM HERE TO DESTROY.
I got two endings where:

I replay the VN but found only one fate-deciding choice.
Any way to unlock all the scenes?
I think after you get ending 2 you have to replay the game, but not by reinstalling it or anything, just going back to the title page and starting again. This time, if you make the same choice that took you to ending 2, the same path will start, but at some point you will get several new questions having to do with the level of empathy of the main character for the witches. If you select low-empathy choices, then you'll get ending 2 again. If you select high-empathy choices, you'll get ending 3.

asehpe

Mar 13, 2020
TBH I preferred the "Red Harvest" ending to "Ashes and Diamonds".
Personally, I find them equivalent, morally speaking. But since I am more of a romantic and believe individuality (eros) is deeper than abstract love (agape), I feel better with the Ashes and Diamonds ending. (Besides, Ashes and Diamonds fills certain gaps -- What did that girl really say to Shogo? What was the true depth of Shimon's interest in Jane Doe? -- that the other endings don't.)

asehpe

Mar 13, 2020
I'm not sure this is the right forum for this kind of discussion, but the lockdown means I have tons of free time right now, so...

Except we don't.
Nearly all media that is made for the 'good feels', that has violence, isn't using the violence ITSELF for it. It is depicting the protagonist's agency. It is showing a character that the audience is identifying with using 'power' against the 'enemy'.
This is ONE way of using violence in art. There are others. I don't deny the validity of what you're saying, I just think you're excluding many things that do interest us and that are an important part of art in general.

MOST people are repulsed by violence for violence sake. Sometimes this revulsion is due to us imagining ourselves being the victim of said acts. This often leads to thinking about our own mortality. Or imagining a permanent maiming injury.
But sometimes the thought of committing the violence is just as horrifying. Empathy is a bitch.
MOST people where I come from even think sex should only happen after marriage. And also think science fiction, one of my favorite genres, is a total waste of time. So--what's your point? The tastes of MOST people do not define the limits of art, or even of human taste in all its facets. And, as I say below, MOST people still pay good money to see horror movies with graphic violence. The real question here is, why?

Violence for the sake of violence is used (almost) exclusively in the genre of horror. Because most people are revolted by it.
But you've just named a big problem with your argument. Why is there a whole genre ("horror") dedicated to the violence you claim most people are revolted by? Considering how much money all the violent horror movies make, can you really say there is no interest in violence for violence's sake in fiction? (I think it would be more interesting to ask why there is such an interest than simply trying to deny that it even exists.)

Second. Rape is about power not violence. Violence CAN be that application of power. But it does not need to be.
But violence IS prototypically the application of power (rape is, after all, a form of violence), because it -- prototypically -- has to go against the consent of the violated party, or else there is no violation, no violence. (Or do you consider, say, helping someone commit suicide also violence?)

Third. BDSM is about trust. If you just see someone whipping someone else who is tied up, you are TOTALLY missing the mark.
Yes, but, especially in the B and D parts, violence is its language. You really need the language of chains and whips to make it work. It has to be pretend violence for today's sane-safe-consensual paradigm to apply, but the aesthetics of violence has to be there, or else you go back to vanilla.

If you enjoy violence, or are aroused by it, that's fine. I'm not going to kink shame anyone as long as they are being safe IRL. You do you.

But don't make the mistake of thinking that most people also like it. Because the overwhelming majority does not.
That is true. A kink, after all -- by definition! -- is not a mainstream interest. Yet... considering the success of violence on screen (see "Seven," "Saw," etc.) or in book format, I think you need some nuance there. The US seems fascinated by serial killers (there's even a deck of cards with them, and shows that humanize them like Dexter). Most people may be revolted by violence, or so they say, but a surprisingly high number of them pays good money to see it or read descriptions of it.

Last edited:

pyr0w

Feb 19, 2018
This is ONE way of using violence in art...I just think you're excluding many things...
The exclusion was intentional. This comment was a refutation of another comment about the use of violence in Action Movies being enjoyable because violence itself is enjoyable.

MOST people where I come from even think sex should only happen after marriage.
This is a false premise. You are comparing a cultural stigma relating to sex, to a generalized human reaction that exists entirely outside that context. Learning it isn't required. Empathy takes care of it.

The tastes of MOST people do not define the limits of art
The comment you quoted was refuting the idea that most people ENJOY violence. Whether something is or is not art was not part of the question.

Yes, but, especially in the B and D parts, violence is its language. You really need the language of chains and whips to make it work. It has to be pretend violence for today's sane-safe-consensual paradigm to apply, but the aesthetics of violence has to be there, or else you go back to vanilla.
It is exactly the opposite of this actually. Bondage requires only a form of restraint. Domination only requires the acceptance of power. Telling someone to "Sit in this chair facing the corner. Listen to what I'm doing. Don't move. And don't make a sound." qualifies as both B and D (Though it does stretch the Bondage part pretty far.)

Sadism and Masochism on the other hand DO require violence. Of a sort at least. Though the question of violence and consent still applies. If violence cannot exist alongside consent, then S&M is just the giving/receiving of pain.

And, as I say below, MOST people still pay good money to see horror movies with graphic violence.
Why is there a whole genre ("horror") dedicated to the violence you claim most people are revolted by?
The horror genre is not about violence. It is about the removal of power, and the helplessness that the main characters and audience feel as a result of it. There IS a sub-genre of horror that is dedicated to violence though. And in my comment above I specifically talk about how the whole point of the sub-genre itself is to provoke disgust.

As you say a few lines up. Art. Or, at the very least, an intentional application of something to provoke a feeling. People pay good money to be disgusted, because they WANT to be disgusted. Just like people paying to go see a sad movie. They want the experience.

Aug 17, 2019
I like the other ClockUp games I've played, but I'm not super into hard guro. Can anyone who's finished this give me an idea of what percentage of the scenes in this are guro? For the record I'm not counting shit like ryona, I mean shit as serious as screenshot 4 in the OP.

asehpe

Mar 13, 2020
I like the other ClockUp games I've played, but I'm not super into hard guro. Can anyone who's finished this give me an idea of what percentage of the scenes in this are guro? For the record I'm not counting shit like ryona, I mean shit as serious as screenshot 4 in the OP.
Pretty much every H scene (with a few significant exceptions) is quite disturbing. If you mean "guro" as in bodily mutiliation or destruction (including piercing through organs, burning, etc.), then about 1/3 of the scenes (i.e., some 4-5 per route) have it, the others having more "normal" amounts of body violence and more emphasis on disgusting things like brain-fucking or all kinds of interactions between maggots/tentacles/baby maggots and body parts). In my personal experience, if you're not into guro and extreme violence, 3/4 of all H-scenes are to be CTRL-ed through as quickly as possible (though in some scenes there are some character development bits -- you'll miss those if you go too fast).

James Eveleth

Mar 22, 2018
Pretty much every H scene (with a few significant exceptions) is quite disturbing. If you mean "guro" as in bodily mutiliation or destruction (including piercing through organs, burning, etc.), then about 1/3 of the scenes (i.e., some 4-5 per route) have it, the others having more "normal" amounts of body violence and more emphasis on disgusting things like brain-fucking or all kinds of interactions between maggots/tentacles/baby maggots and body parts). In my personal experience, if you're not into guro and extreme violence, 3/4 of all H-scenes are to be CTRL-ed through as quickly as possible (though in some scenes there are some character development bits -- you'll miss those if you go too fast).
Ooook, I was maybe thinking of giving this one a try if it was only the mutilation(guro is a hard no-go for me, but I was willing to overlook the sexual aspect of the scenes as much as possible), but hearing about brain fucking and maggots is making me not want to touch this game with a 20 foot pole. Thanks for the detailed warning!

asehpe

Mar 13, 2020
Ooook, I was maybe thinking of giving this one a try if it was only the mutilation(guro is a hard no-go for me, but I was willing to overlook the sexual aspect of the scenes as much as possible), but hearing about brain fucking and maggots is making me not want to touch this game with a 20 foot pole. Thanks for the detailed warning!
Always ready to help! ;)

Honestly, though, the story is interesting enough that I would still recommend it, at least to those who can tolerate violence (or are good at CTRL-ing through scenes), if you are interested in some deep philosophical and moral questions. Maybe you've seen MangaGamer's two videos on Maggot Baits? I'm adding the links below in case you haven't. They try to make this point. MB is also a rather well-written story on the human condition and the nature of love.

James Eveleth

Mar 22, 2018
Always ready to help! ;)

Honestly, though, the story is interesting enough that I would still recommend it, at least to those who can tolerate violence (or are good at CTRL-ing through scenes), if you are interested in some deep philosophical and moral questions. Maybe you've seen MangaGamer's two videos on Maggot Baits? I'm adding the links below in case you haven't. They try to make this point. MB is also a rather well-written story on the human condition and the nature of love.

That's a compelling argument and the videos were a worthwhile watch. Alright, I'll be putting it back on my bucket list. Thanks for the recommendation!

E$DRHUIJ:

Mar 24, 2020
wait does anyone actually get arrested from MEGA ip address leaks? it sounds so hoaxy but im not sure

aerdon007

Feb 1, 2019
Can somebody please help me with this error message? It´s the only thing appearing after trying to play the novel.

4.30 star(s) 12 Votes