AinzOoalGown1

May 13, 2020
North of the Gate in the West Mountains. That part of the game hasn't been implemented yet.
Depending on how long development takes, it'll be coming in either v0.16 or v0.17.

Unfortunately, I can't. The Task List functions according to a plugin, and I'm not fluent enough in Javascript to modify it to add something like that. Even if I cobbled together a workaround, I'm not sure the plugin would let me pull the information necessary to determine which task is being tracked and what step is next so I can properly return the correct information to then display that step.
The next best thing that I know how to do and wouldn't take weeks to months of development to implement would be to give it it's own menu page so you can see the tracked Task right away on opening that menu page, which is what's already in the game.
damn it, was so excited for it.. thx for reply mate 1695455771712.png

Aug 13, 2018
I'm a decent few hours in, and critical hits seem to be excessively harsh on the player? Watching a boss crit one of my maids from full health to dead is getting a bit tiresome. I'm above the recommended level for the quests I'm doing here, and I'm keeping the buffs running as much as I possible can.

hreserves

The Mithril Hourglass
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
damn it, was so excited for it.. thx for reply mate
You're welcome!
For what it's worth, v0.16 is currently in development. I'm just as excited to get it made.

I'm a decent few hours in, and critical hits seem to be excessively harsh on the player? Watching a boss crit one of my maids from full health to dead is getting a bit tiresome. I'm above the recommended level for the quests I'm doing here, and I'm keeping the buffs running as much as I possible can.
With very few exceptions, there's not a lot I can do about that, honestly. The way it's set up is numerically favored toward the player, though, even if it doesn't feel like it when one of your Maids gets smoked.
The value for critical hits is set to triple whatever the base damage is, and while I can change that multiplier, it would change game-wide, not just for enemies, so player crits would be weaker, too. That feels like a pretty bad idea, especially when some Maid abilities guarantee crits.
The vast majority of enemies also have a 0% bonus to crit (and a slight deficit to hit, usually defaulting around 95%, but some are lower) while most party members have a 1-5% evade rate as well as a 3-5% bonus to critical chance (with a few exceptions being higher; Ella has an 18% bonus to her crit rate, for example).
The exceptions among enemies to that are either weak and meant to be annoying more than challenging (like rats and bats, which have a higher evade rate) or enemies that are typically optional boss/challenge fight type things (like Hold guards).

I'd like to offer some hint or strategy to lessen how bad it feels to have an enemy get a lucky crit on you (keeping buffs and debuffs up is definitely a good option; there's also hard crowd control like sleep/stun, but some enemies like Hold guards are immune to that), but sometimes that's all it is and the enemy got lucky.

TMoney2017

Aug 6, 2017
hreserves two questions... the slave you freed from griselda... do you see her again and have sexy time or is she just gone?? and... after taking the Ventire to the next location you can have sex with the "leader" ... when asking for services she mentions being pregnant... is that implimented ... or is it just deirlinn for now?? please and thank you

hreserves

The Mithril Hourglass
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
hreserves two questions... the slave you freed from griselda... do you see her again and have sexy time or is she just gone?? and... after taking the Ventire to the next location you can have sex with the "leader" ... when asking for services she mentions being pregnant... is that implimented ... or is it just deirlinn for now?? please and thank you
You do see her again, though there aren't any scenes with her.

Vendra had a bunch of bugs where her eventing referenced the wrong variables. I thought I had her fixed in v0.15.1, but there are additional bugs, so her eventing doesn't work correctly until v0.15.2.
Though yes, she is meant to be one of the mothers you can get pregnant. It's fully implemented, just bugged.

Reactions: TMoney2017

TMoney2017

Aug 6, 2017
hreserves Can you explain the pregnancy progression? Deirlinn .... i got her pregnant before the first freeze... i would assume that freeze to freeze is a year apart like IRL... i am fixing to enter the second freeze she is still pregnant.....why?

hreserves

The Mithril Hourglass
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
hreserves Can you explain the pregnancy progression? Deirlinn .... i got her pregnant before the first freeze... i would assume that freeze to freeze is a year apart like IRL... i am fixing to enter the second freeze she is still pregnant.....why?
The short answer is that it takes 18 game phases.

To explain the long answer, the game phase increases based on story progression. The progression of time is kinda fuzzy in that it doesn't really follow a hard "this much game progress is exactly this much time." Each in-game supply cycle is meant to be approximately two weeks (and each game phase is a new supply cycle, but that time comparison definitely isn't accurate in the first half of Act 2), and the in-game world definitely doesn't follow the same 12-month year that exists in real life (which is more accident than deliberate; I wanted things like the Haunt and the Freeze to land during October/Halloween and December/Christmas).

For a birth event to happen, you need to be in the final version of your Estate (which, if memory serves, is game phase 12 or 13). The second Freeze I think starts on Game Phase 19, so for Deirlinn in particular, there's a small window where it's possible for her to give birth before the second Freeze, but if you miss that window and still got Deirlinn pregnant early enough, she'll give birth immediately after the second Freeze.

Aug 13, 2018
I can't figure out for the life of me what the extra objective is for Emily's 1st Freeze quest. I've completed every other quest and talked to everyone with her following, and it still won't complete. Does anyone know what the requirement is?

Aug 13, 2018
I can't figure out for the life of me what the extra objective is for Emily's 1st Freeze quest. I've completed every other quest and talked to everyone with her following, and it still won't complete. Does anyone know what the requirement is?
OK, so I just finished the Freeze section and got Trophy 13 anyway? I'm not sure if Emily's quest simply doesn't have an extra objective, or if the extra objective is bugged and doesn't show

TMoney2017

Aug 6, 2017
@hreserve
The short answer is that it takes 18 game phases.

To explain the long answer, the game phase increases based on story progression. The progression of time is kinda fuzzy in that it doesn't really follow a hard "this much game progress is exactly this much time." Each in-game supply cycle is meant to be approximately two weeks (and each game phase is a new supply cycle, but that time comparison definitely isn't accurate in the first half of Act 2), and the in-game world definitely doesn't follow the same 12-month year that exists in real life (which is more accident than deliberate; I wanted things like the Haunt and the Freeze to land during October/Halloween and December/Christmas).

For a birth event to happen, you need to be in the final version of your Estate (which, if memory serves, is game phase 12 or 13). The second Freeze I think starts on Game Phase 19, so for Deirlinn in particular, there's a small window where it's possible for her to give birth before the second Freeze, but if you miss that window and still got Deirlinn pregnant early enough, she'll give birth immediately after the second Freeze.
does that just happen... or do i have to go to cumhaill to trigger that ...before the second freeze i would visit cumhaill after every main quest was completed and spoke with her.. but by story line... which i am now introducing my self to other masters after the second freeze... when you speak to the duke at the wall and she is talking about what u did to Archie... she makes reference that that happened 2 years ago (which lines up with there being a 12 month cycle between freezes because you did that to archie in the very beginning)
.... maybe something is not triggering right .... oh and now cumhaill is doing their grow festival and she is still pregnant ...im in game phase 24

Last edited:

hreserves

The Mithril Hourglass
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
It's in Cumhaill. She should tell you what to look for when you take her there.

OK, so I just finished the Freeze section and got Trophy 13 anyway? I'm not sure if Emily's quest simply doesn't have an extra objective, or if the extra objective is bugged and doesn't show
It's set up so you get it if you complete all the non-optional Maids' extra objectives, so if you get Quinn and/or Teely and complete one or both of them, it's possible to miss one or two others and still get the trophy.
The second Freeze is set up the same way so there's a little leeway in it to still get the trophy if you miss one or two but have the optional Maids.

does that just happen... or do i have to go to cumhaill to trigger that ...before the second freeze i would visit cumhaill after every main quest was completed and spoke with her.. but by story line... which i am now introducing my self to other masters... when you speak to the duke at the wall and she is talking about what u did to Archie... she makes reference that that happened 2 years ago.... maybe something is not triggering right
It just happens when you're in your Estate yard, provided the variables line up right.
When birth events happen depends entirely on when you got the relevant mother pregnant. For example, if you didn't get her pregnant until after completing Lothario's segment (which I believe is game phase 4) Deirlinn won't give birth until even later (in this case, game phase 22, which is either after talking to Evdokia or after completing the first Act 2 segment).
If you have the Clown Nose from Arrival, there's an instance of Punchinella in Cumhaill that'll tell you the game phase Deirlinn should give birth in.

TMoney2017

Aug 6, 2017
This game really needs a Dev Authored walkthrough... you can miss so much because there are so many little things(trophies etc) that you can miss if you do not do things a certain way or really going out of your way to find randomly.... which no one has a clue about.... its a good game and i like it.... but there needs to be an official DEV written walkthrough ... case in point.... trophy 3 ... who would think about needing to go check the little patch of mushrooms behind phoebes old house? given that fact i am sure there is a lot more that has been missed because of not having one

TMoney2017

Aug 6, 2017
It's in Cumhaill. She should tell you what to look for when you take her there.

It's set up so you get it if you complete all the non-optional Maids' extra objectives, so if you get Quinn and/or Teely and complete one or both of them, it's possible to miss one or two others and still get the trophy.
The second Freeze is set up the same way so there's a little leeway in it to still get the trophy if you miss one or two but have the optional Maids.

It just happens when you're in your Estate yard, provided the variables line up right.
When birth events happen depends entirely on when you got the relevant mother pregnant. For example, if you didn't get her pregnant until after completing Lothario's segment (which I believe is game phase 4) Deirlinn won't give birth until even later (in this case, game phase 22, which is either after talking to Evdokia or after completing the first Act 2 segment).
If you have the Clown Nose from Arrival, there's an instance of Punchinella in Cumhaill that'll tell you the game phase Deirlinn should give birth in.
Im in phase 24... its says she will give birth in 25.... you keep mentioning phases and variables... i do not understand what variables were not met to make it happen sooner... this makes zero sense to me considering i was following the quest line as it became available

hreserves

The Mithril Hourglass
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
Im in phase 24... its says she will give birth in 25.... you keep mentioning phases and variables... i do not understand what variables were not met to make it happen sooner... this makes zero sense to me considering i was following the quest line as it became available
It isn't guaranteed that she gets pregnant, there's a % chance every time you repeat her scene (same for all the mothers except one). If it didn't happen the first time and you went back to try again every time you completed a story quest, that means it didn't take until one of your later attempts.

"Variable" just refers to a stored number that the game remembers until something else in the game tells it to change. "Game phase" is one of those variables; I use it to track overall story progress and so the game knows when to do things like make items available to pick up in Emily's shop (or, in this case, when a potential mother should give birth).

TMoney2017

Aug 6, 2017
It isn't guaranteed that she gets pregnant, there's a % chance every time you repeat her scene (same for all the mothers except one). If it didn't happen the first time and you went back to try again every time you completed a story quest, that means it didn't take until one of your later attempts.

"Variable" just refers to a stored number that the game remembers until something else in the game tells it to change. "Game phase" is one of those variables; I use it to track overall story progress and so the game knows when to do things like make items available to pick up in Emily's shop (or, in this case, when a potential mother should give birth).
i fucked her twice... the next morning after melissa had me first... is waiting til phase 25 normal in that situation??

uncejay

May 19, 2017
I'm sure this is a stupid question, but I'm trying to complete O Master side quest for Bianca. It says to try the shackles (again). I assume that's in the room where she captured you, but when I interact with everything in the room, nothing triggers. I have completed the other two locations (hedge maze and facade). I also tried to interact with everything in the room nextdoor where Bianca is and still nothing. What am I missing? Thanks

TMoney2017

Aug 6, 2017
I'm sure this is a stupid question, but I'm trying to complete O Master side quest for Bianca. It says to try the shackles (again). I assume that's in the room where she captured you, but when I interact with everything in the room, nothing triggers. I have completed the other two locations (hedge maze and facade). I also tried to interact with everything in the room nextdoor where Bianca is and still nothing. What am I missing? Thanks
talk to her in your room...

uncejay

May 19, 2017
Yeah that hasn't helped yet. Everytime I go back to her she says the same thing. So I must be soft-locked or something. I completed the main quest at that estate, and tried going back (as the dev says you can do), but still nothing.

hreserves

The Mithril Hourglass
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
i fucked her twice... the next morning after melissa had me first... is waiting til phase 25 normal in that situation??
I've tested and checked all her eventing twice now and haven't found any bugs. There's not much else I can tell you.

The scene technically takes place in that room, but it isn't repeated from there.
You can repeat that scene using the Service option when talking to Bianca in the guest house you were staying in.
I just checked the eventing there as well to be on the safe side, and everything needed to continue is still there after completing that segment, so you shouldn't be having any issues if you're returning to the area later in the story.

Reactions: uncejay

TMoney2017

Aug 6, 2017
Yeah that hasn't helped yet. Everytime I go back to her she says the same thing. So I must be soft-locked or something. I completed the main quest at that estate, and tried going back (as the dev says you can do), but still nothing.
talk to her in your room...ie the guest house

3.80 star(s) 12 Votes