Airell

Developer of Love and Corruption
Game Developer
Aug 18, 2017
So the dev definitely discontinued the text version... I figured that was coming. 2D defo brings much more fans/support than text.

• Sad
Reactions: Virulenz

Hargan2

Nov 27, 2017
So the dev definitely discontinued the text version... I figured that was coming. 2D defo brings much more fans/support than text.
It seems so. Back at the start of 2023 I did write some scenes for them in hopes of maybe helping split the work to keep the text game alive while they focused on the unity version, but that ultimately went nowhere, and none of my scenes were ever added. We sort of just stopped talking, and then I switched jobs so I lost the free time to work on anything like that anyway. So yeah, the text game seems pretty much dead.

• Hey there
  • Sad
Reactions: Virulenz and Airell

Airell

Developer of Love and Corruption
Game Developer
Aug 18, 2017
It seems so. Back at the start of 2023 I did write some scenes for them in hopes of maybe helping split the work to keep the text game alive while they focused on the unity version, but that ultimately went nowhere, and none of my scenes were ever added. We sort of just stopped talking, and then I switched jobs so I lost the free time to work on anything like that anyway. So yeah, the text game seems pretty much dead.
Sorry to hear that, man, I hope things are going smooth for you now. And to conclude about this game, when he released the Unity version I knew that the text version would be abandoned, as a solo dev creating 2 games is not very feasible... It's not a surprise. Visuals brings much more support than text, too. The dev simply has no reason to continue with two versions.

Reactions: Hargan2

Virulenz

Engaged Member
Sep 27, 2017
Depends on the visuals, unity is almost always crap.
On the other hand, this game was to good to get completed, most good games get abandoned.

4.00 star(s) 6 Votes