RPGM Complete Magical Girl Celesphonia

Yugifan3

Jul 11, 2018
This is latest up to date release on Dlsite, I translated most of menus and Main character name.
Rest of it is untranslated Japanese.

Planning on translating anything more? Need any help?

flazeo25

May 12, 2017
Planning on translating anything more? Need any help?
Almost done getting a proper partial out for it, focusing on that first before even attempting full translation.
Parital will be all normal menus, skills, items, intro, enemies, sex status, states, actors and classes.

Yugifan3

Jul 11, 2018
Almost done getting a proper partial out for it, focusing on that first before even attempting full translation.
Parital will be all normal menus, skills, items, intro, enemies, sex status, states, actors and classes.
Yeah, is what i mean, help with partial. : ) So ,far is you, someone on my server and a MTL floating around.

blalalallala

Oct 15, 2020
For those who may be facing problems with getting their translated "Tmng <arg> <some text>" to show properly
e.g. everything after a space in the text doesn't appear in the game
I fixed it by editing the OriginalCommands.js file (in www/js/plugins), changing the TickerMessage declaration (Line 109) to:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
The "Tmng <arg> <some text>" is usually the floating text that appears at the top left when you interact with some objects or NPCs.
I've only tried translating some maps, so this was the only plugin fix that I needed so far......

Reactions: Sylith and zhxulie

Sylith

Jul 1, 2018
+1, flazeo25 and blalalallala's stuff looks great. Are different people translating different parts and already collabing maybe? I know for myself I already ended up translating states, skills, most armors stuff (oh god the params linking...), and now on items, as not knowing what was going on was driving me crazy, despite how great it already was without... I also did the game start choices (Line 438 in common events i think) and other lines in commonevents like the hpara screen (lines 813+, line 817, basically where it mentions hpara), heroine fame as well (line 895), so it's all about fully translated but 1 line (Ars Memoria).

I'm sure my translation is meh at best though, and my god this took too much time so far out of curiosity. It's hard putting in things that would fit with character limits and be a fitting translation...

I'd upload screen caps but it keeps erroring :/

flazeo25

May 12, 2017
+1, flazeo25 and blalalallala's stuff looks great. Are different people translating different parts and already collabing maybe? I know for myself I already ended up translating states, skills, most armors stuff (oh god the params linking...), and now on items, as not knowing what was going on was driving me crazy, despite how great it already was without... I also did the game start choices (Line 438 in common events i think) and other lines in commonevents like the hpara screen (lines 813+, line 817, basically where it mentions hpara), heroine fame as well (line 895), so it's all about fully translated but 1 line (Ars Memoria).

I'm sure my translation is meh at best though, and my god this took too much time so far out of curiosity. It's hard putting in things that would fit with character limits and be a fitting translation...

I'd upload screen caps but it keeps erroring :/
You probally already understand how nasty this game is to translate now. Too easily breakable if not carefully monitored haha.
Developer really went out of their way to really duct tape this game together.

Suit

May 11, 2019
The MTL injection runs it fine though, just export the text using the tool and use that as your base. I'm pretty sure you can export the Japanese text using it as well. Then you won't even have to worry about screwing up the game variables and switches.

I've just exported the text and it appears even simpler than I thought. It outputs every line of text into a single JSON file, which you can then work through and translate line by line and reinject it once you're done.

Last edited:
Reactions: zhxulie

Sylith

Jul 1, 2018
Well, the game variables part is what was really giving me a tricky run, but I think I got it figured out now after digging around through all the plugins. I had to change the ItemDescription plugin to use different variable names, and now it finished the last of the equipment lines being off for what seemed like unknown reasons before ("Where is this random text coming from??"). Sure is some fun learning what is safe to change or not, but luckily the variable commands stick out with a prefix, and are a pretty much no go. AS, EC1, TOES, DE_, and a few others from the plugins info should be avoided. <option:whatever text> in note field is OK and needs changing for me still (it's flavor text only). That option variable is about the only thing that's needed to be worried about outside of description and name areas. Oh, and the <txt: whatever text> is ok too. The rest is a trap I tell you, and doesn't need changing anyway to translate.

My quick notes on the PLUGINS headache
  • ItemDescription contains extra stuff to change for additionally added descriptions to items. Descriptions are based on what stuff/effects is tagged to the gear (resists, enchants, etc). I was able to safely change the variables/parameters for translation
  • TMMapHpGauge - Line 73 in plugins.js contains the last Miasma bar text change from flazeo25's great start
  • FTKR_CSS_BattleStatus - Line 20 in plugins.js = That elusive pleasure bar text has been found

I also finally got the last string changed in the Hparameter status window, アルス・メモリア, but it loads via an actor name (actor id15 or tag n[15]), and i can only get that to refresh by starting a new game? Seems that way for all the actors to have their name changed.. The hpara window was the hardest to try messing with. Trying to do a straight to words writing translation, but stay in character limit wasn't working and had to get creative. Could still use tweaking/consistency check, but what else can you expect from doing this multiple nights at 4am?

I guess this isolates whats left as safe (so long as it looks like text) for someone to run a MTL or actual translate on and avoid landmines now? As you said flazeo, yeah, it was an interesting duck taped adventure alright. I guess this is what happens when the developer won't write their own plugins, opting to instead download a crap ton of plugins, and cobbles together something to work, no matter how redundant/clustered it may make it. So many different gauge plugins...

This took far more time than I'd like to admit. You think you're changing some things real quick, and next thing you know, hours just disappeared. Should I share what I got at all? Hopefully what I've said so far helps you dodge some pain and save time. Now I have an idea what's going on enough to enjoy the combat more, and know what is happening to the poor heroine... wonderful things lol.

Suit

May 11, 2019
No, but again, why are you touching the plugins at all when you can just swap out the text and reinject it. The actual game files themselves don't need touching, doing it this way also prevents you from breaking the game.

blalalallala

Oct 15, 2020
The MTL injection runs it fine though, just export the text using the tool and use that as your base. I'm pretty sure you can export the Japanese text using it as well. Then you won't even have to worry about screwing up the game variables and switches.

I've just exported the text and it appears even simpler than I thought. It outputs every line of text into a single JSON file, which you can then work through and translate line by line and reinject it once you're done.
Are you talking about the MTool by AdventCirno? I can't get it to work maybe because I'm not a patreon (I can export the json manual translation but nothing happens when I edit the file and try to load it, and the auto translate says file size is too large :().

I couldn't translate anything with the MTool but from the exported manualtransfile, it seems that the tool is aware of text strings that are used as arguments for commands and copies those text strings to a separate line (thus getting around the problem of some plugins maybe)? Seems like it's the superior text swapping option compared to translator++ but all the text in a json file makes my eyes and brain hurt :ROFLMAO:.

Oh, do you mind taking a screenshot of the translation from that (or whatever you're using)? Preferably the same scene I took (interaction with the bookshelf in her room), just to confirm my theory of the text string thing :LOL:.