Unity Completed Making Movies [v0.9.15] [Droid Productions]

3.70 star(s) 9 Votes

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
droid1984 I've seen alot of people having issues with the video...which I just ran into as well. I saw you can "fix" it by disabling the video. But that kind of defeats the purpose and removes what makes this game unique to others. Is it a matter of aspect ration to make it work or having a certain video app to making it work?

...and now it kicked me, similar to the post on page 19. Does online functionality need to be enabled as well as video playback? I'm not keen on that, but you seem pretty ok with people on this site. So nothing should go wrong, right?
Nothing should go wrong with online, but it isn't needed for anything. The video playback appears a bug related to unity videos; I'm guessing something changed under the hood in Unity between the last version (which was build on 2017.1) and this version (which was built on 2019.1).

Will check it out and fix it for 1.0.0

Reactions: Yevaud6 and Valeck

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
is a save file
I'm assuming you're asking "does anyone have all the save-files"?

I'm doing a full play-through now, and doing save-games at each point. Will be up in 30 mins or so.

Edit: Here we are. A savegame file that includes a save before each of the critical junctions in the game.

Copy it into
C:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\LocalLow\Droid Games\Making Movies

Last edited:

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Seems I've ran into a bug. Pam disappears after the workout and does not respawn. Makes completing Mia's quest impossible, it seems.
So this is from date 3, at the gym? You don't actually need Pam for anything else (until later in the game) at this point, so she doesn't come back until the very end.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Updated version (0.9.10):

What's changed:
- transcoded all the movies at 920x540 (some of them used to be at 1920x1080). We'll see if this helps those of you having movie issues. Let me know if it works / doesn't work!
- Fixed some typos remaining from an early character that I wrote out (Tina). She showed up in Pam's dialog as <TINA> which kinda sucked
- Fixed a bug where Derek could fail to show during the final sequences of the game

Jan 12, 2019
read the post right above yours
So this is from date 3, at the gym? You don't actually need Pam for anything else (until later in the game) at this point, so she doesn't come back until the very end.
Safe to say those saves proved that I had, indeed, encountered a bug. Utilizing the invite friends save, which was the point I was at previously, Pam is at her location. My previous report was that Pam did not re-appear, which means you couldn't perform the invite, which means you couldn't complete said quest. So, unless you don't need to actually invite anyone as part of that sequence... I ran into a bug.

Reactions: Droid Productions

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Safe to say those saves proved that I had, indeed, encountered a bug. Utilizing the invite friends save, which was the point I was at previously, Pam is at her location. My previous report was that Pam did not re-appear, which means you couldn't perform the invite, which means you couldn't complete said quest. So, unless you don't need to actually invite anyone as part of that sequence... I ran into a bug.
You wouldn't happen to have the savegame file for that? I could load it up here, see if I can work out what happened.

sauk

Jul 15, 2019
Where can I find the game's save files since I don't know where to paste them?

Last edited:

monksims

Mar 17, 2019
I tried to play with videos in 0.9.10. Mia's first photoshoot issue is solved but now the game crashes in Mia's second photoshoot in the masturbation part. I played in 2560 x 1440 resolution so video resolution (540p or 1080p) shouldn't matter.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I tried to play with videos in 0.9.10. Mia's first photoshoot issue is solved but now the game crashes in Mia's second photoshoot in the masturbation part. I played in 2560 x 1440 resolution so video resolution (540p or 1080p) shouldn't matter.
Could you get me the log file? Should be in
C:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\LocalLow\Droid Games\Making Movies

Just zip up the entire folder, I'll go poke it

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
Here's a walkie that's almost step by step. Updated OP with 0.9.10. Confirms it does fix issue with Derek.

Edited. Figured everyone would read the dialogues and get it figured out. So I put a "more specific" version up with instructions on how to make money.

Last edited:

Wolf310

Sep 18, 2018
How do i trigger all the events after v0.1.3?
I have the dog, the 2 movies with Mia, one with the barista and one with the Nurse.
All i can do now is grind the stats.
The game tells me something about i could contact Mia anytime, but how? The Phone tells me, no one use phones anymore and the computer tells me there is no one i want to contact now.

LeftyPR

Mar 5, 2018
(Google Translate rocks... I have no idea what it's actually saying, though..)
If i may try to help, he can't find the appdata folder pretty sure because it's hidden but i will try and help

[QUOTE = "droid1984, post: 2163572, miembro: 353217"]
Bajo userdata. Debería ser una carpeta aquí; simplemente reemplaza los archivos allí
C: \ Users \ [USERNAME] \ AppData \ LocalLow \ Droid Games \ Making Movies
Por alguna razón no puedo encontrar esa carpeta para pegarlos allí.
¿Ya has corrido el juego? Debe crear esa carpeta la primera vez que se ejecuta. Recuerde reemplazar [USERNAME] con su nombre de usuario real
(Google Translate rocks... I have no idea what it's actually saying, though..)
Sauk la carpeta APPDATA es una escondida, tienes que primero habilitar el visualizar carpetas escondidas del systema, luego de eso necesitas llegar a --> C: \ Users \ [NOMBREDETUPCAQUI] \ AppData \ LocalLow \ Droid Games \ Making Movies

Donde "USERNAME" es TU NOMBRE o el nombre de tu PC como tal o sea el archivo no se llama USERNAME, espero puedas resolverlo y para lo de habilitar las carpetas escondidas usa google. Suerte.

monksims

Mar 17, 2019
Here's a working absolute path: "%appdata%\..\LocalLow\Droid Games\Making Movies\"

It uses an environmental variable (created by Windows) that includes the username.

Yevaud6

Aug 25, 2016
Updated version (0.9.10):

What's changed:
- transcoded all the movies at 920x540 (some of them used to be at 1920x1080). We'll see if this helps those of you having movie issues. Let me know if it works / doesn't work!
- Fixed some typos remaining from an early character that I wrote out (Tina). She showed up in Pam's dialog as <TINA> which kinda sucked
- Fixed a bug where Derek could fail to show during the final sequences of the game
Susans first video after she discovers the spy cam doesn't work and crashes the game. just like the Mia scene did.

Last edited:
3.70 star(s) 9 Votes