VN Unity Malevolent Planet Unity2D [The Mist Explorer & Scientist] [SugarMint]

2.30 star(s) 4 Votes

Tp

Aug 23, 2016
I do test the build every release and I have a few friends who also do it which helps me see if there are any issues. If such an issue as yours was that widespread, it'd be the first thing I would take care of because anything that's considered gamebreaking especially so early into the game is the first priority.

If you'd like to help me, can you tell me what platform you played on and maybe a video of how it happens?
I can't make a video because I deleted the game. I used windows 10 if that helps. I remember talking to the nurse, then the doctor, told to go to the gym, then try to leave but am stopped with a message about not being able to leave right now, if memory serves.

Good luck. It reminded me of how in the last version of the game ended when I tried to get back into my normal outfit after taking care of all of those NPCs with ailments.

SugarMint

Game Developer
Feb 5, 2020
I can't make a video because I deleted the game. I used windows 10 if that helps. I remember talking to the nurse, then the doctor, told to go to the gym, then try to leave but am stopped with a message about not being able to leave right now, if memory serves.

Good luck. It reminded me of how in the last version of the game ended when I tried to get back into my normal outfit after taking care of all of those NPCs with ailments.
During this time, did you try to remove or equip clothes at all?

Tp

Aug 23, 2016
During this time, did you try to remove or equip clothes at all?
No. Not the first multiple attempts to leave the area.

After many attempts to leave the area, including restarting the game again and reloads, I decided to try removing or changing the clothes but nothing happened then either. I couldn't even move the items of clothing when I attempted it.

SugarMint

Game Developer
Feb 5, 2020
No. Not the first multiple attempts to leave the area.

After many attempts to leave the area, including restarting the game again and reloads, I decided to try removing or changing the clothes but nothing happened then either. I couldn't even move the items of clothing when I attempted it.
And what platform were you playing on? Android by any chance?

SugarMint

Game Developer
Feb 5, 2020
I already answered this. Windows 10.
I guess my subconscious didn't want to see that info since it would mean the issue can happen on Windows 10/11 as well :D

If it was on a windows build, if you'll ever want to test in the future you can make saves before and when it happens and I can try to reproduce the issues locally to get an idea as to what's happening, because no matter how much I try I can't seem to run into those issues.

Tp

Aug 23, 2016
I guess my subconscious didn't want to see that info since it would mean the issue can happen on Windows 10/11 as well :D

If it was on a windows build, if you'll ever want to test in the future you can make saves before and when it happens and I can try to reproduce the issues locally to get an idea as to what's happening, because no matter how much I try I can't seem to run into those issues.
If I go ahead and play the game again and encounter this problem, I will post about it and add a save game for you. Sorry that you may have a bit of a problem on your hands and that I can't help you out much more.

Good luck again.

yilkin

dl.rpdl.net
Donor
Feb 23, 2023
MalevolentPlanetUnity2D-D3.0
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

LordofEntropy

Down with Delta-G
Donor
May 8, 2017
Seems somewhat interesting, unfortunately so buggy, makes it difficult to progress. Found myself waking up invisible on day 2 with the quest of putting on my academy outfit; however, it wouldn't let me equip anything. I could open the inventory/equipment but when try and drag anything, whether underwear or the outfits, a red box would appear around the equip window and "you can't not equip this." If I reloaded there, my avatar no longer was invisible, however I was on a completely gray map. I could now equip stuff, but couldn't go anywhere from there since there were no doors/etc.

slavegal

Apr 17, 2020
Another newbie developer, I guess? I do love the art, though.

1, I can't access the game menu during gaming.
2, The MC is drifting rather than walking.
3, perhaps we need more premises for MC's corruption regarding narratives.

Thanks and godspeed

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
Old saves no good? I think I'll pass on this game until I can play it without repeating the beginning each time. I know breaking saves is sometimes necessary, so don't take this as a complaint, but it is important to prioritize getting the mechanics completed so you don't have to.

SugarMint

Game Developer
Feb 5, 2020
Seems somewhat interesting, unfortunately so buggy, makes it difficult to progress. Found myself waking up invisible on day 2 with the quest of putting on my academy outfit; however, it wouldn't let me equip anything. I could open the inventory/equipment but when try and drag anything, whether underwear or the outfits, a red box would appear around the equip window and "you can't not equip this." If I reloaded there, my avatar no longer was invisible, however I was on a completely gray map. I could now equip stuff, but couldn't go anywhere from there since there were no doors/etc.
I apologize for the bugs, but I'm not really sure what could've led to this. Can you answer the following questions to help me out?

1. Did you load a save made long ago, or did you load a save at all or just started a fresh playthrough?
2. What platform were you playing on?
3. Waking up invisible, that's strange. Did you try interacting with the exit of the player bedroom first before trying to equip anything?

Another newbie developer, I guess? I do love the art, though.

1, I can't access the game menu during gaming.
2, The MC is drifting rather than walking.
3, perhaps we need more premises for MC's corruption regarding narratives.

Thanks and godspeed
Not a newbie developer, but there's a ton of stuff to take care of a solo dev and there are packages in the game I'm depending on for various systems and they can have bugs which I would need to fix myself, deviating from their codebase.

1. Access the game menu during gaming? What do you mean?
2. The "drifting" aspect, I am working on a finalized version of the chibis we have which will have 4 directional movement and the walking animation should be less awkward.
3. That will come, I intend to work on mechanics that use corruption and other stats the player might get through various actions/choices, but before I work on such mechanics I need to make sure there are absolutely no gamebreaking bugs people may encounter in the existing ones.

Old saves no good? I think I'll pass on this game until I can play it without repeating the beginning each time. I know breaking saves is sometimes necessary, so don't take this as a complaint, but it is important to prioritize getting the mechanics completed so you don't have to.
Old saves are fine. When I work on new builds, I use saves that were made 4-5 months ago and there are no issues. I added that disclaimer because people might load 1 year old saves and it'd lead to their game breaking because there have been a ton of changes since last year.

That disclaimer shows up if the version made during the save is different from the version of the build, maybe I should instead check if the save has a timestamp and see if it's older than 6 months before adding the disclaimer to eliminate confusion.

LordofEntropy

Down with Delta-G
Donor
May 8, 2017
I apologize for the bugs, but I'm not really sure what could've led to this. Can you answer the following questions to help me out?

1. Did you load a save made long ago, or did you load a save at all or just started a fresh playthrough?
2. What platform were you playing on?
3. Waking up invisible, that's strange. Did you try interacting with the exit of the player bedroom first before trying to equip anything?
I'm on Win11. This was my first play-through, completely clean having never played it before. At the time of "waking up invisible" I hadn't even saved yet. I could see my room and the UI, but no avatar. I opened the inventory/equip screens and then tried various ways to equip: drag-n-drop, double-click, right-click—which all gave me the 'can't equip' message. The door wasn't an active hot-spot to click on.

At that point I went ahead and saved, closed the game, reopened game, and loaded the save to see if it would help. That's when I got my avatar back and I could then equip my outfits; But it was just a grey floor, almost like it was just the foundation of the map without any walls, doors, furniture, etc.

jonhywonder123

Jun 1, 2018
still the same progress blocking bug that was in the previous version
after going to sleep im just standing in a grey void ,unable to exit the room or do anything whatsoever

SugarMint

Game Developer
Feb 5, 2020
Last preview pic has bdsm
Will there be a bdsm theme or tag for this game or is it only one scene ??
There are two BDSM scenes in total so far, and there'll be more over time. When there'll be more I'll add the tag.

I'm on Win11. This was my first play-through, completely clean having never played it before. At the time of "waking up invisible" I hadn't even saved yet. I could see my room and the UI, but no avatar. I opened the inventory/equip screens and then tried various ways to equip: drag-n-drop, double-click, right-click—which all gave me the 'can't equip' message. The door wasn't an active hot-spot to click on.

At that point I went ahead and saved, closed the game, reopened game, and loaded the save to see if it would help. That's when I got my avatar back and I could then equip my outfits; But it was just a grey floor, almost like it was just the foundation of the map without any walls, doors, furniture, etc.
From what I understand, you played the standalone windows version on Win11. When you load a save, there's a button that opens the saves folder in file explorer.

If you still happen to have the save(s), can you send me all of them including the one where you could only see a gray floor?

And if you'd have the time, can you try this sequence that led to you waking up and not seeing the character again? If it's easily reproducible on your PC, then a save before it happens would help.

I am also testing my game on Win11 and I never saw this issue, so that's why I'm trying to figure out what happens on your environment that's leading to this.
Sorry my bad; I got too comfortable with ESC for the game menu
I am more comfortable with ESC as well, but Chrome has a special rule where if you press escape it will exit fullscreen in WebGL so I had to switch the key to TAB. TAB should work anytime, except during dialogues.

still the same progress blocking bug that was in the previous version
after going to sleep im just standing in a grey void ,unable to exit the room or do anything whatsoever
If you're on windows, can you upload the save? I have mentioned instructions above in this comment.

Reactions: Cabin

Cabin

Dec 11, 2022
There are two BDSM scenes in total so far, and there'll be more over time. When there'll be more I'll add the tag.

From what I understand, you played the standalone windows version on Win11. When you load a save, there's a button that opens the saves folder in file explorer.

If you still happen to have the save(s), can you send me all of them including the one where you could only see a gray floor?

And if you'd have the time, can you try this sequence that led to you waking up and not seeing the character again? If it's easily reproducible on your PC, then a save before it happens would help.

I am also testing my game on Win11 and I never saw this issue, so that's why I'm trying to figure out what happens on your environment that's leading to this.

I am more comfortable with ESC as well, but Chrome has a special rule where if you press escape it will exit fullscreen in WebGL so I had to switch the key to TAB. TAB should work anytime, except during dialogues.

If you're on windows, can you upload the save? I have mentioned instructions above in this comment.
Sorry to disturb u again dev but is the mc submissive or dominant
(Regarding the bdsm )
Also any plans for romance?

LordofEntropy

Down with Delta-G
Donor
May 8, 2017

SugarMint here's the save that's borked. I included the log file that was there too; there are some errors in in like "invalid layer index -1". So it seems like maybe a variable fell out of scope or a component failed in some manner and state got messed as there are errors like: Animator.GotoState not finding state. As mentioned there were no prior saves as this was the first one I made; I haven't been able to go back and try to repro the issue.

SugarMint

Game Developer
Feb 5, 2020
Sorry to disturb u again dev but is the mc submissive or dominant
(Regarding the bdsm )
Also any plans for romance?
I would guess right now she's submissive, but there's content with 2 NPCs where one of them is acting more dominant. More BDSM content will come in the future and we'll see and yes in the future I plan for romance systems, but we're not there yet.

SugarMint here's the save that's borked. I included the log file that was there too; there are some errors in in like "invalid layer index -1". So it seems like maybe a variable fell out of scope or a component failed in some manner and state got messed as there are errors like: Animator.GotoState not finding state. As mentioned there were no prior saves as this was the first one I made; I haven't been able to go back and try to repro the issue.
Thanks for the save. The errors you are referencing aren't actually errors, they're more like warnings and they don't affect gameplay in any way. I have loaded your save and I can see your issue.
Unity_2023-08-22_10-13-51.png
The top red square is the player bedroom, and the bottom red square is where your character is for some reason. I have an idea as to what could cause this, but the only way this could happen would be if your PC was lagging heavily when the player character was getting teleported to her bedroom.

So, you were not seeing the character in the first place because she was in another place. I'll investigate this more and see, but it's a pretty strange issue and not easily reproducible.

Reactions: Cabin
2.30 star(s) 4 Votes