Hargan2

Nov 27, 2017
Remember to keep the choices when it comes to dicks, my girl is currently still virgin and seduced lots of girls....the first unavoidable dick would be the reason to drop the game right away.
If you keep this in mind i hope you "get the job" to speed things up here ^^
Of course! I already have every intention of making all scenes I write avoidable. Like I said, we're still working things out but Sugarmint still retains creative control and veto power over anything I might submit, and they will continue to write scenes as well. My focus will probably be more on the dick and dick-adjacent content, given that I have the most experience writing those kinds of scenes, but rest assured that girl-on-girl will continue to be an option. If I do end up writing any myself, I will be happy to accept any and all (constructive) criticism.

This is, of course, assuming that I do end up writing for the game. It's always possible that my writing style or my abilities may not mesh well with Sugarmint's or may not meet their standards. I'm currently working with them to set up something small for me to write as a trial run. We shall see!

Reactions: Virulenz

Hargan2

Nov 27, 2017
Minor update: I've now done a small scene for Sugarmint (a new blackjack loss scene) and although it needed some minor revisions, it turned out nicely. I've learned enough about the game's style and feel that I am confident I can write good scenes that fit well into the game, and which won't require Sugarmint to constantly have to fix :ROFLMAO:

So, it would seem I am officially coming onboard as a writer on a volunteer basis. I can't promise this will speed up updates, but hopefully I can help make sure that each update is content-rich when it does come.

SugarMint

Game Developer
Feb 5, 2020
Any news on updates ?
Most of my focus has been on the 2D game so far, but thanks to Hargan2 's bug reports and volunteering for text content, I think it's a more surmountable task to release an update with more additions.
Remember to keep the choices when it comes to dicks, my girl is currently still virgin and seduced lots of girls....the first unavoidable dick would be the reason to drop the game right away.
If you keep this in mind i hope you "get the job" to speed things up here ^^
The choices are here to remain, there's no doubt about that. Hargan has been including choices in the scenes he's written similarly to how I developed scenes as well, so there should be no trouble.

iluvpink

Jan 11, 2019
This is one of my favorite games on this site so I was disappointed to see that it is taking a back seat to the Unity 2D version. I much prefer this version's interface, graphics, and visual style. To me, clumsily navigating an environment with a 2D character sprite in the newer version adds nothing positive to the experience, and the environmental design is uninteresting in comparison to this game.
Of course I understand that the creator needs to make (or remake) the game however they feel best expresses their ideas. My opinion is that they had already created a special game that was very enjoyable. It is a shame that they did not feel the same. I think everything is very well done in this version...the color scheme, the character designs, the control layout, the artwork, the story...and it all just seems very cohesive and professional. I wouldn't have guessed this was one person's project.

SugarMint

Game Developer
Feb 5, 2020
This is one of my favorite games on this site so I was disappointed to see that it is taking a back seat to the Unity 2D version. I much prefer this version's interface, graphics, and visual style. To me, clumsily navigating an environment with a 2D character sprite in the newer version adds nothing positive to the experience, and the environmental design is uninteresting in comparison to this game.
Of course I understand that the creator needs to make (or remake) the game however they feel best expresses their ideas. My opinion is that they had already created a special game that was very enjoyable. It is a shame that they did not feel the same. I think everything is very well done in this version...the color scheme, the character designs, the control layout, the artwork, the story...and it all just seems very cohesive and professional. I wouldn't have guessed this was one person's project.
The text game isn't abandoned. Thanks a lot for the kind words regarding the project, I will detail below why I made the switch:

Regarding the text game, I made design mistakes in the beginning by overdeveloping content areas instead of focusing on a more cohesive main story plot. Instead of making it clear where the player needs to go, I've spent a lot of time developing content in areas that need a lot of clicking around to figure out whether there's content there or not.

I was writing a lot of text that was unfortunately hard to reach, and this couldn't really be fixed without starting over from the beginning. At the same time, I got a bit tired of describing everything (eg. "You walk through the dry desert, wearing your explorer hat as a first line of defense against the blinding light of the sun." (not the best example, but it's enough)) and there's a reason why 2D art are often more popular than text games, it doesn't take a lot of energy to imagine the environment when you can clearly see it.

The 2D game is a breath of fresh air compared to the monotonous routine of writing text and drawing scenes, with little in between except for design choices. At the same time, it helped me rethink why I started developing this game/universe and I arrived at the conclusions I've put down in a .

Other than that, unity allows me to animate scenes. In the text game, the closest I could get would have been to buy live2d which was too expensive considering how much the project was earning in comparison. There's also more focus on character art in general, together with more expressive poses. There are other benefits, but it's difficult to lay them all out in one post.

Of course, I understand why your preference might lean towards the text game. Development on that isn't over, it's just done at a different pace, at least content-wise. Mechanics-wise, my ambitious ideas turned out to lead to plenty of bugs that are hard to settle as a solo dev so on that side the 2D game will get most of the attention because I have some interesting plans regarding the combat and the gameplay loop.

These weeks I'm preparing an update for the text game, I need to organize my schedule to fit in some art together with adding some scenes Hargan2 wrote. Every new scene needs a bit of testing, because it's a bit more complicated than just copy pasting text. There's a lot of syntax to write when adding new scenes to make sure you don't have to scroll down a lot and easily lose track of what you were reading.

SugarMint

Game Developer
Feb 5, 2020
The text game isn't abandoned. Thanks a lot for the kind words regarding the project, I will detail below why I made the switch:

Regarding the text game, I made design mistakes in the beginning by overdeveloping content areas instead of focusing on a more cohesive main story plot. Instead of making it clear where the player needs to go, I've spent a lot of time developing content in areas that need a lot of clicking around to figure out whether there's content there or not.

I was writing a lot of text that was unfortunately hard to reach, and this couldn't really be fixed without starting over from the beginning. At the same time, I got a bit tired of describing everything (eg. "You walk through the dry desert, wearing your explorer hat as a first line of defense against the blinding light of the sun." (not the best example, but it's enough)) and there's a reason why 2D art are often more popular than text games, it doesn't take a lot of energy to imagine the environment when you can clearly see it.

The 2D game is a breath of fresh air compared to the monotonous routine of writing text and drawing scenes, with little in between except for design choices. At the same time, it helped me rethink why I started developing this game/universe and I arrived at the conclusions I've put down in a .

Other than that, unity allows me to animate scenes. In the text game, the closest I could get would have been to buy live2d which was too expensive considering how much the project was earning in comparison. There's also more focus on character art in general, together with more expressive poses. There are other benefits, but it's difficult to lay them all out in one post.

Of course, I understand why your preference might lean towards the text game. Development on that isn't over, it's just done at a different pace, at least content-wise. Mechanics-wise, my ambitious ideas turned out to lead to plenty of bugs that are hard to settle as a solo dev so on that side the 2D game will get most of the attention because I have some interesting plans regarding the combat and the gameplay loop.

These weeks I'm preparing an update for the text game, I need to organize my schedule to fit in some art together with adding some scenes Hargan2 wrote. Every new scene needs a bit of testing, because it's a bit more complicated than just copy pasting text. There's a lot of syntax to write when adding new scenes to make sure you don't have to scroll down a lot and easily lose track of what you were reading.
There's also the fact that on the financial side the text game was struggling and it's not really sustainable to put in so many hours for so little return. Bills have to be paid, food has gotten more expensive, electricity, energy, pretty much everything has doubled or tripled in price.

I have faith the 2D game can reach a bigger market and introduce more people to the universe than the text game could, at least if I do it properly. The two games are supposed to advertise each other, that's why the text game is presented as the "manga" and the 2d game as the "anime" based on the manga.

Reactions: riadhloch and 6 God

GTK/HLK

Sep 28, 2017
Great work so far, all can say is that at first was confused with the split, but after doing some reading it makes more sense(on why i was confused in the first place)
seeing as many games relying on HTML, or other engines being text-based, while other engines still make text-based, the only difference being the amount of visuals.(or like in some now, the majority here will know it exist games, dont have visual representations on a map, but work the same like in the other version)

Can only hope success..,(but success means different things to many)

Definetly fall under those more interested in this version over the other.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Though personally feels like my original confusion was due to other games having all these things of the sister version and original version melded together from the start.

i followed the sister 2D game and i may try it out

Best of luck/wishes to the development.

(Great art btw, if it wasnt clear enough, i like both here in the original version, and the sister version. Just feel like ill miss either or between them/size. and reading the sister thread, i honestly feel like a slow remade intro might work on the original, but at that point like said, might need a strong backend. but thats just me imagining its potential, but holding back knowing there is only so much one creator can do. even if they go all the way down to the atom. Where there is will, there is way. The vision isnt lost on the past.)

SugarMint

Game Developer
Feb 5, 2020
Great work so far, all can say is that at first was confused with the split, but after doing some reading it makes more sense(on why i was confused in the first place)
seeing as many games relying on HTML, or other engines being text-based, while other engines still make text-based, the only difference being the amount of visuals.(or like in some now, the majority here will know it exist games, dont have visual representations on a map, but work the same like in the other version)

Can only hope success..,(but success means different things to many)

Definetly fall under those more interested in this version over the other.
Though personally feels like my original confusion was due to other games having all these things of the sister version and original version melded together from the start.

i followed the sister 2D game and i may try it out

Best of luck/wishes to the development.

(Great art btw, if it wasnt clear enough, i like both here in the original version, and the sister version. Just feel like ill miss either or between them/size. and reading the sister thread, i honestly feel like a slow remade intro might work on the original, but at that point like said, might need a strong backend. but thats just me imagining its potential, but holding back knowing there is only so much one creator can do. even if they go all the way down to the atom. Where there is will, there is way. The vision isnt lost on the past.)
Thanks a lot for sharing your feedback and for your understanding :) Regarding your last point, well, I'm one person. In addition to development I have other jobs that require my time, energy, and effort. The codebase of the text game is so large at this point that the effort required to even think about adding the intro there would be tremendous.

However, Hargan2 has been writing some scenes for the text game that I've yet to add and draw, so I think you'll find a bit more of the old art style in the text game sooner or later.

The 2D game makes many things easier, it feels like I can put more effort into writing dialogues which consequently can make them better rather than spending a lot of mental energy on describing the environment and other details. I'm abiding by "show, don't tell" which is easier in a more visual format.

At the same time, development in Unity isn't bug free so that actually takes a ton of my time as well. Maybe in the future if the Patreon will become more sustainable I'll be able to make a team or coordinate with another team to make things better overall, but as it stands there's only so much one person can do.

demidemon

Aug 31, 2016
Thanks a lot for sharing your feedback and for your understanding :) Regarding your last point, well, I'm one person. In addition to development I have other jobs that require my time, energy, and effort. The codebase of the text game is so large at this point that the effort required to even think about adding the intro there would be tremendous.

However, Hargan2 has been writing some scenes for the text game that I've yet to add and draw, so I think you'll find a bit more of the old art style in the text game sooner or later.

The 2D game makes many things easier, it feels like I can put more effort into writing dialogues which consequently can make them better rather than spending a lot of mental energy on describing the environment and other details. I'm abiding by "show, don't tell" which is easier in a more visual format.
2D game can be very immersive when you actually control a character and explore the world. However, to achieve the "show, don't tell" effect in a 2D game is just as difficult. The perspective, lighting, size and proportion of all the objects, sounds, interactions with the environment... Level design is so deep especially when travel time is taken into account, how much do you think the players will experience when they move from one end to another? How do the environment capture players attention during those few seconds of travelling and implement your "show, don't tell" rule? All these can be just as challenging and interesting as text based game. Good luck with the 2D game, take your time and enjoy the development while making a great game!

Reactions: SugarMint

str8up

Engaged Member
Jun 4, 2020
i was tempted to play this game BUT after reading about how your working on a unity version now im hesitasnt as ive seen many situations like this and short story long game often ends up abandoned
so ill ask what is your intentions with THIS game?are you going to complete it or kick it to the curb and continue with your unity build? i want to play your game but im conflicted with what to do
should i wait for unity version OR will this one get completed?

SugarMint

Game Developer
Feb 5, 2020
i was tempted to play this game BUT after reading about how your working on a unity version now im hesitasnt as ive seen many situations like this and short story long game often ends up abandoned
so ill ask what is your intentions with THIS game?are you going to complete it or kick it to the curb and continue with your unity build? i want to play your game but im conflicted with what to do
should i wait for unity version OR will this one get completed?
Right now I'm focusing on the unity build, but there'll be an update for the text game sooner or later. The issue is that the unity game will outpace the text game in terms of story development, and both of them have big scopes that prevent the story from being finished anytime soon.

str8up

Engaged Member
Jun 4, 2020
Right now I'm focusing on the unity build, but there'll be an update for the text game sooner or later. The issue is that the unity game will outpace the text game in terms of story development, and both of them have big scopes that prevent the story from being finished anytime soon.
ok well ill wait it out for the unity version then best of luck to :)

Reactions: SugarMint

Ergast

May 31, 2017
After what Unity came out with good luck.
Let's be honest here, if they don't go back from what they said, Unity is going to bankrupt VERY fast. Problems I foresee include Nintendo sending their ninja lawyers against them. There ARE Nintendo games that use Unity, after all (Pokemon go, the remakes of Diamond and Pear and Fire Emblem Engage come to mind, by example). Or noone using it because it is really exploitable and can cause money loses to the developers that use it, if a group of hackers decide to fuck x developer in particular.

Siren0

Jun 25, 2023
Hello Dev, thoughts on people modding or adding in content for this? I have scene ideas, but I know you've been busy and doubt they would even be in the scope of the main game anyway.

Reactions: Yuaiji Liu
4.00 star(s) 6 Votes