Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
MtP_SM_Cover1.jpg

Overview:
In-game mod for Maid to Please
Multi-mod adds support for save descriptions, choice guide, custom stat screens, custom scene gallery, custom settings, custom fonts and more.

As always if you like the game please show your support for the Developer whose respective links are found below.

*** The latest SanchoMod Core v7b ***
Another massive overhaul of core mod with 1,000's of cumulative hours in development

Updated: 04/10/2024
Game/Creator: Maid to Please / Tutbork / -
Modder: Sancho1969 F95
Mod Version: v0.14.2
Game Version: v0.14.2
Language: English

Features:
  • Improved aesthetics with animated mod menus/screens, all fully customizable to tailor your personal experience.
  • Too many story branches got you down 'cause you can't remember which of your saves is which? I gotcha covered. Includes the Original SanchoMod save description feature. Often imitated (including the use of my GUI buttons) the SanchoSave is more intelligent and efficient, saving you keystrokes as it autoloads the save slot descriptions and it also allows you to completely escape the process of saving if you wish (I've personally not seen this feature with other imitations). Feature can be toggled on/off anytime as desired.
  • Adds multiple exhaustive stats screens always accessible via the MiniMenu or Options menu. Resizable, toggle-enabled, various formats, and more.
  • Adds in-game walkthrough (ChoiceGuide) noting all variable changes and highlighting important choices. Can be toggled on/off at anytime, play as YOU want to play. You are not forced to view spoilers if you do not wish.
  • Multiple opacity and text sizing options to customize your experience including dialogue boxes, text and fonts, QuickMenu sizing and format versions, and more. All can be toggled on/off as desired, again allowing you even more control to tailor your experience.
  • Adds a custom fully unlocked scene gallery (SanchoGallery) that runs completely independent.
  • Adds professionally coded custom cheats (SanchoCheats) if applicable (varies from port to port).
  • Adds the ability to view multiple scenes (SanchoSplits) if menu choice has a scene/route split (coming soon).
  • Too many new features to list (see FAQ below for even more features implemented in the latest Core) .
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:
SaveFixer:
(Using SanchoModded saves in an unmodded game)
Change-Log:

Current revision: 04/10/2024 12:33 CST
Download: -

SanchoMod GUI/Features
MtP SM B02a1a.jpg MtP SM B02a1b.jpg MtP SM B02a1j.jpg MtP SM B02a1d.jpg MtP SM B02a1e.jpg
MtP SM B02a1f.jpg MtP SM B02a1g.jpg MtP SM B02a1h.jpg MtP SM B02a1i.jpg
SanchoMod dynamic ChoiceGuide
MtP SM B02a3e.jpg MtP SM B02a3b.jpg MtP SM B02a3c.jpg MtP SM B02a3d.jpg MtP SM B02a3a.jpg
SanchoMod Character Renaming (deep-rooted, includes nicknames)
MtP SM B02a2a.jpg MtP SM B02a2b.jpg MtP SM B02a2c.jpg MtP SM B02a2d.jpg MtP SM B02a2e.jpg MtP SM B02a2f.jpg

(Screenshot below explains the SanchoMod interface/features)
OTR D01a.jpg
If you enjoy my mods and guides, please consider smashing the "(y)like" to give me support. You won't see links or advertisements in any of my mods, all I ask is for your gratitude if you enjoy my work. Feel free to follow my profile where I post new mods, updates, and status of works-in-progress. If you find this particular mod beneficial and/or enjoyable, consider leaving a proper review and a "vote" so others might benefit from your personal experience. My personal thanks (as always) to the hardworking devs, compressors, and admins. Kindest regards and be well.

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Reserved for pending FAQ

The main newest feature sets within the mod (for those already accustomed to SanchoMod) are the following:

1. SanchoDiaBox toggle (found in the Options screen). Seamlessly changes from OEM dialogue box to SanchoMod custom. New bonus feature - adjust dialogue font size and dialogue box opacity while in game via [Alt+(ArrowKeys)].
  2. QuickMenu alignment (found in the Options screen). New bonus feature - The alignment changes dynamically depending on whether the OEM or Sancho dialogue box is on screen.
  3. SaveDescription toggle (found in the Options screen)
  4. SanchoAlerts (isolated custom notifications that are completely separated from RenPy's default notifications, toggled on/off along with the normal ChoiceGuide). New bonus feature - now receive alerts of potential scene/path splits as save marker points.
  5. SanchoGallery (improved efficiency and handling of isolated gallery, isolated MC renaming, improved start and ending screen transitions and more). New bonus feature - The "SanchoMod Menu" opacity slider (that normally controls the opacity of the MiniStat screen in-game) now controls the dialogue box opacity while in a scene replay. When back in-game it switches back to it's default of adjusting the MiniStat screen opacity.
  6. SanchoCheats (found via the Options screen). Professionally and properly coded cheats that are rock-solid, including a reset button for stat changes that works intuitively and correctly every time. You asked for it, you got it...cheater. New bonus feature - alt character renaming, deep-rooted.
  7. SanchoHotKeys (in-game only). New Feature! Alt+ArrowKeys for dialogue text size/opacity, Lower-case "g" for ChoiceGuide, Lower-case "m" for MiniStat, Lower-case "q" for QuickMenu, Lower-case "s" for medium SanchoStat, Lower-case "o" for SanchoOptions, Lower-case "c" for SanchoCheats. These work exactly as if you had clicked them in the MiniMenu or SanchoOptions, they just give you another way to do something faster or more conveniently. (Yes, I took the "s" key. Use shift+"s" or alt+"s" for screenshots)
  8. QM HoverMode (found in the Options screen). Additional QuickMenu customization that can also be toggled with the appropriate HotKey "q". Described in detail in a post in the mod's thread here.
  9. HotKey "S" Toggle (found in SanchoCheats) (it looked out of place in SanchoOptions where it really needs to be), works in real-time while in-game with no restart required. Toggle allows the HotKey to set to either the default "S" or the alternative "T". While in the "T" variant the user can take RenPy screenshots with the individual "S" key as well as the other multi-key assignments. This feature toggle is saved on a per-save file basis (it will always default to "S" when starting a new game so will have to be set to "T" each new game if that's the preference of the Player. When loading a save where it was previously set to "T" then it will be loaded as such).
  10. SanchoMod Volume Control (found in Preferences). Controls most of the sounds introduced by the mod separately from the VN's mixer.
  11. SanchoAutoSave (found on Save/Load Page 69). Episode/Chapter specific auto saves in one location, easily accessible by the Page menu.
I'll address each and other VN specific features in detail in this post (which is currently being drafted). I'll update this post periodically with those details and deep-dive into explanations as necessary.

Until then please enjoy and please consider leaving a review, a vote, or both. I'll never ask you for your "donation", I only ask for your appreciation if you enjoy my work. Best regards to you and yours.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Known Issues (issues known but not yet resolved):
  • None.
Resolved Issues (issues fixed and currently pending next mod update pushed to upload):
  • Starting game name input offset is incorrectly place hard left outside of the OEM dialogue box. Issue found and fixed, awaiting next update push. Updated and pushed 07/28/2022
  • Exception error during Day6 breakfast scene. Updated and pushed 04/07/2023

Last edited:

Nicke

Game Developer
Jul 2, 2017
A couple of things I noticed when starting a new game with the mod installed:

When asked to input a name, the text is left-centered outside of the dialogue box.
When saving, it displays a screenshot of the save screen for that save, rather than a screenshot of where you are in the game.

Some other thoughts:
It has two features that's been on my mind.
Save file naming - great!
UI sound effects - I've thought about it. I meant to ask if people think it would be a good addition but haven't gotten around to it.

Also:
Coloring pink/blue for aff/sub choices - I like it.

Reactions: CoffeeSaint

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
A couple of things I noticed when starting a new game with the mod installed:

When asked to input a name, the text is left-centered outside of the dialogue box.
When saving, it displays a screenshot of the save screen for that save, rather than a screenshot of where you are in the game.
Good morning,

I'll certainly check this. The input name was supposed to auto adjust depending on the dialogue box used (original or the mod's) but I may not have verified the integrity of that portion of the function.

The save thumbnail should be correct though, it's the same code I've used in all my mods and been bulletproof for almost two years. I'll check it out.

Note, I place a ton of scene fades/dissolves during appropriate transitions that you may want to consider using/modifying to your own taste/preference. This softens the experience of the end-user when transitioning from the current scene to the next. I generally use fades for scene changes of physical location and dissolves for changes in time only (characters are generally in the same physical location). It's not a hard rule but one I've notice similar in movies and other works that keep scene changes from being so abrupt and "in your face". It just makes for a more polished user experience imho.

I've got my second cup of coffee so let me check this code and I'll push out an update as needed. Feel free to PM me and we can discuss anything you may be curious about in a more private setting if you prefer. It doesn't matter to me either way but some devs feel more comfortable that route... just know you're always welcomed to do so.

Edit: Name input issue resolved. The code was checking for the Sancho dialogue box but not the custom original placement. It now does:
1659017234522.png
I'll wait a bit before pushing this maintenance update in case I find any other issues. FAQ post (post #2 above) updated with "Known Issues" and "Resolved Issues".

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
SanchoMod Update (non-critical)

Changelog:
  • Resolved - Starting game name input offset was incorrectly placed hard left outside of the OEM dialogue box.
Simply re-download the mod and reinstall over existing installation overwriting as requested.

Regards.

Reactions: CoffeeSaint

preskerd

Sep 27, 2017
Sancho1969 the game is updated. Not to rush you or anything but do you still work on the game or dropped it? Asking this because if you still work on it I'll wait for the mod otherwise I will just play without a mod

Reactions: imzahai

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Good morning folks. I see we have a little update on our hands today. I wasn't previously aware so since I just got up this morning give me a chance to make a pot of coffee, return a few calls while I DL and let me see what we've got here. I'll keep y'all posted on progress as I always do. Regards.

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Okay, it's up and running but like I previously state I wasn't aware this update was dropping today and I have a couple appointment commitments I must attend later this morning. When I return I'll port over the dialogue, update the dynamic ChoiceGuide and if done in a reasonable timeframe I'll knock out the SanchoGallery, etc.
1661266064476.png

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I'm rewriting how Day/Time is reported in the stat screens to be more informative (than the prev 1/5, 2/5, etc). It may look funky when you first load an old save but I'll do my best to make it reflect correctly for you in that case as soon as possible. If you play from scratch then it's all seamless regardless. An example of the new version (note the red arrow):
1661275417839.png

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I'm basically done but having to go through the entire update and add scene dissolves/fades like I did with all the previous scenes. This keeps the VN from being so abrupt and makes time passage scenes flow correctly from one to the other. It's really just a production thing but the dev is still not using them yet so I'm doing that portion of the work in the scripts. This ultimately makes for a much improved user experience. I'll keep y'all posted.

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
SanchoMod Update (v0.3.5)

Go get you some.

Links in the OP are updated accordingly.

Latest features:
  • Rename (character) - functional across the board meaning the character name is reflected in: all other character's dialogue referencing her, her stats, her cheat buttons, fucking all of it. Based on the soon-to-be-infamouse "Tee-Hee" button found in my UoP mod but now it's on steroids. Thread post of the feature with examples can be found here.
  • Hotkey dialogue box adjustments - Alt+Arrow keys adjust the dialogue box opacity and dialogue font size. This is exactly the same effect you've used inside the SanchoOptions screen but allows you to perform the same thing via the keyboard without having to access the options menu.
  • Menu Choice fade in / fade out
  • Countless GUI and coding tweaks
  • Whatever else I'm forgetting.
If you enjoy my work once you've had time to check it out, consider leaving a vote and/or review so others might benefit from your experience. Positive or negative, all civil forms of rational criticism are welcomed and appreciated. Your feedback matters. Regards.

JenMistress

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2019
SanchoMod Update (v0.3.5)

Go get you some.

Latest features:
  • Rename (character) - functional across the board meaning the character name is reflected in: all other character's dialogue referencing her, her stats, her cheat buttons, fucking all of it. Based on the soon-to-be-infamouse "Tee-Hee" button found in my UoP mod but now it's on steroids. Thread post of the feature with examples can be found here.
  • Hotkey dialogue box adjustments - Alt+Arrow keys adjust the dialogue box opacity and dialogue font size. This is exactly the same effect you've used inside the SanchoOptions screen but allows you to perform the same thing via the keyboard without having to access the options menu.
  • Menu Choice fade in / fade out
  • Countless GUI and coding tweaks
  • Whatever else I'm forgetting.
If you enjoy my work once you've had time to check it out, consider leaving a vote and/or review so others might benefit from your experience. Positive or negative, all civil forms of rational criticism are welcomed and appreciated. Your feedback matters. Regards.
Awesomeness, not sure if I will get to it before it updates again, but game is now on my list, and seems to work just fine. Thank you so very much for doing this!!!

Reactions: Sancho1969

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
bump - new update is out: v 0.4.2
Indeed. I'm looking at the compressed to see if it will be compatible. I've many updates that dropped this morning and others coming within hours: UoP, LoF, MtP, Rockin Robin, etc. Gonna be another weekend I don't get off but it is what it is. Nicke (the dev) communicated with me this morning and gave me a bit of a heads-up too.

Reactions: perseus420

Hyperserver

often the biggest step forward is to "step back"
Donor
Jun 30, 2018
Indeed. I'm looking at the compressed to see if it will be compatible. I've many updates that dropped this morning and others coming within hours: UoP, LoF, MtP, Rockin Robin, etc. Gonna be another weekend I don't get off but it is what it is. Nicke (the dev) communicated with me this morning and gave me a bit of a heads-up too.
nvm - i tried it - not really worth a mod update - there's just one choice and it's even obvious

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
SanchoMod Update (v0.4.2)

Go get you some.

jasad

Dec 14, 2021
View attachment 1950036

Overview:
In-game mod for Maid to Please
Multi-mod adds support for save descriptions, choice guide, custom stat screens, custom scene gallery, custom settings, custom fonts and more.

As always if you like the game please show your support for the Developer whose respective links are found below.

*** The latest SanchoMod Core v6a ***
Another massive overhaul of core mod with 1,000's of cumulative hours in development

Updated: 09/23/2022
Game/Creator: Maid to Please / Tutbork
Modder: Sancho1969 F95
Mod Version: v0.4.2
Game Version: v0.4.2
Language: English

Features:
  • Improved aesthetics with animated mod menus/screens, all fully customizable to tailor your personal experience.
  • Too many story branches got you down 'cause you can't remember which of your saves is which? I gotcha covered. Includes the Original SanchoMod save description feature. Often imitated (including the use of my GUI buttons) the SanchoSave is more intelligent and efficient, saving you keystrokes as it autoloads the save slot descriptions and it also allows you to completely escape the process of saving if you wish (I've personally not seen this feature with other imitations). Feature can be toggled on/off anytime as desired.
  • Adds multiple exhaustive stats screens always accessible via the MiniMenu or Options menu. Resizable, toggle-enabled, various formats, and more.
  • Adds in-game walkthrough (ChoiceGuide) noting all variable changes and highlighting important choices. Can be toggled on/off at anytime, play as YOU want to play. You are not forced to view spoilers if you do not wish.
  • Multiple opacity and text sizing options to customize your experience including dialogue boxes, text and fonts, QuickMenu sizing and format versions, and more. All can be toggled on/off as desired, again allowing you even more control to tailor your experience.
  • Adds a custom fully unlocked scene gallery (SanchoGallery) that runs completely independent (coming soon).
  • Adds professionally coded custom cheats (SanchoCheats) if applicable (varies from port to port).
  • Adds the ability to view multiple scenes (SanchoSplits) if menu choice has a scene/route split (coming soon).
  • Too many new features to list.

Installation:
SaveFixer:
(Using SanchoModded saves in an unmodded game)
Change-Log:

Current revision: 09/23/2022 14:02 CST
Download: -

SanchoMod GUI/Features
View attachment 1950073 View attachment 1950074 View attachment 1950075 View attachment 1950076 View attachment 1950095 View attachment 1950096 View attachment 1950097 View attachment 1950099
SanchoMod dynamic ChoiceGuide
View attachment 1950141 View attachment 1950138 View attachment 1950139 View attachment 1950140 View attachment 1950136
SanchoMod Character Renaming (deep-rooted, includes nicknames)
View attachment 1950111 View attachment 1950112 View attachment 1950113 View attachment 1950114 View attachment 1950115 View attachment 1950116

(Screenshot below explains the SanchoMod interface/features)
View attachment 1950056
If you enjoy my mods and guides, please consider smashing the "(y)like" to give me support. You won't see links or advertisements in any of my mods, all I ask is for your gratitude if you enjoy my work. Feel free to follow my profile where I post new mods, updates, and status of works-in-progress. If you find this particular mod beneficial and/or enjoyable, consider leaving a proper review and a "vote" so others might benefit from your personal experience. My personal thanks (as always) to the hardworking devs, compressors, and admins. Kindest regards and be well.
thank you for the mod update~ :LOL:

5.00 star(s) 4 Votes