RPGM Completed Makoto Mini: Never Underestimate Tentacles [Complete] [v1.0.2] [TheCardWielder]

4.00 star(s) 3 Votes
Nov 17, 2017
Well, this was an interesting little game to play through. Not entirely too my tastes, though that's partly due to subjective reasons. Mainly, the art-style for the few CGs in the game isn't to my tastes at all. Can't please them all though, so that really shouldn't be a concern. Heh.

If there's one thing I do consider an objective problem is the drop rate for cores. It's... absolutely horrible. That in and of itself wouldn't be so bad, if not for the fact that pretty much all of the tonfas are side-grades rather than straight up upgrades from the original pair, meant to help customize a playing style with combined with gems.

The problem with that is that you don't know what you're getting from each core type in advance. This makes it impossible to plan your gem purchases in advance... and the currency drops are absolutely tiny on top of everything else, meaning that it's extremely time consuming to get anything done. Add in the fact that enemy types get mixed up in later stages, and it's pretty much impossible to effectively grind the latter core types. Not without spending WAY too much time on it.

I've never seen a normal core drop for most monsters, and mimics don't even respawn as far as I can tell.

Now, how do I know that the tonfas are all for the most part side-grades? I obviously cheated the cores in a save so I could at least look at the things and see what they did. I definitely think a bunch of them have potentially interesting uses, but the ugly problem of taking forever to farm enough currency to effectively work around each of them, not to mention testing things out... yeah.

Dunno how other people saw it, but it doesn't seem fun to me personally.

Heaven forbid if a completionist gets a hold of this game... it'll drive them nuts for daaaaaays....
Thank you for the feedback on the game Iexist! :D
Thank you even more for completing it even with it not being entirely to your tastes. I'm always happy to listen to fans of my games about what they would like to see in future games, so please let me know if you want to :)

Also please check out the game I released after this one, Arousing Sexual Stories: Risu's Initial Mission, as I made some improvements to the gameplay and item collection in that game. Not perfect yet though, based on the feedback I received from that, not many people like the sidegrade style I've done with weapons, so for the game I'm working on now the weapons will be strictly upgrades and I only plan on having one type of weapon core like I did in ASS:RIM, assuming I keep them in going forward too. XD

4.00 star(s) 3 Votes