• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Unity Completed Making Movies [v0.9.15] [Droid Productions]

3.70 star(s) 9 Votes

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I actually figured that this is NOT a bug. The most recent time the HUD disappeared I happened to notice that there was the word "show" in the bottom right corner of the screen clicking it brings the HUD back.
Ah... yes. That'd be the "perv view". You can hide using the H key, or by clicking on the Hide button. Reveal again using Show.

Who wants fugly UI blocking your view of Mia's blushing ...er... face.

b0b123

Jul 2, 2017
Couple of issues - The Grace & Mia event never happens, you phone both arrange for the night and neither show up.

Secondly when you and Mia hit the Gym, Chloe disappears as she goes home and leaves you there, but from that point on she stays gone so when the wedding comes you can't invite her and the game becomes stuck.

Also a lot of the videos on my setup are just, erm how to describe this like a broken tv station with a crap signal.

All this is using v0_9_12

L3z1l3

Aug 19, 2018
Here's a walkie that's almost step by step. Updated OP with 0.9.10. Confirms it does fix issue with Derek.
I'm following the walkthrough but Mia doesn't want to mimic Elvira so I can't get a perfect 2nd movie. The walkie mentions a bathroom part, but I don't know how to do that.
I have 20 smooth. What else do I need for it?

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Couple of issues - The Grace & Mia event never happens, you phone both arrange for the night and neither show up.
They should show up at the next Evening, at the entrance.. first Mia, then Grace.

Secondly when you and Mia hit the Gym, Chloe disappears as she goes home and leaves you there, but from that point on she stays gone so when the wedding comes you can't invite her and the game becomes stuck.
Hmm.. I haven't seen that one before, but I'll see if I can debug it.

Also a lot of the videos on my setup are just, erm how to describe this like a broken tv station with a crap signal.
Yeah, it's known, and damned frustrating. A relatively large proportion of users are having problems with the video playback. Which is f'ing annoying, since it's stock Unity.

, based on some feedback I got. We'll see if that fixes it.

Reactions: MasterofNTR

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I'm following the walkthrough but Mia doesn't want to mimic Elvira so I can't get a perfect 2nd movie. I have 20 smooth. What else do I need for it?
Did you pick up a Wet T-Shirt (purchase from DeNile) before the movie?

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
L3z1l3 The walkie says in the run-up to her second scene that you need a t-shirt. 10 smooth and the t-shirt. Just follow Mia around by carefully reading her dialog. She or the MC always tells you where you need to go.
droid1984 = I did run into the issue with disappearing people when getting your friends to attend the wedding in the 0.9.9 version. Susan and Chloe were in the right places. Pam wasn't. So I went to another location, passed the time and returned to the gym. She did show up after that. However, Deke was a no-show. But 0.9.10 fixed that and I was able to trigger the wedding.

BTW, in the walkie, I expect people to read the dialogue. I usually only put a reply down when there's multiple choices. And if there's things to be gotten and stats to be raised, I mention that. I don't go into detail about how to raise stats because it's mentioned in the game. Like I said, if you can read the walkie, you can read the game.

Reactions: Droid Productions

joe316

Dec 3, 2016
Yeah, it's known, and damned frustrating. A relatively large proportion of users are having problems with the video playback. Which is f'ing annoying, since it's stock Unity.

, based on some feedback I got. We'll see if that fixes it.
That fix worked for me on a 64 bit PC. The videos play now without crashing.

L3z1l3

Aug 19, 2018
L3z1l3 The walkie says in the run-up to her second scene that you need a t-shirt. 10 smooth and the t-shirt. Just follow Mia around by carefully reading her dialog. She or the MC always tells you where you need to go.
Did you pick up a Wet T-Shirt (purchase from DeNile) before the movie?
That was it, thanks for both of you!
The walkie doesn't mention the T-shirt. Maybe it was mentioned some way in the dialogue and I missed the reference. I usually pay attention to the dialogue but maybe missed this one.
Since then I also found it mentioned in the FAQ.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I try to sprinkle a bunch of little surprises and references in the game (a lot of them are planted in the user comments to the player's movies). One of the ones I had most fun with was the origin of Mia's family concern, Kizume-Zaibatsu, which started out making Erotic playing cards (Hanafuda cards, not western ones) for the red-light district in Gion. This is actually inspired by a rather well-known modern-day company.. curious if anyone caught it? :)

IneZwei

Aug 5, 2017
So I download the 0.9.13 fix, do I just overwrite these files with the ones I already downloaded?

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
So I download the 0.9.13 fix, do I just overwrite these files with the ones I already downloaded?
Yeah. It's mostly the same files, the only difference will be the big archive.

Sorry about this.. I tested it locally, but (testing alone) I missed a bug that hit a LOT of people :(

Gabbynaru

Sep 19, 2017
So, tis may be a stupid question, but now that you found the fix for the videos, could we maybe get the 1080p videos back?

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
So, tis may be a stupid question, but now that you found the fix for the videos, could we maybe get the 1080p videos back?
I'm still not sure the 1080p videos was what was causing the issue on some computers :)

Problem is I can't test it here, since it works fine on my computer.

Reactions: Gabbynaru

Lamoucheronn

Apr 28, 2017
Alignment stat doesn't work, I can't access video recording of first Mia scene on computer (previously I could).

3.70 star(s) 9 Votes