Unity Completed Making Movies [v0.9.15] [Droid Productions]

3.70 star(s) 9 Votes

SamHaim

Aug 23, 2019
Strange. I checked the flags that are supposed to be set as you read books, and they're not there.

I changed the definition of "completed a book" to be the same as used by the bookshelf, so past savegames won't be affected.

. Let me know if there's any issues.
You're a legend, thank you.

Edit: some feed back, the text says I earned $150 but the top right adds $125. I tried it twice consecutively with the same result. I was under the impression the max was $100?

1569379367367.png
1569379400142.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Droid Productions

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
It should scale up to 150 with all 3 books read.

Ah. I see what's happening. There's actually two sets of payouts. One triggered from script, the other from dialog. The formula should be 50/90/120/150. I guess, because the flags didn't work properly, that code-path never got exercised :)

Fixed, and updated the middle path to trigger.

Reactions: SamHaim

SamHaim

Aug 23, 2019
It should scale up to 150 with all 3 books read.

Ah. I see what's happening. There's actually two sets of payouts. One triggered from script, the other from dialog. The formula should be 50/90/120/150. I guess, because the flags didn't work properly, that code-path never got exercised :)

Fixed, and updated the middle path to trigger.

Confirming that both values and the total show + $150 now.

Reactions: Droid Productions

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Does anyone know any cheats for this?
Ctrl+J to open up the debug menu; you can change any variable from there (for cash, scroll down to the value named 'cash' and change it to 9999, for example). I wouldn't recommend changing the flags, since that's likely to mess up progression.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I can't upload first video with mia. Playing android version.
I take it you've gone to the computer, tagged it with some right-sounding keys (schoolgirl, audition, home, etc should all work.. it'll accept any tags that sound close enough) and uploaded? Where is it failing, and which android version are you playing?

Reactions: Rafiok12

Rafiok12

Sep 13, 2018
I take it you've gone to the computer, tagged it with some right-sounding keys (schoolgirl, audition, home, etc should all work.. it'll accept any tags that sound close enough) and uploaded? Where is it failing, and which android version are you playing?
Ok I found out what my problem is. I don't know if it's only on my device but the size of game screen is bigger then my phone screen and I couldn't see where the upload button was. My android version is 9 and game is 0.9.13

mario911

Nov 17, 2017
Can someone help me, im stuck with quest make movie, i click on Grace and Mia and nothing happens, buged ??

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Can someone help me, im stuck with quest make movie, i click on Grace and Mia and nothing happens, buged ??
That's a weird one. It looks like some of the text is missing, but I have no idea why you'd get that and nobody else. Which version are you playing?

Also, can you try to click where there looks like there *should* be some text? (Above the Later entry)?

mario911

Nov 17, 2017
That's a weird one. It looks like some of the text is missing, but I have no idea why you'd get that and nobody else. Which version are you playing?

Also, can you try to click where there looks like there *should* be some text? (Above the Later entry)?
itis the last version 0.9.15 , but thx itis work now i click above the later

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
itis the last version 0.9.15 , but thx itis work now i click above the later
I think what happened was that you somehow had multiple 'open' conversations. It was a flaw in my design that gave me headaches. By the end of the project I'd ditched the idea as too much pain, and so most of the later conversations aren't designed to ever be one of *many* active conversations, meaning they had no default dialog string for those cases.

sifilis

Apr 27, 2017
I downloaded the 0.9.15 version, but the main start page still says 0.9.10. Do I have the correct version?

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Yeah; I forgot to update the version number :) It was one of a flurry of builds, as I poked at things to try to work out why the video didn't play back properly.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I actually just did a rebuild on Android that fixes some screen alignment issues. v 1.0.0 is available from here:

Reactions: f95zone69
3.70 star(s) 9 Votes