hreserves

The Mithril Hourglass
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
Thanks, yeah my main quest step is to clear the two locations at the swamp and the one guy told me to get trust to get past him, i already made some tasks like give the teddybear to the girl, bring water and also gave away some of antidote but i did not check the trust guy anymore, seems like i should check him next time.
You're welcome!
Yeah, sounds to me like you should be able to get past him. There just isn't a notification for it.

Yep sure enough I went back through and somehow I double counted one.
It happens. Those chickens are sneaky.

is there away to change the MC's name? When i clicked I'm an adult at the beginning, all i got was a readme page. I didn't have an option to change the name of the MC like most games.
Nope. His name is what it is for story reasons (not just because it's a dumb joke that I won't let die, even if it definitely is a dumb joke that I won't let die).

OK, I just started to play and must ask. What language is this and is there away to change to English?
It's Uncommon, a constructed language I made based on a combination of Latin, Galician, and Irish, and no, at least not right now.
I've debated making a trophy that'll eventually unlock translations for it, but I'm not sure it'd be worth the amount of work it'd take to hunt it all down and put in all the conditional branches. Regardless, that potential trophy hasn't been implemented yet.

Woodstock_1983

Sep 16, 2020
It's Uncommon, a constructed language I made based on a combination of Latin, Galician, and Irish, and no, at least not right now.
I've debated making a trophy that'll eventually unlock translations for it, but I'm not sure it'd be worth the amount of work it'd take to hunt it all down and put in all the conditional branches. Regardless, that potential trophy hasn't been implemented yet.
just that right there turned me away. Also, I wish that the HP and MP regenerates on it's own after each battle.

Archer90

Aug 8, 2017
Part of me really wants that, but as a sort of "I'm done with the game, but still wanna add stuff" update. Plus you can already technically translate some of it. You learn some of the basic structure and I really enjoy learning it that way. It's how I learned a little Chamorro, by speaking to a friend, and that's how the convo with Teely felt.

hreserves

The Mithril Hourglass
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
Part of me really wants that, but as a sort of "I'm done with the game, but still wanna add stuff" update. Plus you can already technically translate some of it. You learn some of the basic structure and I really enjoy learning it that way. It's how I learned a little Chamorro, by speaking to a friend, and that's how the convo with Teely felt.
That's pretty much where I am with it. And there are definitely other things I want to add for post-game content once the story is done, and I'm sure there'll be bugs to fix that will require a couple extra updates anyway.

It's also meant to be fairly easy to learn once you start picking up on it in that it's syllabic (meaning complex ideas are represented by a combination of words for simple ideas rather than having their own word).
Like that conversation with Teely kinda goes over, "auga" always refers to water. Even if "auga" and "Auga" technically have a different meaning, it still refers to water in some capacity. The same applies to every other syllable, so once you start figuring things out, it shouldn't be too difficult to get at least pretty close to what they're trying to say.

And even if you don't want to bother trying, almost nothing is said in Uncommon that's truly important. The few things that are usually get repeated anyway.

Reactions: Archer90

batman9169

Jan 24, 2022
ok so im stuck. i accidentally told ella to finish the repairs, talked to phoebe and i went to deep woods and cut down trees til i have 99 scrap wood. ella isnt doing repairs, just tells me to talk to phoebe but that does nothing. been stuck wandering around for hours and i dont have a previous save set up.

hreserves

The Mithril Hourglass
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
ok so im stuck. i accidentally told ella to finish the repairs, talked to phoebe and i went to deep woods and cut down trees til i have 99 scrap wood. ella isnt doing repairs, just tells me to talk to phoebe but that does nothing. been stuck wandering around for hours and i dont have a previous save set up.
I just got done testing everything following your steps, and didn't find any bugs.
The next step to take if you selected the "skip" option is to collect at least 50 Scrap Wood (which it sounds like you've done) then go to Phoebe in the study and select the Chat option.

If the Chat option isn't sending you to Melissa's room for a nap and you definitely have more than 50 Scrap Wood, feel free to send me your save (make sure you include both the numbered save file and the "global.rmmzsave" file; I need both or I can't load the save) and I can take a closer look to see if I can find exactly what's going on.

3.80 star(s) 12 Votes