Unity Completed Making Movies [v0.9.15] [Droid Productions]

3.70 star(s) 9 Votes

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Any chance of a 322-bit version? The older versions would run on my Windows 7 32-bit computer. The newer version that I downloaded yesterday is a 64-bit version.

I didn't give this post enough credits; the underlying problem seems to be with Unity's video playback in 64 bit (you're welcome, future stackexchange poster who can't admit where you found the answer). Switching it to 32bit fixes the problem fully.

• Haha
Reactions: JiiEf

waffel

Donor
Aug 29, 2017
waffel trying to recreate Chloe in DAZ (HS is off-limits for obvious reasons)
Heh, I've always liked the Fremen... on another note it is hard to recreate a HS character in DAZ, end even harder for her since she was fecken h4wt to boot -__- You can ask Vren about that and I'm sure he will vent a bit.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Yeah, it's hard. To me, there's a few things I'm pushing.. the eyes, the skin color, the hair (especially the hair, for reasons that will become obvious). And the attitude. Chloe is all about localized perfection; she doesn't care what happens to the world, as long as she's serving the best coffee, or steak, or beer, or sashimi, available. Because there is an intoxication from being the best you can possibly be, and Chloe is totally addicted to it.

Reactions: f95zone69

waffel

Donor
Aug 29, 2017
Yeah, it's hard. To me, there's a few things I'm pushing.. the eyes, the skin color, the hair (especially the hair, for reasons that will become obvious). And the attitude. Chloe is all about localized perfection; she doesn't care what happens to the world, as long as she's serving the best coffee, or steak, or beer, or sashimi, available. Because there is an intoxication from being the best you can possibly be, and Chloe is totally addicted to it.
And you say she's not waifu material! :love:

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
So. I'm at the point where I'd like to start getting some more eyes on the next game. I'm trying to *not* repeat the mistake on Making Movies in a) launching too early, b) launching without testing. So if you're interested in a very early (<1 hr gameplay) version of the game, and want to give critique and feedback, just DM me.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Took a break from Love of Magic to do some animated sigs. Dumping them in here, since I need a place to link them from.

class0917

Jan 18, 2018
I think I've mentioned this before, but if you want to cheat, use Ctrl+D to open up the debug menu. Will let you set stats directly (assuming you've trained at least once in them atm, will fix that), change your cash, light/dark points, etc.
What's the cheat codes for Making Movies ??????

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Spent the weekend working on Love of Magic's portrait system. Ever since I built the character animations for Making Movies I was curious about how to do something similar to the mugshots.

I decided to rig up Emily, one of the romantic interests, with an animating face to see how it looks:

Here's how it looks in-game. I suspect most people won't notice, but I'm enjoying the slight subtlety of it.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Any chance of a Mac version of the completed game?
Yes, if you volunteer to test it. I can try to kick out a build, but since I don't have a mac here I can't test it. In *theory*, Unity shouldn't care, but theory is the kind of girl I'd never bring home to meet my mum.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
0.9.13 is the last build unless there's something critical bug-wise to fix.

Most of my erodev effort is on Love of Magic now.

SamHaim

Aug 23, 2019
Thank you.

In that case any reason I'd still only be getting $50 at the Gym despite having read all 3 gym books? I first read the speed reading book on after the first movie, then the dummies one then the others. Never got more than $50 at the gym at anytime.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Strange. I checked the flags that are supposed to be set as you read books, and they're not there.

I changed the definition of "completed a book" to be the same as used by the bookshelf, so past savegames won't be affected.

. Let me know if there's any issues.

3.70 star(s) 9 Votes