hachezadam

Jun 28, 2017
The final outcome doesn't really change, no. You always get Alice.

There are three "stages" of success, though. If you choose basically all of the worst choices, you can't explore his Estate. If you negotiate well enough, he gives you extra gear.

As far as the "best" choices go, there's a bit of wiggle room to get to that extra gear, so there's no one set of the best choices. Some choices also reward more rep with him but reduce affection with your Maids, or give you a bunch of affection but not a lot of reputation. There's not a single correct answer, and what is best is subjective.
Ok, but what are the answers for each three stages? what are ALL the worst choices? i cant really appreciate different dialogues during the breakfast talk. So i dont know when the results of choices take effect: during the talk? inmediately at the end of it? after tea negotiation in the next step?

hreserves

The Mithril Hourglass
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
Ok, but what are the answers for each three stages? what are ALL the worst choices? i cant really appreciate different dialogues during the breakfast talk. So i dont know when the results of choices take effect: during the talk? inmediately at the end of it? after tea negotiation in the next step?
I don't have all the choices and what they do gathered together, so I can't say exactly which choices do what. That section of the game will be getting reworked reasonably soon, though, so if there are any parts that seem off to you, or you don't feel like you made any mistakes but still got kicked out, feel free to outline what you did and I can make adjustments once I get to reworking it. The more specific you can be, the better.

For the logic behind it; you're asking Lothario for help, but you're asking him for a lot and you know he might not really be able to afford it. You'd probably want to make him feel good about helping you. You could try to force him to help, or guilt trip him into it, but those tactics probably won't get you very far. Probably.

For the mechanics, it's basically the same as later segments. There's a hidden variable that goes up and down depending on which choices are made. If it's above or below a certain amount, that's the outcome you get. Which "ending" you get is determined by your "score" after all the choices have been made.

Deleted member 2553135

Jul 3, 2020
Thanks for the update:
  1. When I try to go back to the boathouse, I get teleported back to the center of the estate.
  2. To get the Adhauga accord, you had to destroy the headstone at that abandoned estate, correct? I did not destroy it, so hopefully that does not matter too much.
  3. In the changelog, it said you added new events to Griselda's estate and the swamps. Are these event important at all as I could not find any?
Thanks

hreserves

The Mithril Hourglass
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
Thanks for the update:
  1. When I try to go back to the boathouse, I get teleported back to the center of the estate.
  2. To get the Adhauga accord, you had to destroy the headstone at that abandoned estate, correct? I did not destroy it, so hopefully that does not matter too much.
  3. In the changelog, it said you added new events to Griselda's estate and the swamps. Are these event important at all as I could not find any?
Thanks
I found a transfer meant to go from Griselda's mansion courtyard to the docks that sent the player to the central courtyard instead, but all the actual boathouse transfers seem okay. Did you mean the gate leading in, or is there something else you found that needs fixing?

Yes, currently the only way of obtaining the Adhauga Accord is destroying the Nithercott headstone. Whether you destroy it, repair it, or leave it alone will affect part of a future update, and there will be more ways of obtaining the Accord either in or following that update.

Sorry if that caused any confusion, I tend to use "event" to mean both "interactive event" where there's something to do or something happens with the story or characters, and also "game event" which is RPGM jargon for "a thing that does a thing" - NPCs, object interactions, treasure chests, enemies, doors, etc.
That line in the changelog is mostly referring to the latter. They're not important, just filling space to try to make things less empty. Chances are the only one people will care about is the new repeatable event in the storage room in the middle of the catacombs.

Deleted member 2553135

Jul 3, 2020
I found a transfer meant to go from Griselda's mansion courtyard to the docks that sent the player to the central courtyard instead, but all the actual boathouse transfers seem okay. Did you mean the gate leading in, or is there something else you found that needs fixing?

Yes, currently the only way of obtaining the Adhauga Accord is destroying the Nithercott headstone. Whether you destroy it, repair it, or leave it alone will affect part of a future update, and there will be more ways of obtaining the Accord either in or following that update.

Sorry if that caused any confusion, I tend to use "event" to mean both "interactive event" where there's something to do or something happens with the story or characters, and also "game event" which is RPGM jargon for "a thing that does a thing" - NPCs, object interactions, treasure chests, enemies, doors, etc.
That line in the changelog is mostly referring to the latter. They're not important, just filling space to try to make things less empty. Chances are the only one people will care about is the new repeatable event in the storage room in the middle of the catacombs.
Yes, that is the transfer I meant. The gate that was suppose to go to the docks teleported me to the central courtyard.

Thanks for the info.

When I think event, I think more of a cutscene (probably due to other games on this site), but I figured that is what you meant but wanted to make sure. Thanks.

hreserves

The Mithril Hourglass
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
Yes, that is the transfer I meant. The gate that was suppose to go to the docks teleported me to the central courtyard.

Thanks for the info.

When I think event, I think more of a cutscene (probably due to other games on this site), but I figured that is what you meant but wanted to make sure. Thanks.
Cool. Fixed for v0.6.2, then. Thanks!

I don't blame you. Making games and playing games puts your head in very different spaces. And you're welcome!

Jul 26, 2019
how do you fix Failed to Initialize DirectX Audio? I don't know how this started all of the sudden I can't play this type of RPGM, though I can play others like Renryuu.

hreserves

The Mithril Hourglass
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
Damn its a rpgm
I know right? Who even does that? (Maybe try the game anyway, I won't tell anyone)

how do you fix Failed to Initialize DirectX Audio? I don't know how this started all of the sudden I can't play this type of RPGM, though I can play others like Renryuu.
That's a new one. Doing some quick research, the most likely issue is that either your drivers are out of date or you have multiple driver instances and an old/corrupted one is loading instead of the correct one. If it's not a software issue, there's a chance it could be a hardware issue, I also found a few instances of people getting that error because their speakers weren't plugged in.

Where is the key?
Assuming you mean Trophy 6, . If you don't want to deal with the current iteration of the scavenger hunt, that section of the game is currently being reworked, and it should be much easier (mostly by virtue of smaller maps, but some hints were also improved and there are more of them) in v0.6.2. It's also completely optional, so you can ignore it and come back later when you have more Maids - they all give hints as well.

If you want to put more work into being lazy than into the game, I think someone called out the specific location of it somewhere in the thread.

Android version?
There isn't an official one, and I can't make one because VX Ace doesn't support it. An emulator like JoiPlay might work, but I haven't tested that myself.

can't find the snake the girl and the bucket
Assuming you're talking about the side quests at the very start of the game, I suggest exploring. Nothing you mention is difficult to find if you go looking, though the girl can be a bit harder to reach.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

hreserves

The Mithril Hourglass
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
how to pick more scrap wood?
It depends on how far into the game you are. If you're still recruiting Phoebe, it's the logs lying on the ground in the wilds, and there's more on the north road. If you're repairing your floors, there's some in every room at your Estate. If you're on the second phase of those repairs, there are trees to chop down in the Deep Wilds. After that, there's pockets of it in lots of different places.

Bloodthorn47

Nov 25, 2019
Did I miss something? I've just slept with Melissa and killed all the rats, now I have to leave the house to go to another guys estate but when I try to leave it says I need to talk to Ella and when I do nothing happens.

hreserves

The Mithril Hourglass
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
Did I miss something? I've just slept with Melissa and killed all the rats, now I have to leave the house to go to another guys estate but when I try to leave it says I need to talk to Ella and when I do nothing happens.
It doesn't sound like you're missing anything. The only reason you should be getting the message I think you're getting is if you're at that part of the story, and it sounds like you're past that. Others have had a similar issue, but for them, the bug was caused by them using another program to alter the game somehow (like adding more Scrap Wood to your inventory causing some progression checks to not correctly trigger). If that's the case, there's not a lot I can do short of manually fixing your save.

If that's not the case, I could use more information. Are all three Maids in your party when you open the menu? Did you skip the first part of floor repairs, or do them manually? If you talk to Melissa, is Extermination still an option?

wiseold6996

Sep 22, 2020
It depends on how far into the game you are. If you're still recruiting Phoebe, it's the logs lying on the ground in the wilds, and there's more on the north road. If you're repairing your floors, there's some in every room at your Estate. If you're on the second phase of those repairs, there are trees to chop down in the Deep Wilds. After that, there's pockets of it in lots of different places.
No I have still scrap woods left in the mansion but ella is not letting me pick it up

hreserves

The Mithril Hourglass
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
No I have still scrap woods left in the mansion but ella is not letting me pick it up
It's possible you've got 99 in your inventory. Picking up more at that point would just "delete" the item. That messaging is in place to prevent soft-locking progression by not having enough wood to finish the first part of repairs (you'd be forced to skip what's left by talking to Ella).

If you do have 99, use some of it by filling in some of the holes and you'll be able to pick more up again.
If you don't, I could use more details, because there's nothing else that should be stopping you from picking it up and I have no idea what might've gone wrong.

Bloodthorn47

Nov 25, 2019
It doesn't sound like you're missing anything. The only reason you should be getting the message I think you're getting is if you're at that part of the story, and it sounds like you're past that. Others have had a similar issue, but for them, the bug was caused by them using another program to alter the game somehow (like adding more Scrap Wood to your inventory causing some progression checks to not correctly trigger). If that's the case, there's not a lot I can do short of manually fixing your save.

If that's not the case, I could use more information. Are all three Maids in your party when you open the menu? Did you skip the first part of floor repairs, or do them manually? If you talk to Melissa, is Extermination still an option?
Ok I did cheat and give myself more scrap wood, I saved shortly before that so no worries. Thank you

3.80 star(s) 12 Votes