VN Unity Malevolent Planet Unity2D [The Mist Explorer & Scientist] [SugarMint]

2.30 star(s) 4 Votes

SugarMint

Game Developer
Feb 5, 2020
I take it there is no way to pass the medical room without getting groped?
There's only the beginning of the scene where this happens, with the correct choices nothing explicit happens beyond that.

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
This update provided maybe ten minutes of game play, all in one room. Not much of an update, but worth every dollar us pirates pay.

I think that this could be a great game when completed, but I also think I'll skip a few updates to avoid disappointment with how small some of them are.

SugarMint

Game Developer
Feb 5, 2020
This update provided maybe ten minutes of game play, all in one room. Not much of an update, but worth every dollar us pirates pay.

I think that this could be a great game when completed, but I also think I'll skip a few updates to avoid disappointment with how small some of them are.
Animations take a while to make, but I will start a biweekly (every 2 weeks) public release schedule soon so over the course of 2 months you may see more content and play it at that frequency.

There's also the issue that some people prefer to post negative reviews rather than go through the trouble to report bugs/inconsistencies they may notice, if the public build was giving out too much content at a time some glaring issues may be apparent and that's why the smaller content public releases are supposed to help me through bug reports and feedback fix issues as often as possible, making every step of the content reach more stable.

Great game,thanks for sharing.
Thanks a lot for the kind words!

Played online. A little buggy but fun stuff. Keep up the good work !
Thanks for checking it out and I'm glad you liked it! Let me know if you have any suggestions in regards to how to make the "bugginess" state less buggy, I playtest every public release on WebGL & Windows but I never/rarely notice bugs, maybe I'm blind or I'm following a quick route which may be different from what new players take.

Reactions: Heinzmonkey

SugarMint

Game Developer
Feb 5, 2020
Alright. My new plan to release public updates every 2 weeks instead of every month has commenced.

This allowed me to do a lot of stability improvements for this latest release, even though the latest update was only 2 weeks ago. This is the , which is also included in the main post:

• 1 New Scene (bringing the last animation that will happen in the ISA Garden)
  • Removed all texture compression, no matter what graphic quality setting your game may have by default
  • Updated crewmate chibi sprites to use four directional chibis and movement, together with some timelines where the NPCs are moving around.
  • Many critical bugfixes I encountered during my own playtesting
  • Disabled the Unity 2D Lighting System which should lead to better performance and stability, especially on Android

So, the fourth and the fifth bulletpoints are the important ones here. I was using the Unity 2D Lighting system which is very buggy in general and I decided to just remove it out of all the gameplay scenes we have in the game. This should automatically lead to more stability and better performance, especially on the android platform.

Also, due to some libraries/assets I'm using, there are indeed sometimes bugs that cause issues, but I've done a lot of playtests and noticed some exceptions/errors that can lead to some problems people are seeing. I've fixed all of them the best I could in only 2 weeks, so I hope the game will be more stable right now for everyone.

The game has been advancing in terms of content and I've also been working on systems that would allow me to achieve what I wished for in the first place for the text game, by abandoning the time system and having all areas as open-world instead of a few but well developed ones.

yilkin

dl.rpdl.net
Donor
Feb 23, 2023
MalevolentPlanetUnity2D-D3.21LP
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

drawnto

Apr 24, 2022
I found it a blit glitchy restarting from old saves and replaying all over is also not so fun.

Tatsulover69

Sep 21, 2019
game is really full of visual bugs but annoying as it is i can't get past the second day it tells me to get dressed and the mechanic to get dressed says in development? wth

mo4444

Jul 21, 2017
Always freezes for me during the conservation with the physician (pretty much at the start of the game)

Xcritu

Sep 24, 2022
I had a great experience playing the HTML version.... first time I am playing the 2d version and it has been disappointing. Visual glitches... broken save games..... clunky interface. Heck I made a saved game and decided to reload it 5 minutes later and all the other characters had disappeared...... in fact every same game except perhaps the ones made at the beginning have disappearing NPCs....

Oh man... indeed the game is hella buggy.... I loaded a saved game where I finished the 1st hospital mission (1st day?). I did all the lewd stuff to get the bets results and made a saved game when it was finished..... but when I load that saved game... it seems that it loaded with the worst result possible.... check your global variables please.... it doesn't seem to be saving properly.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
2.30 star(s) 4 Votes