hreserves

The Mithril Hourglass
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
I made some time for it. And, good shit. I did like the fireside chats.
I figured you would. Plenty more coming.
If I can convince myself to take the time to write it instead of developing something else before I hit post-game updates after the story is over, I plan on adding a couple of different variants to randomly happen after the first time instead of the first time being different and it always being the same after the second time for each character. No idea when I'm going to manage that, though.

For the dance steps thing, the wording tripped me up at the end more than it being a super hard puzzle... Like, I figured it was like a dance and followed the steps but... my mind just couldn't register 'step on tile X ' twice... Ugh.
Also, going out of your way to make counterintuitive puzzles is fine sparingly, but damn if it ain't annoying... I do like the 'aha!' moment they can give you when you do finally figure them out, but they aren't as satisfyingly addictive as other kinda moments. That's just me though.
Right. And I'm not saying you're dumb for not figuring it out despite the solution being simple, I'm saying puzzle design is difficult because it's functionally impossible to guess the instructions are going to be a sticking point. Even knowing that it's a sticking point for a number of people, I have no idea how to adjust the puzzle to get that to be less of an issue aside from updating the wording (which was already done once, meaning doing it again likely isn't going to help).
Kinda like I know it rides a pretty fine line between "Aha!" and "fucking finally" when you run into... any puzzle, really. Even if you get it right away, if the solution is 15 steps, it's going to feel boring and tedious. If it's crazy difficult, you're almost always going to get some level of satisfaction from solving it, but then it becomes a sort of race to see if I can design it in a way that makes you feel smarter more than you feel frustrated for having to deal with it. Some frustration is largely unavoidable, because not everyone is the sort of person that can sit through something like The Talos Principle and have fun the entire time.
Which is why the mind maze in particular is a one-off. Not that there'll never be any more difficult puzzles, but nothing else will be deliberately counterintuitive and mandatory to get through the story like that.

Crevanille

Oct 27, 2021
I figured you would. Plenty more coming.
If I can convince myself to take the time to write it instead of developing something else before I hit post-game updates after the story is over, I plan on adding a couple of different variants to randomly happen after the first time instead of the first time being different and it always being the same after the second time for each character. No idea when I'm going to manage that, though.

Right. And I'm not saying you're dumb for not figuring it out despite the solution being simple, I'm saying puzzle design is difficult because it's functionally impossible to guess the instructions are going to be a sticking point. Even knowing that it's a sticking point for a number of people, I have no idea how to adjust the puzzle to get that to be less of an issue aside from updating the wording (which was already done once, meaning doing it again likely isn't going to help).
Kinda like I know it rides a pretty fine line between "Aha!" and "fucking finally" when you run into... any puzzle, really. Even if you get it right away, if the solution is 15 steps, it's going to feel boring and tedious. If it's crazy difficult, you're almost always going to get some level of satisfaction from solving it, but then it becomes a sort of race to see if I can design it in a way that makes you feel smarter more than you feel frustrated for having to deal with it. Some frustration is largely unavoidable, because not everyone is the sort of person that can sit through something like The Talos Principle and have fun the entire time.
Which is why the mind maze in particular is a one-off. Not that there'll never be any more difficult puzzles, but nothing else will be deliberately counterintuitive and mandatory to get through the story like that.
So, an interesting point that came up in...er, this is Act 2, right? Western Commorance? Anyway, I was wondering now that it came up... So, if Masters can have unique Theurgy of their own, as in literal Master class Theurgy like what that futa duke has.... Do we have one too? I mean, I remember a few comments about some oddities about us being able to do things that are just... not normal for Masters, like with Willow and Bianca, or the fact that we can control more Servants per engagement than is typically the norm. I'm not really sure if the second one is really a unique skill thing or just us having uber chad energy but the first definitely piqued my interest.
Now, it might be bc we supposedly come from an old ass family but... yeah.
Well, this is me less asking and more just thinking out loud.

Kenad_Cened

Sep 30, 2017
I'm still on 0.13 so that why ! i'll keep you posted about 0.14 if i still have troubles with it

Happy to help, i'll do a little walk in old places, see if i find others

Well i still got a problem with it even in V0.14

the boulder in the cave i can place to fill 1/2 of the gap, but the surface one disappeared after i pushed it

Went topside
Pushed to boulder in the big 2x2 hole
black screen "the boulder fell" message
jumped down after the boulder, it was nowhere to be seen

Maybe there's a variable that's bugged since in my save i already loaded the area/moved around while in 0.13

hreserves

The Mithril Hourglass
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
So, an interesting point that came up in...er, this is Act 2, right? Western Commorance? Anyway, I was wondering now that it came up... So, if Masters can have unique Theurgy of their own, as in literal Master class Theurgy like what that futa duke has.... Do we have one too? I mean, I remember a few comments about some oddities about us being able to do things that are just... not normal for Masters, like with Willow and Bianca, or the fact that we can control more Servants per engagement than is typically the norm. I'm not really sure if the second one is really a unique skill thing or just us having uber chad energy but the first definitely piqued my interest.
Now, it might be bc we supposedly come from an old ass family but... yeah.
Well, this is me less asking and more just thinking out loud.
Yup. Everything after working on your books with Phoebe and crossing over the mountains is Act 2.

Some of the answers to the rest is spoilers, but here's what I can answer for now:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
For Master himself, he is special, but not that special. Or at least, not special in a "plot twist, actually he's the Servant with fire Incantation you've been looking for this whole time" way. He's bending rules more than breaking them. Willow and Bianca are actually good examples of that. This is all mentioned in-game, but the dots can be kinda hard to connect, so spoilering it out anyway.

With Willow, Griselda had already given her to Bianca. When Bianca was finally successful with her ritual, she gave Willow to the succubus, who is a Daemon, not a Master. Daemon Contracts function very differently than Master Contracts. Without a Master, there wasn't really anyone stopping Master from forging a new Contract. With Bianca, you never actually steal her Contract away from Griselda. Either you negotiate with Griselda and she agrees to give you Bianca, or you just make a couple (or a lot, if you get her trophy) of unsuccessful attempts. In either case, Bianca has momma trauma and feels kinda beholden to Griselda no matter what you do.
When it comes to Bianca's ritual and her connection to Master, Willow being a Theurgic conduit has to do with her mysterious past. Master being a Theurgic conduit is normal - all Masters are Theurgic conduits, and are always channeling their Estate to all of their Servants. The X factor there has more to do with the nature of the ritual than Master himself.

There is more to it, but like I said, that'd be spoiling future story updates.

Well i still got a problem with it even in V0.14

the boulder in the cave i can place to fill 1/2 of the gap, but the surface one disappeared after i pushed it

Went topside
Pushed to boulder in the big 2x2 hole
black screen "the boulder fell" message
jumped down after the boulder, it was nowhere to be seen

Maybe there's a variable that's bugged since in my save i already loaded the area/moved around while in 0.13
Sorry for the trouble. It is likely something is permanently set incorrectly from the old save. That shouldn't be the case, but obviously I'm not perfect.

If you have the Clown Nose, I did add a clown there that should be able to fix that specific variable for you, if not reset the puzzle completely.
If you don't have it, or that doesn't fix it for you, do you mind sharing your save? I can fix it manually and double check to make sure something else isn't broken and I missed it.

Reactions: Kenad_Cened

Kenad_Cened

Sep 30, 2017
Sorry for the trouble. It is likely something is permanently set incorrectly from the old save. That shouldn't be the case, but obviously I'm not perfect.

If you have the Clown Nose, I did add a clown there that should be able to fix that specific variable for you, if not reset the puzzle completely.
If you don't have it, or that doesn't fix it for you, do you mind sharing your save? I can fix it manually and double check to make sure something else isn't broken and I missed it.

The clown nose fixed it ! (did a full reset to be on the safe side

thanks

Time to update the guide :p

Crevanille

Oct 27, 2021
Yup. Everything after working on your books with Phoebe and crossing over the mountains is Act 2.

Some of the answers to the rest is spoilers, but here's what I can answer for now:
For Master himself, he is special, but not that special. Or at least, not special in a "plot twist, actually he's the Servant with fire Incantation you've been looking for this whole time" way. He's bending rules more than breaking them. Willow and Bianca are actually good examples of that. This is all mentioned in-game, but the dots can be kinda hard to connect, so spoilering it out anyway.

With Willow, Griselda had already given her to Bianca. When Bianca was finally successful with her ritual, she gave Willow to the succubus, who is a Daemon, not a Master. Daemon Contracts function very differently than Master Contracts. Without a Master, there wasn't really anyone stopping Master from forging a new Contract. With Bianca, you never actually steal her Contract away from Griselda. Either you negotiate with Griselda and she agrees to give you Bianca, or you just make a couple (or a lot, if you get her trophy) of unsuccessful attempts. In either case, Bianca has momma trauma and feels kinda beholden to Griselda no matter what you do.
When it comes to Bianca's ritual and her connection to Master, Willow being a Theurgic conduit has to do with her mysterious past. Master being a Theurgic conduit is normal - all Masters are Theurgic conduits, and are always channeling their Estate to all of their Servants. The X factor there has more to do with the nature of the ritual than Master himself.

There is more to it, but like I said, that'd be spoiling future story updates.

1. Alright! Act 2 baby! Pretty interesting act. I actually feel like I'm making some headway!
2. Okay. I just really needed it cleared up whether or not we had anything special. It's actually cool that it's more like we're taking advantage of loopholes more than anything else. I like the whole 'wild card' aspect of the character. Almost borders on 'outside context problem'. Nice.
Yeah, I remember reading the notes on the different 'magic systems' Katrina's vampire dad used to arrive at the method he used to save Katrina. I really liked that little bit since it showed how diverse the world is without needing to be overly detailed. Kinda like how odd the concept of religion is, at least in the way it's understood in our world, to Master and Servant society. That point was something I took a direct influence from since I had a similar idea too.
Okay, the reminder about how Masters can 'pay to win' actually cleared up exactly how the futa duke got her method... she basically brute forced it and forced a method into existence. But wait, if she could do that, and considering how simple the basic premise of the method is... couldn't... I dunno, like a group of Masters pool their resources to brute force a similar situation? Except something more broad that would make it easier to grant themselves the more 'classical' superpower type theurgy they all so seem to want so bad?
Cuz, ngl. back in the beginning of the game, after it was explained how I could burn money to boost effects, it seemed almost like a no brainer to try something like that.
I dunno, it just seems like the obvious thing to wanna try if you can't do it yourself. I mean, the Order is like, halfway there already... Plus, they teamed up to take down teh Queen and overwrite the rules of their country right? Though, considering they kinda started it I guess... I don't see them really teaming up like that unless they can ensure their own self interests....
But, I dunno. It still seems like a doable method if all they want to do is give themselves Servant like theurgy.
...Hm. But yeah. now that I think about it... Masters, and ppl more generally, wouldn't really risk doing that if they don't have an edge or bigger take in the pot right from the get go...
Plus, you'd probably need a lot of Masters agreeing to 'invest' like that too...

Crevanille

Oct 27, 2021
Minor graphical hiccup:
When selecting Service with either Chloe or Juniper, the CG graphic either doesn't show up or only shows up part way through their scenes.

hreserves

The Mithril Hourglass
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
The clown nose fixed it ! (did a full reset to be on the safe side
thanks
You're welcome!

I just really needed it cleared up whether or not we had anything special. It's actually cool that it's more like we're taking advantage of loopholes more than anything else. I like the whole 'wild card' aspect of the character. Almost borders on 'outside context problem'. Nice.
Well, you do, but like I said, saying more would be spoilers. Though I do also like the concept of achieving strange effects while still working within a given ruleset, kinda like "gravity toys" or tensegrity sculptures that look impossible but are only possible because that's how the rules actually work. It's not something I see explored often in fiction, but it's neat when it's done well, and is usually significantly more interesting than "I'm awesome because the rules don't apply to me."

Kinda like how odd the concept of religion is, at least in the way it's understood in our world, to Master and Servant society. That point was something I took a direct influence from since I had a similar idea too.
This is mostly just Masters being egotistical (and something else no one has asked about and will probably never come up in-game).
Religion as a concept has a basis in believing there's a higher (or at least greater) power somewhere in existence. Somewhere along the line, Masters started to refuse to acknowledge that there could be a power greater than themselves. From there, "oh my god" became "by my name" (or "by my Master's name" for Servants) and religion became something "foolish" for "lesser" Folk to "make themselves feel less powerless," despite there being examples of Folk (like the druids or Augalamh's priestess) being the equivalent of Servants, but that serve a deity rather than a Master. Since those Servants are generally of very low grade, Masters write them off entirely as cheap parlor tricks (which is where the use of prestidigitation as a term comes from).

Okay, the reminder about how Masters can 'pay to win' actually cleared up exactly how the futa duke got her method... she basically brute forced it and forced a method into existence. But wait, if she could do that, and considering how simple the basic premise of the method is... couldn't... I dunno, like a group of Masters pool their resources to brute force a similar situation? Except something more broad that would make it easier to grant themselves the more 'classical' superpower type theurgy they all so seem to want so bad?
Cuz, ngl. back in the beginning of the game, after it was explained how I could burn money to boost effects, it seemed almost like a no brainer to try something like that.
I dunno, it just seems like the obvious thing to wanna try if you can't do it yourself. I mean, the Order is like, halfway there already...
That's why I mentioned part of her method being that she's taking advantage of instability. Masters burning Silcrow is a way to amplify an existing expression more than a way of creating a new effect. With Evdokia, trying to force it creates an instability, which she focuses to a specific part of the body, then freezes the instability in place once it achieves the effect she wants. It's time consuming, expensive, and can go very wrong if she's not careful.
In theory, yes, a group of Masters could do that (either to shoulder the cost as a group or to multiply the effect), but if the effect they're trying to achieve is Mutation, they're more likely to (at risk of some unpleasant imagery) over-inflate the balloon. Adding more helium tanks would, at most, make the balloon pop faster. Except, yknow, it's not a balloon.
Though that was kinda Evdokia's plan. Spoiling this out for people who aren't in Act 2 yet. Since she'd achieved an effect and developed a method of replicating it reliably, she wanted to become the new leader of the cult so she could make everyone else pay for her expenses. She didn't want to tell anyone that basically the only thing she could do was make futas, because then she loses leverage. Once basically every major Estate was paying her, she could experiment more and see if it was possible to achieve other effects; she didn't have the capital to continue experimenting on her own.

On a similar note, there is a "writ-writing" mechanic I've been iterating on for a while now that would let you make consumable items that would achieve various effects by spending Silcrow to make them in your study, but I haven't found a good way to implement everything in a way that's both lore-friendly and actually useful. Plus I'm a little wary of adding things you can spend all your Silcrow on when there isn't an easy way to earn it all back because you can accidentally lock yourself out of certain things.

...Hm. But yeah. now that I think about it... Masters, and ppl more generally, wouldn't really risk doing that if they don't have an edge or bigger take in the pot right from the get go...
Plus, you'd probably need a lot of Masters agreeing to 'invest' like that too...
Or at least some sort of proof or believable promise that it works, or the potential return on investment is very high, yeah.
Another little detail on that (which comes up a few times in-game, but not often) - because a person's Theurgy pool is tied to their well-being (and emptying it results in exhaustion, dizziness, queasiness, etc.), and a Master's Theurgy pool is basically the value of their Estate, spending large amounts of Silcrow outside of an even trade (like purchasing something) is physically uncomfortable for Masters. They literally feel ill at just the thought of spending Silcrow on nothing. Asking a Master to invest in something sight unseen is - to them - like asking a person if they'd like to come down with the flu.

Minor graphical hiccup:
When selecting Service with either Chloe or Juniper, the CG graphic either doesn't show up or only shows up part way through their scenes.
I think I found and fixed that on my own, so it should be good in either v0.15 or v0.15.1.
I hope so, anyway. I'm in the final stretch of getting things uploaded (I'll actually be updating the OP once I hit reply here), so by the time I can look and fix it if I haven't already, it'll need to wait for the next update.
Either way, thanks for letting me know!

Crevanille

Oct 27, 2021
You're welcome!

Well, you do, but like I said, saying more would be spoilers. Though I do also like the concept of achieving strange effects while still working within a given ruleset, kinda like "gravity toys" or tensegrity sculptures that look impossible but are only possible because that's how the rules actually work. It's not something I see explored often in fiction, but it's neat when it's done well, and is usually significantly more interesting than "I'm awesome because the rules don't apply to me."

This is mostly just Masters being egotistical (and something else no one has asked about and will probably never come up in-game).
Religion as a concept has a basis in believing there's a higher (or at least greater) power somewhere in existence. Somewhere along the line, Masters started to refuse to acknowledge that there could be a power greater than themselves. From there, "oh my god" became "by my name" (or "by my Master's name" for Servants) and religion became something "foolish" for "lesser" Folk to "make themselves feel less powerless," despite there being examples of Folk (like the druids or Augalamh's priestess) being the equivalent of Servants, but that serve a deity rather than a Master. Since those Servants are generally of very low grade, Masters write them off entirely as cheap parlor tricks (which is where the use of prestidigitation as a term comes from).

That's why I mentioned part of her method being that she's taking advantage of instability. Masters burning Silcrow is a way to amplify an existing expression more than a way of creating a new effect. With Evdokia, trying to force it creates an instability, which she focuses to a specific part of the body, then freezes the instability in place once it achieves the effect she wants. It's time consuming, expensive, and can go very wrong if she's not careful.
In theory, yes, a group of Masters could do that (either to shoulder the cost as a group or to multiply the effect), but if the effect they're trying to achieve is Mutation, they're more likely to (at risk of some unpleasant imagery) over-inflate the balloon. Adding more helium tanks would, at most, make the balloon pop faster. Except, yknow, it's not a balloon.
Though that was kinda Evdokia's plan. Spoiling this out for people who aren't in Act 2 yet. Since she'd achieved an effect and developed a method of replicating it reliably, she wanted to become the new leader of the cult so she could make everyone else pay for her expenses. She didn't want to tell anyone that basically the only thing she could do was make futas, because then she loses leverage. Once basically every major Estate was paying her, she could experiment more and see if it was possible to achieve other effects; she didn't have the capital to continue experimenting on her own.

On a similar note, there is a "writ-writing" mechanic I've been iterating on for a while now that would let you make consumable items that would achieve various effects by spending Silcrow to make them in your study, but I haven't found a good way to implement everything in a way that's both lore-friendly and actually useful. Plus I'm a little wary of adding things you can spend all your Silcrow on when there isn't an easy way to earn it all back because you can accidentally lock yourself out of certain things.

Or at least some sort of proof or believable promise that it works, or the potential return on investment is very high, yeah.
Another little detail on that (which comes up a few times in-game, but not often) - because a person's Theurgy pool is tied to their well-being (and emptying it results in exhaustion, dizziness, queasiness, etc.), and a Master's Theurgy pool is basically the value of their Estate, spending large amounts of Silcrow outside of an even trade (like purchasing something) is physically uncomfortable for Masters. They literally feel ill at just the thought of spending Silcrow on nothing. Asking a Master to invest in something sight unseen is - to them - like asking a person if they'd like to come down with the flu.

I think I found and fixed that on my own, so it should be good in either v0.15 or v0.15.1.
I hope so, anyway. I'm in the final stretch of getting things uploaded (I'll actually be updating the OP once I hit reply here), so by the time I can look and fix it if I haven't already, it'll need to wait for the next update.
Either way, thanks for letting me know!
2. Yeah, I figuredwe do have something special going on, given the whole we might be a designer baby thing. But I kinda meant with what was going on presently. Like with what happened between us, Bianca, and Willow.
Also, yeah. 'Your rules are not my rules' usually works better for antagonists.
3. Yeah. That's why I chuckle every time I hear 'By my master/mistress's name'. Same vibe. I just meant that I liked the distinction in cultural mindset. Small but it felt real. And yeah, still inspired some of my own worldbuilding.
4. Right. I should've been clearer. Basically, yeah. The whole brute force method approach to achieve their aim. Good to know that you can't just insert whatever you want though.
The writ writing thing definitely i trigues me though.
5.I remember. Though the tie to a Master's wealth bit is what gets brought up the most.
6. Yup. Np.

Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Mar 2, 2019
Maids & Masters [v0.15] [The Mithril Hourglass] - Compressed

Win/Linux [251 MB]
- - - -

Last edited:

Kenad_Cened

Sep 30, 2017
Nice new update, i got 0.14 & 0.15 to do now ^^

i really like the dialogs & choices in them, in particular having to think about everything you say/do while in another estate

FeSs101

Jul 26, 2021
I played version 0.13 of the game and I liked it, can someone tell me how many H scenes appeared in the last 2 patches? and is there any development of futa in the game during this time? not necessarily, exact number, 2-3 or 5 will be enough, or say it’s a lot)

hreserves

The Mithril Hourglass
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
I just meant that I liked the distinction in cultural mindset. Small but it felt real.

The writ writing thing definitely i trigues me though.
Little details like that can go a long way towards that. As long as a setting follows it's own rules, it's a lot more believable than a setting without rules, or implying real-world rules apply then breaking them. It can also inform characterization, which helps characters feel real. There's definitely some things I could do better, but most of those things are context-heavy details in a game that already has the occasional problem with context dumps.

I'm definitely still working on the idea for writ-writing. No idea when or how it'll actually get implemented, but hopefully I land on something before the end of Act 2.

Nice new update, i got 0.14 & 0.15 to do now ^^

i really like the dialogs & choices in them, in particular having to think about everything you say/do while in another estate

Appreciate it. I tend to worry those negotiation segments either get boring or confusing, so it's nice to hear that they're interesting.
For Trophy 23 - I think it was achievable in v0.14, but some of the tiny spiders are hard to find or are hidden in areas only accessible if you have other trophies. It's for sure achievable in v0.15.

And I like talking about my lore. Not a lot of people ask questions about it, but there's definitely some nuance and situations outside of what happens in the game that can be interesting to discuss. Sometimes I've even had people call me out on misremembering a detail and correct me on my own lore, which is a fun experience in the sense that I get to see someone besides myself have a deeper understanding than what I'd expect of someone just playing the game.
Something I should do is comb through some of these pages and see if I can turn some of these conversations into in-game books. Gives me something to have unlock when you complete Quinn's first affection quest once that's implemented in v0.15.2.

I played version 0.13 of the game and I liked it, can someone tell me how many H scenes appeared in the last 2 patches? and is there any development of futa in the game during this time? not necessarily, exact number, 2-3 or 5 will be enough, or say it’s a lot)
If I remember right, v0.14 had two (technically 3; one has two variants) scenes that were new, and v0.15 has one. There would be more for the new characters in the love shack, but since all that was side content, I put it off to get the story releases out faster.
Good news on that front, the release in early access - v0.15.1 - has all of that content, which is six more scenes.
Bad news is - no new futa content. There is more planned, some of which is likely coming in v0.15.2, but I'm not set on how much exactly there'll be yet.

• Red Heart
Reactions: FeSs101

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
tl;dr, Most of them only apply to one or two scenes with the option of repeating them with the remaining scenes being optional.

To be specific about the three you call out, there are two scenes that are part of one segment of the story that are both femdom and BDSM, but the second one you have the opportunity to turn into maledom. It's all fairly light, though. There's no humiliation; at most there's a bit of power play. Same with the BDSM; sometimes rope or spanking gets involved (and only for the girls, outside of the restraints in the two scenes mentioned above), but it doesn't get into breathplay or anything too heavy. There's one (optional) pain play scene, but how intense you get is up to your choices, and it ends if you go too far. For lesbian, there's a short bit (again in one of the two scenes above) that's not optional and some that's implied but not shown, but otherwise it's things like threesomes or two characters taking a bath together but not actually having sex (both so optional you have to actually hunt for the event or take extra steps to unlock).

The tags that are completely optional are futa/trans, pregnancy (though there's one scene in v0.13 that always results in pregnancy that isn't in v0.12), sex toys, and voyeurism.
I don't like femdom or BDSM at all, are they still mandatory?

I'm not crazy about maledom either, but I can tolerate it as long as it doesn't include humiliation, insults, physical aggression, spanking, I mean, it's pretty light. It may be so?

In my opinion, lesbian sex should always be optional. So I could choose that it doesn't happen.

• Angry
Reactions: Kellerkind207

Kenad_Cened

Sep 30, 2017
Little details like that can go a long way towards that. As long as a setting follows it's own rules, it's a lot more believable than a setting without rules, or implying real-world rules apply then breaking them. It can also inform characterization, which helps characters feel real. There's definitely some things I could do better, but most of those things are context-heavy details in a game that already has the occasional problem with context dumps.

I'm definitely still working on the idea for writ-writing. No idea when or how it'll actually get implemented, but hopefully I land on something before the end of Act 2.

Appreciate it. I tend to worry those negotiation segments either get boring or confusing, so it's nice to hear that they're interesting.
They can get confusing at first (i'm sure in my first negotiation with Griselda i picked most "wrong" answers ^^ ) but they became more and more clear about their working

And neither the lore or negotiation segments feels boring, IMHO i would rather have a game where the story/reading plays a major part than a grindfest boredom where you can skip all dialogues

For Trophy 23 - I think it was achievable in v0.14, but some of the tiny spiders are hard to find or are hidden in areas only accessible if you have other trophies. It's for sure achievable in v0.15.

And I like talking about my lore. Not a lot of people ask questions about it, but there's definitely some nuance and situations outside of what happens in the game that can be interesting to discuss. Sometimes I've even had people call me out on misremembering a detail and correct me on my own lore, which is a fun experience in the sense that I get to see someone besides myself have a deeper understanding than what I'd expect of someone just playing the game.
Something I should do is comb through some of these pages and see if I can turn some of these conversations into in-game books. Gives me something to have unlock when you complete Quinn's first affection quest once that's implemented in v0.15.2.
I can tell, it's always nice when a world has some depth to it !

Btw, while walking around i found some dialogues not updated

In spoiler just in case

Crevanille

Oct 27, 2021

If I remember right, v0.14 had two (technically 3; one has two variants) scenes that were new, and v0.15 has one. There would be more for the new characters in the love shack, but since all that was side content, I put it off to get the story releases out faster.
Good news on that front, the release in early access - v0.15.1 - has all of that content, which is six more scenes.
Bad news is - no new futa content. There is more planned, some of which is likely coming in v0.15.2, but I'm not set on how much exactly there'll be yet.
1. Agreed. It's also something I think about a lot myself because fiction doesn't necessarily need to be 'realistic', just consistent with its own rules. You've been really good with that and it's something I really like about the game.

hreserves

The Mithril Hourglass
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
I don't like femdom or BDSM at all, are they still mandatory?

I'm not crazy about maledom either, but I can tolerate it as long as it doesn't include humiliation, insults, physical aggression, spanking, I mean, it's pretty light. It may be so?

In my opinion, lesbian sex should always be optional. So I could choose that it doesn't happen.
There are a few scenes that are mandatory, yes. I forget exactly how many off the top of my head, but it's less than 5.
The BDSM is all light - one spanking scene, the maledom is largely just being commanding/demanding, there's no serious physical aggression or choking. One character does ask for humiliation, but the MC tells her he won't do it (she does continue to ask, but it's meant to be playful/flirtatious, not demanding or bratty). There are a few other scenes in the love shack that involve rope and one that qualifies as pain play, but it's still fairly mild (to the point where if you try to actively hurt the girl in the pain play scene, she'll tell you it's too much and end the scene). One character gets into overstimulation territory. I think that covers all the optional content.

The exclusively lesbian scenes are optional, but there are references to it (as well as futa on female) throughout and at least one point where you're going to see it even though it isn't the focus of the scene. If it bothers you that much, this might just not be the game for you.

They can get confusing at first (i'm sure in my first negotiation with Griselda i picked most "wrong" answers ^^ ) but they became more and more clear about their working

And neither the lore or negotiation segments feels boring, IMHO i would rather have a game where the story/reading plays a major part than a grindfest boredom where you can skip all dialogues

I can tell, it's always nice when a world has some depth to it !

Btw, while walking around i found some dialogues not updated

In spoiler just in case

Still nice to hear. I try to ease people into it with Lothario and Viridius before you get hit with Griselda for that reason.

And good catch. Added to my notes to update for v0.15.2.

1. Agreed. It's also something I think about a lot myself because fiction doesn't necessarily need to be 'realistic', just consistent with its own rules. You've been really good with that and it's something I really like about the game.
It takes a little work, but the end result is definitely worth it. I've had to retcon a few things over the years, but not much, and mostly details like which characters say things like "damn" or similar (since the etymology has roots in religion, and by extension wouldn't be as prevalent in Aenglish).
There are still some connotations in that which I find amusing, but that'll have to wait for another post.

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
There are a few scenes that are mandatory, yes. I forget exactly how many off the top of my head, but it's less than 5.
The BDSM is all light - one spanking scene, the maledom is largely just being commanding/demanding, there's no serious physical aggression or choking. One character does ask for humiliation, but the MC tells her he won't do it (she does continue to ask, but it's meant to be playful/flirtatious, not demanding or bratty). There are a few other scenes in the love shack that involve rope and one that qualifies as pain play, but it's still fairly mild (to the point where if you try to actively hurt the girl in the pain play scene, she'll tell you it's too much and end the scene). One character gets into overstimulation territory. I think that covers all the optional content.
What worries me the most is femdom, I don't like it even in incredibly light versions. BDSM, if it's very light and the MC doesn't suffer from it, I could tolerate it, but I'm still not going to like those scenes.

The exclusively lesbian scenes are optional, but there are references to it (as well as futa on female) throughout and at least one point where you're going to see it even though it isn't the focus of the scene. If it bothers you that much, this might just not be the game for you.
Having lesbian sex between harem members can be acceptable as long as 1) it's something specific 2) Those who do it aren't a couple 3) I haven't to see it 4) the MC knows about it and approves before it happens.

Sex between a futa and a female LI... is something I don't want to happen either on screen or off screen. It's similar to sex between futa and MC, it's something I want to be able to choose not to happen.

• Angry
Reactions: Kellerkind207

QQP_Purple

Dec 11, 2020
If all else fails you can just hold the fast forward key (w I think) to just zip through the scene without seeing it.

3.90 star(s) 10 Votes