1.90 star(s) 51 Votes

Pantisocrat

Jul 3, 2017
"Everyone knows it, even the person who doesn't really exist(s).
"
Maybe that helps?
OK, but (more translation issues) I don't know that that's a "pun" as such. It's meta-humour, or tapping the fourth wall or whatever. But OK, after like three explanations I guess it is technically humour of some kind. ;)

Reactions: Londo_Mollari

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
Somehow I think not everybody gets the joke of the scene like I thought it was intended :coldsweat:

Am I wrong?
View attachment 59548
Would you mind explaining how you thought it was intended, please?
Even with your TNG video, I can't find anything remotely humorous about it. In fact, all the video did was clarify how unfunny the scene in the game was?
Is it supposed to be a "faux" attempt? I just don't see a "joke" there. It simply seems like a small attempt to to sound knowledgeable by throwing in some Latin, whilst actually achieving the complete opposite by seeming so misused.

I must be missing something...

Londo_Mollari

Donor
Respected User
Sep 7, 2017
I find the reference to a TNG episode funny :D
Compared to the references in "Ready player one" (terrible book :teary: ) it was quite easy to detect (with enough knowledge of TNG).

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
I find the reference to a TNG episode funny :D
Compared to the references in "Ready player one" (terrible book :teary: ) it was quite easy to detect (with enough knowledge of TNG).
I don't see how quoting Descartes' most famous line is a reference to TNG, just because they also used the same quote? I'm sure the quote has been used in thousands of places, are they also a TNG reference?

The TNG clip that was provided above, where Moriarty uses the same quote, does not equate to the line in the game being a TNG reference, or even being inspired by it? It's nothing more than both of them just happening to be quoting the same line from Descartes. That seems to equate more to being a coincidence, than a reference or an inspiration.

That's like me starting a new business or "enterprise" and calling it a reference to TNG simply because it just so happens to share a word.
Or, by the same logic, my HDD stores "data" so it must be a TNG reference too, right?

Not trying to be funny, I just don't see any relation between the use of the line in the game & the use of the line in the series?
TNG, at least, used it in a relevant & appropriate position. The game does not.
It feels more like the dev discovered the quote recently and just had to force it into the game somehow to make it or himself appear a bit more intellectual.

Reactions: botc76

Londo_Mollari

Donor
Respected User
Sep 7, 2017
I don't see how quoting Descartes' most famous line is a reference to TNG, just because they also used the same quote?
So you miss the obvious hint (if dev intended the reference like I think he did): "everyone knows it, even the person who doesn't exist." ( = holodeck-Moriarty )

Pantisocrat

Jul 3, 2017
So you miss the obvious hint (if dev intended the reference like I think he did): "everyone knows it, even the person who doesn't exist." ( = holodeck-Moriarty )
I really think it's probably more a joke about the context in which Descartes said that, no? It's Descartes asserting that there is at least one thing he can be certain of: that he exists - he cannot doubt his own existence, since he must exist in order to doubt anything at all (like I said, I think it must have lost something in translation). It would be a pretty random shoutout to a throwaway line from TNG that isn't even famous, really.

S

SteelRazer

How can I continue in game then or would I need to play it all over from start ?

Abhay

Feb 3, 2018
Can we expect S*X scene with mother in the 9th chapter. Please reply thanks in advance. In which chapter can we expect S*X scene with mother. Please reply

lynx33

Jun 7, 2017
I played the 0.1 or 0.2 of this and wasn't too impressed. Played it in its current version and the way it branched out has made it a really fun game.

Benn Swagger

Aug 26, 2016
@Tremmi ... I'm stuck by a bug in this situation. It is a known bug ?
Fyi, I download it v.08 2 weeks ago and just play it now.
F95_MS_v08_bug_001.jpg
Select the dialogue, after finish talking, the dialogue selection comes back. So it's game breaking bug.

OtstrelDebilov

You should work better
Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2017
@Tremmi ... I'm stuck by a bug in this situation. It is a known bug ?
Fyi, I download it v.08 2 weeks ago and just play it now.
View attachment 66250
Select the dialogue, after finish talking, the dialogue selection comes back. So it's game breaking bug.
This bug was fixed I think some time ago.

- As I promised I share with you chapter 9 :)

1.90 star(s) 51 Votes