VN Ren'Py Abandoned Magical Restart [Alpha v0.01] [Big Chungus Productions]

Star Dude

Jan 13, 2019
Jimbog thanks for trying out the demo!

Regarding the sexy bits, it's been explained with some detail earlier in the thread (and with only 2 pages of messages it's pretty easy to find).

But if that's not clear enough:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I can't seem to get to the Blue scene. Played through multiple times checking stats on options and I can only get Blue to a score of 2 and I didn't see any choices where I lost points. Swagger was at 15/15. Is it either the Purple scene OR the Blue scene or can you get both?

mrbigchungus

Mr Brosef Chungus
Game Developer
Nov 1, 2019
Star Dude thanks for checking out my game.

>is it either OR?

Nope.

Just double checked my code in case there was a bug - seems like the total possible bluelovescore is exactly 3, which is the score needed to get the sexy scene with Blue.

From reading the code:
1) tae.rpy has bluelovescore
2) spelunkingcaves.rpy has 2 instances where you can gain bluelovescore
3) the minimum swagger is 10 for the scene, as the function checks if it is greater than 9

The game wasn't compiled, so the code is easy to read in a text editor - just control + F to find the instances of the variable bluelovescore, and then try again.

OR alternatively you can just hack it on the console before the scene starts (far enough before you get the right branch, of course).

mrbigchungus

Mr Brosef Chungus
Game Developer
Nov 1, 2019
I'm putting this bad boy on hold...I know, I know. You're all as heartbroken as somebody who just won the lottery.

Me, too. Trust me.

On the other hand, I think Dee is the prettiest model I've ever crafted (used some reference photos, etc, custom morphs) you can see her, and her Friends, in a group shot in the development thread here on F95.

Considering hundreds (thousands maybe?) of people saw the demo, lots of people posted, and I learned a ton, I'm very excited about the new project.

Last edited:

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
]
I'm putting this bad boy on hold...I know, I know. You're all as heartbroken as somebody who just won the lottery.

Me, too. Trust me.

On the other hand, I think Dee is the prettiest model I've ever crafted (used some reference photos, etc, custom morphs) you can see her, and her Friends, in a group shot in the development thread here on F95.

Considering hundreds (thousands maybe?) of people saw the demo, lots of people posted, and I learned a ton, I'm very excited about the new project.

Sorry, gonna go for "nope"

you had something kind of original here and are choosing to go with something generic. You yourself can name a bunch of games who've done it before. You've got to love your own characters but I don't find Dee all that amazing. Attractive, yes; unique, no. I was looking forward to a fantasy setting game, not another modern "landlord, childhood friend" remixes (and incest is one of my favorite genres). Trying to do too much will also kill your game. You'll get bogged down.

Good luck with it, but (my opinion only) I think you're headed down a crowded road full of already failed or abandoned games when you had something kind of different that set you apart.

Good luck with it, and I hope you come back to Magical Restart at some point. Don't try to do both at once - they'll both fail that way. Do one then the other.

mrbigchungus

Mr Brosef Chungus
Game Developer
Nov 1, 2019
> Don't try to do both at once - they'll both fail that way. Do one then the other.

Thanks for that. I did do something original with Magical Restart - I've even got another ~40 images, 162 frames of animation (the 2nd adult scene for Magical Restart, with Vanessa in the Library...).

But the thing is, I've spent far too much time looking at stats, games, initial builds, etc -> and my patreon page. Guess what kind of traction the first few posts got...zero :)

If I can figure out how to make money with the new game, then once that's finished (not about to do two projects at same time), I'd love if there was a way to create Magical Restart with the Hero's Journey vision that I have.

I also believe in first impressions (see my development thread for Magical Restart) and the behavioral economics concept of 'anchoring,' it's got real world implications for a lot of stuff, not to mention, it's based in neuroscience. When we see an old friend with our eyes, 40% of our vision is filled in by memory; 60% is what we see live. With that concept, we know, if it's familiar, you might not notice they got older, have more wrinkles...maybe gained a few pounds.

But that first time you see something? It's that impression that lasts.

My partner, who doesn't play these kind of games, was laughing and enjoying far more my new project than she did anytime we went through the Magical Restart content.

Does that mean it'll succeed? Hell no.

I mean, if I could do X, and know it would make Magical Restart achieve my goals, I wouldn't have contemplated putting it on hold. But, it didn't, so there it goes.

HansDampf788

Dec 31, 2018
But the thing is, I've spent far too much time looking at stats, games, initial builds, etc -> and my patreon page. Guess what kind of traction the first few posts got...zero :)
First of I didn't have the time yet to play the ALPHA version of the game out so putting it on hold is not really a loss for me, but basically abandoning a game after the very first version because it didn't get you many Patreons is not a good look for a new Dev and only decreases the chance for getting supporters for your next game because what stops you from doing the same with the next game if it doesn't get you lets say 20 Patreons on the release day.

There is nothing wrong with wanting to make money with making AVN's and many Dev's do that but almost none of them got a ton of supporters and money with their first release, just to give you some examples, 2 of my favorite games one had its first release a bit over a year ago and the other was 8 months ago they both update very regularly and have a very good amount of content but they both are only at ~150 supporters so seeing that you are already throwing the game away for a new one after not even a week because of not getting the supporter you wanted is absolutely stupid.

caxhub

Engaged Member
Aug 22, 2019
Magical Restart [Alpha v0.01] APK -

dude4real

Apr 24, 2020
Ladies Gorgeous (first Pic Lady specially!) and OMG PIXIE GROW IN SIZE! :love:

*crossing Fingers and whisper, "please let Dev have Plan for Pixie Foursome, please let Dev have plan for..."

(or maybe Pixies stay Tiny and are just Frisky and Strong? :unsure:)

"...please let Dev have Plan for Tiny Dominatrix Pixie Foursome, please let Dev...":devilish::devilish:

Hornyowl

Jun 4, 2020
Seeing as how the dev has started another game and its been over a year since this one was put on hold, can the status be changed to Abandoned?

Reactions: mrbigchungus
Jul 12, 2023
View attachment 1203644
She's too young to make the "Is this leaded?" joke, so I'll have to google what college kids these days say about strong coffee.

Well one could have her saying something like "Here, this will put 'lead' in your pencil..."

Did you get it?
No, NOT AT ALL?
Sorry all, I HAVE DRANK TOO MUCH LEAD MYSSELF lol. :rolleyes:

But HELL YEAH on the see through table! Her skirt could have been a bit shorter.... PANTY SHOT! :p

mrbigchungus

Mr Brosef Chungus
Game Developer
Nov 1, 2019
View attachment 1203644
She's too young to make the "Is this leaded?" joke, so I'll have to google what college kids these days say about strong coffee.

Well one could have her saying something like "Here, this will put 'lead' in your pencil..."

Did you get it?
No, NOT AT ALL?
Sorry all, I HAVE DRANK TOO MUCH LEAD MYSSELF lol. :rolleyes:

But HELL YEAH on the see through table! Her skirt could have been a bit shorter.... PANTY SHOT! :p
...I think you gotta learn to use the forums better, my dude. This discussion thread is for an abandoned game, no longer in progress, that will never be updated - and the image is from my completed game, Her Heart's Desire.

lol. Next time, take a breath, and use the forums when you're less sauced ;)

• Thinking Face
Reactions: martinus-de-zuza
Jul 12, 2023
...I think you gotta learn to use the forums better, my dude. This discussion thread is for an abandoned game, no longer in progress, that will never be updated - and the image is from my completed game, Her Heart's Desire.

lol. Next time, take a breath, and use the forums when you're less sauced ;)
Ok... I did not even consider if the image was associated with an ABANDONED, COMPLETED or IN PROGRESS game... I just thought I would try to be funny. :cry:

In my defence it sounded funny on the inside of my head. :unsure:

But I thank you for your input. (Sorry if that sounds patronising or some other negative dodar, I mean no disrespect). (y)