• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Unity Completed Making Movies [v0.9.15] [Droid Productions]

3.70 star(s) 9 Votes

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
How do i trigger all the events after v0.1.3?
I have the dog, the 2 movies with Mia, one with the barista and one with the Nurse.
All i can do now is grind the stats.
The game tells me something about i could contact Mia anytime, but how? The Phone tells me, no one use phones anymore and the computer tells me there is no one i want to contact now.
(Susan's a doctor... she didn't spend 5 years at USUHS to be called nurse)

The next movie after the point you're at is at the school. Get your smarts > 5, and Mia will start showing up at the University; chat with her a couple of times to unlock her library actions, which leads to her 3rd movie.

joe316

Dec 3, 2016
Glad I am not alone notice this game has a lot of problems and crashes for everyone else as well.

joe316

Dec 3, 2016
Susans first video after she discovers the spy cam doesn't work and crashes the game. just like the Mia scene did.
Yeah that happened to me too. The game is unplayable after that scene.

Have to wait for the major bug fix to play it.

Yevaud6

Aug 25, 2016
It's a little bit of a completed with an "*". The ending is there, but it's got a few kinks to work out. Seems like it might have been due to a update to the video software he was using shortly before the game was finished. Hopefully he doesn't have to re-adjust every single scene.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017

What's new:
Purely fixes for the video. It appears the transcoding worked (first movie no longer crashes, yay) but not applied to everything (boo). So this one applies it to all movies.

As for what happened? I was developing on Unity 2017.1; recently I upgraded to 2019.1, which seems to have changed how the video playback is working. It's fine on a lot of systems (I played it through from scratch before pushing the button, it wouldn't be here if I didn't think it 'worked'), but on quite a lot of users the videos just crash hard. Which sucks.

Anyway, touch wood this fixes it, so I can get back to fixing bugs + adding more achievements/memories, which was what i *thought* I'd be doing this weekend :)

Huge thanks to everyone helping test this, and giving me feedback.

Yevaud6

Aug 25, 2016

What's new:
Purely fixes for the video. It appears the transcoding worked (first movie no longer crashes, yay) but not applied to everything (boo). So this one applies it to all movies.

As for what happened? I was developing on Unity 2017.1; recently I upgraded to 2019.1, which seems to have changed how the video playback is working. It's fine on a lot of systems (I played it through from scratch before pushing the button, it wouldn't be here if I didn't think it 'worked'), but on quite a lot of users the videos just crash hard. Which sucks.

Anyway, touch wood this fixes it, so I can get back to fixing bugs + adding more achievements/memories, which was what i *thought* I'd be doing this weekend :)

Huge thanks to everyone helping test this, and giving me feedback.
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it's worse. The initial videos from mia's first date won't even play, even if they are in your library from a save (quick note in case it wasn't said, the first mia scenes did work in the .10 patch). and all scenes I've attempted after that one (mia's second date and Susan's first encounter) both freeze and shut down when you get to the video portion. Thanks for putting in all the effort you have this last day or two to quick-patch it. It can't have been easy.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I'm going to go find a table to bang my head off .... :(

Okay, back to the drawing board. My guess is something I changed in the other compression settings screwed things up.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Well it's not a simple problem and it's cool that you're trying, so thanks. Hopefully someone randomly shows up with the answer
No... actually crashing unity is actually pretty rare. This isn't really a bug "in my code", it's a bug in Unity's video player, so all I can do is poke around the edges and try to find out what sets off it's allergies.

Anyone that's seeing the crash, here's an updated link. Would be awesome if someone could see if this fixes it (I went back to setting all video compression settings the same as .10)

Thx!

Yevaud6

Aug 25, 2016
No... actually crashing unity is actually pretty rare. This isn't really a bug "in my code", it's a bug in Unity's video player, so all I can do is poke around the edges and try to find out what sets off it's allergies.

Anyone that's seeing the crash, here's an updated link. Would be awesome if someone could see if this fixes it (I went back to setting all video compression settings the same as .10)

Thx!
went back to the same issues as version .10. First Mia videos work, second mia and first susan videos crash the game.

Reactions: joe316

monksims

Mar 17, 2019
For me 0.9.12, videos are just green boxes with some anti-static lines in Mia2 scene but the game doesn't crash.

Edit. But going back again to Mia2 scene, the game crashed in the masturbation video.

Last edited:

joe316

Dec 3, 2016

Thx!
Don't know if this work around to the code fixes the video problem.

Reactions: Droid Productions

joe316

Dec 3, 2016

Thx!
That actually made this crash worse. Instead of trying to play the video with color bars it just goes to crash without trying to play the video.

Susans first video after she discovers the spy cam doesn't work and crashes the game. just like the Mia scene did.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Any chance of a 322-bit version? The older versions would run on my Windows 7 32-bit computer. The newer version that I downloaded yesterday is a 64-bit version.
Hmm.. that's curious I'm still building both, wonder why it doesn't support. I'll check it out, and try to get you a fixed version later.

Reactions: Anders Oppenheimer

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
So for the wedding I invited the doctor, the barista and the trainer. Now what? Nothing happens on Sunday, can't call anyone. No church shows up on the map. It just cycles the days with those three being in their respective places and Mia and Grace being M.I.A. Am I missing something?
You need a best (?) man as well. Mia will show up for her own wedding automatically.

Once you've invited Derek, Chloe, Susan and Pam, return to your home and you'll get a final dialog. Then next Sunday Morning head back to the church.

Last edited:

zezuk

Aug 30, 2017
You need a best (?) man as well. Mia will show up for her own wedding automatically.

Once you've invited Derek, Chloe, Susan and Pam, return to your home and you'll get a final dialog. Then next Sunday Morning head back to the church.
Yeah, my bad. I was running the 0.9.9 version instead of the 0.9.10 so derek was absent in the hospital and I assumed he was invited as an extension of Susan. Got the new version and he showed up so everything worked from there.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Any chance of a 322-bit version? The older versions would run on my Windows 7 32-bit computer. The newer version that I downloaded yesterday is a 64-bit version.

Try this build, Blizman; explicitly built with 32 bit (the build system should be building both, but let's try this explicitly).

Don't know if this work around to the code fixes the video problem.

Might be. I don't get the crash on my side, so it's... hard to say :(

I applied the fix suggested to 0.9.13 (lucky number?). Let's see if it works.

Reactions: Anders Oppenheimer

The Krypt Angel

Engaged Member
Feb 17, 2019
The top displays disappear when i load a save sometimes. Can't access the menu's or see the blue or red heads. Is that normal? I have to close and re-open to get them back. I know that it's listed as complete, but that might want to be looked at if it's not intended.
I actually figured that this is NOT a bug. The most recent time the HUD disappeared I happened to notice that there was the word "show" in the bottom right corner of the screen clicking it brings the HUD back.

3.70 star(s) 9 Votes