VN Ren'Py Abandoned Magical Restart [Alpha v0.01] [Big Chungus Productions]

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
look-see just to clarify:

There *is* sexual content...I made a point of only using tags that are in the game at present, not planned tags (as some other games have)...that way I was hoping the discussion would be more focused on what's there, instead of what's not there :)

Also wanted to clarify the question you had, "Is it Isekai?" Yes, yes it is.

>Is it the MC or the character that's transported into another world?

The MC is the one who's transported to the other world...after he starts the game. It's a bit like...Matrix, if you've seen the movie? Where everything goes wonky after Neo sits at the terminal, and sees the message that changes everything, "Follow the white rabbit..."

Or in this case, "Follow the blue fairy."

Do check it out and let me know what you think!
I must have missed the sexual content then... LOL, no worries. I am not a big fan of sex every update anyway.

Looks good so far, not a lot going on yet but definitely promising. Best of luck!

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
MrFriendly - or anyone else who wants to know, "Did I see the sexy bits?"

When playing:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
No worries, I delete the newer games when I am done with them so I will have to check next update. Only so much room on my drive and often have to restart games from the beginning anyway.

Thank you though. :)

ULYAYA

Oct 17, 2020
No worries, I delete the newer games when I am done with them so I will have to check next update. Only so much room on my drive and often have to restart games from the beginning anyway.

Thank you though. :)
If you wanna see it your swagger needs to be 5 or below fyi

Reactions: MrFriendly

Grelk

lol
Donor
Sep 11, 2018
wait mc should be over thirty why do you think of a story with a whinny little bitch ?
please do not be a solo leveling asshole and say things are copy of other without proof or at least a moderatly good reason T_T
i wasnt accusing anyone of anything just that the title reminded me of re:zero and subaru's power

JC07

Jun 14, 2020
harsha_26

Planned content - and current sexual content - is avoidable when playing, depending on the decisions you make in game. I've read enough reviews here to know that making sexy stuff optional makes for a better game than giving people zero agency.

Hope that clarifies!
The world is not entirely lost.

A DEV that understands how things should work and does not force its audience to see undesirable things. I didn't even play anymore, I'm already a fan of DEV just for that answer.

I'll try later, but good luck and success in your work.

ben akeba

May 9, 2018
i wasnt accusing anyone of anything just that the title reminded me of re:zero and subaru's power
ahah sorry you trigered my ptsd from reading comment section for scantrad ^^
but seriously, re:sero don't feel like a reference to me so it may have been this particular choice that trigered me T_T did your mother never told you to not triger the CRAZY Oo ...

mrbigchungus

Mr Brosef Chungus
Game Developer
Nov 1, 2019
Jimbog thanks for trying out the demo!

Regarding the sexy bits, it's been explained with some detail earlier in the thread (and with only 2 pages of messages it's pretty easy to find).

But if that's not clear enough:

ben akeba

With all due respect...take the side topic elsewhere :)

Super depressing to see "New comment," and find out it has zero, fuck all to deal with Magical Restart, you feel me? :)

Much love.

antonio1508

Mar 25, 2020
i rewrite my message because it seem all message before 2 days ago have disappeared , so thanks for the update and congrats, the game look good for a first realease , i keep a eye on the game ,

mrbigchungus

Mr Brosef Chungus
Game Developer
Nov 1, 2019
antonio1508 your messages didn't disappear, they were posted in the development thread (read here on F95).

This is the game release thread :) Different altogether topics, nothing was lost.

Edited to add:

I think you mean you like the Purple fairy, right? There's Blue, Purple, and Green - though Green has had the least screen time of the three by far.

antonio1508

Mar 25, 2020
oh yes sorry i meant purple of course , thanks for the share , and good luck for the next ! and yes it was in development thread xD , i look like dumb lol

mrbigchungus

Mr Brosef Chungus
Game Developer
Nov 1, 2019
Jimbog

My comment above behind the "spoiler," tag details swagger, and how to view it, if that's not clear enough.

Makes me wonder though...should there be an interface icon to view the Character Sheet page?

I wonder if people have a hard time finding it, though it's mentioned at least 3-5 times during the first scene or two so that you know there's something to view. Hm.

turkler

Apr 18, 2019
I can't be the only one that noticed the fact that the developer is called ''Big chungus productions'' right?

1621357858925.png

mrbigchungus

Mr Brosef Chungus
Game Developer
Nov 1, 2019
> Also if you don't have some kind of reward for not using swagger, why have an alternate decision? Without a second path that is worthwhile all you have is a right/wrong game which won't hold interest over the long term.

Clearly, a shit design decision...why have an alternate route?

For people that *don't* want to see the sexy bits.

turkler

Why, does Big chungus mean something other than massive schlong?

NinjaNamedBob

May 3, 2018
The renders look good, but if I'm gonna get isekai'd, I want a little dom with my female npc's. Someone said there's not much, either. Is this basically a VN/dating sim?

mrbigchungus

Mr Brosef Chungus
Game Developer
Nov 1, 2019
There are 400 images, and 30 ish animations; the sex scene has about a half dozen in total with the Blue fairy.

So, it's thirteen thousand words - maybe a couple of short stories in length for word count, and maybe a quarter the size of a short novel.

NinjaNamedBob

May 3, 2018
I'm writing a novel and can crank out about 13k works in a couple of evenings, give or take. 400 images with a rendering program sounds impressive on paper. I'm curious how experienced the dev is with the program they're using. Is this a case of the blue fairy using magic to make herself bigger? Kinda kills the boner if so.

mrbigchungus

Mr Brosef Chungus
Game Developer
Nov 1, 2019
> Is this a case of the blue fairy using magic to make herself bigger?

And, yes, you're going to hate it :) Best to not waste your time then.

In terms of, "How long have I been using daz?" About five years, on and off. Photoshop, on and off for a lot longer, though continual use only the last say six months have I been using both regularly.

>13K words in a few evenings

As a writer with almost ten novels (across various pen names) that's impressive as hell. Though, the amount of editing that gets done for a work to hit the virtual shelf tends to render the first draft time somewhat moot :)

Reactions: Reifon