.Inko

Nov 9, 2018
To avoid the spa dream, you'd probably need to not sleep at all. I'm working on spacing out the dreams in the next updates, so they won't happen one after another and they'd instead happen at random intervals such as the 5th time you go to sleep, you'd get the first dream.
I initially hoped that'd work as well. Anna's quest however forces the player to sleep and triggers the dreams anyways.

I've also noticed this error when drinking coffee with Ted. Just in case that hasn't been found yet.
1634052784057.png

coretex

Jun 15, 2017
Heres some example saves for the clothes render layer issue.

So.. first file is just before changing clothes to go do the quick visit to the human camp and back for pre-break comparison.

2nd is changing clothes to something involving one of the affected pieces (tested with single clothing items, a suit, dress, full-body onepiece; those alone dont seem to trigger)
and then trying to reload that save.. wont load.

--removed as issue resovled

Last edited:

anotheruser

Sep 1, 2018
Anybody know what the 11 megabyte "MB Starter Pack 2021v4.abr" file is for? My file manager claims it's which seems like an unlikely game component.

SugarMint

Game Developer
Feb 5, 2020
I initially hoped that'd work as well. Anna's quest however forces the player to sleep and triggers the dreams anyways.

I've also noticed this error when drinking coffee with Ted. Just in case that hasn't been found yet.
View attachment 1449374
Thanks a lot for the report. I've fixed this and all instances where the tags are used for reaction events (some require exposing cleavage or pants that accentuate the curvature of the hips).

So.. first file is just before changing clothes to go do the quick visit to the human camp and back for pre-break comparison.

2nd is changing clothes to something involving one of the affected pieces (tested with single clothing items, a suit, dress, full-body onepiece; those alone dont seem to trigger)
Thanks a lot! I'll use them to figure out where this bug comes from and hopefully fix it as soon as possible.

The latest version (I loaded from TF Game Site but should be the same as the one here) has a funny mis-tagging that enables the PC to run around with only a jacket on. Not that I want to complain :LOL:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Oops… Yeah, it thinks that since you're wearing an item that belongs to the "special" slot, you're wearing clothes underneath too. I'll check out that code and see what I can do.

Anybody know what the 11 megabyte "MB Starter Pack 2021v4.abr" file is for? My file manager claims it's which seems like an unlikely game component.
My apologies, that's a PhotoShop brushes file. No idea how it ended up in the game's folder, but I deleted it and it won't show up in any of the next builds.

SugarMint

Game Developer
Feb 5, 2020

View attachment 1449374
I've updated the main post with the latest zip. The saves from your version should work and the error shouldn't show up anymore.

Using the saves you sent me, I figured out the problem. Thanks again for uploading them.

I've updated the main post with the latest build. Even broken saves (the ones with the render error) should load fine now.

Raisa95

Oct 27, 2018
Hi there,

I'm stuck at the moment in game where i have to wear " old school outfit "and i don't know which clothes are those, as there are many of them to choose.

Hargan2

Nov 27, 2017
Hi there,

I'm stuck at the moment in game where i have to wear " old school outfit "and i don't know which clothes are those, as there are many of them to choose.
I think it's this outfit, I'm unsure if underwear/shoes matter.

SugarMint

Game Developer
Feb 5, 2020
Hi there,

I think it's this outfit, I'm unsure if underwear/shoes matter.

I'm working on a better UX/UI to make it easier for you to know which clothes you need to get. Those clothes are of type "school" so I only need to display that better.

Virulenz

Engaged Member
Sep 27, 2017
First time, so new character, start from beginning and no leftover save/temp files. Ignore the already mentioned bugs, i wrote this text while playing the game to collect everything ^^

After saving the crew i get asked if i want the torturial and if i click yes i get an "Apologies! An error has occured...Error: Script error" warning. As far as i can tell it still works, but i dont think the error was planned ^^
Same for the next site of the torturial.

If you flee out of the shower you get:
Error: <<set>>: bad evaluation: Cannot read property '0' of undefined
<<set _title to $notifications.list[0][0]>>
Error: <<set>>: bad evaluation: Cannot read property '1' of undefined
<<set _message to $notifications.list[0][1]>>
Error: <<set>>: bad evaluation: Cannot read property '2' of undefined
<<set _duration to $notifications.list[0][2]>>

Another script error if you help the woman in the onsen (dream? memory?) to find her lost item...btw, you need to add the option to kick the perverted fuckers in the balls...even in nightmares i wouldnt allow guys to touch me without killing them ^^

After that wannabe-pimps disappointment (no socialized gangbang for his noble friends) there is a </p> at the end of his text that needs to be recycled as well ^^

Beginning of the "camping trip": He was pretty happy when you found out you’re coming, too...should be "he" not "you"

While slaughtering plants and tentacles to get morris samples the result screen says i can see the amount of the vials in my inventory...but my inventory shows only money, gun, stungun and coffee...btw, the lust stat is hidden under the the character pic, so it should either be placed somewhere else or the pic needs to go in the background or resized.

After getting away from the orcs with sarah she calls you emma in front of the bar. Dunno if its a leftover from a version without the ability to enter your name or if its the shock, but there is no emma in my game ^^

Hmm...did i reach the end of content? Looks like it...

Oh, not a bug but the timed notifications (blue auto-close popups) are hidden under the stat changes (purity, modesty, dominance...) and mostly already gone after clicking the static things away, so i missed almost all of them.

If the clothes have any status effects or protection levels, you may add them somewhere so you know if you can take some hits or not. If they are only decorative you may add a save outfit function for lazy people who dont want to pick the same stuff over and over again.
And i needed to search in this forum to find the school outfit, you really need to overhaul this, perhaps with some hover function with description...btw, i still wear the mask from the festival, cant get rid of it, even with trying to replace it with the helmet.

Blackjack needs an overhaul...either it shows the previous cards or it counts the points, but you need to know where you stand before you hit or stay. Currently unplayable, so i hope there is no hidden quest in it...but if its just strip blackjack with the guys i wont waste my time or torture my poor eyes with it ^^

Suggestion for the drink game at the party, the question about same sex should get some "same sex only" option as well..."maybe" is no proper answer for a pure lesbian like me ^^
And there was no need to involve ted in the end of spin the bottle, it was the biggest turn off in the whole game...please add a 3. option to keep the guys out of this and just enjoy the girls...it sucks enough to lose 2 charm levels on the way, no need to get defiled too...

I made the side quests before the main quest and was already wondering about the festival (related to morris the party-grinch). Later, after following the main story, i found out about the festival...so maybe it would be wise to not mention it in the party planning, it just confuses people who do the side quests before the main quest ^^

Sep 3, 2018
...btw, i still wear the mask from the festival, cant get rid of it, even with trying to replace it with the helmet.

Suggestion for the drink game at the party, the question about same sex should get some "same sex only" option as well..."maybe" is no proper answer for a pure lesbian like me ^^
And there was no need to involve ted in the end of spin the bottle, it was the biggest turn off in the whole game...please add a 3. option to keep the guys out of this and just enjoy the girls...it sucks enough to lose 2 charm levels on the way, no need to get defiled too...
I have the stuck mask problem as well, can't get rid of it no matter what I do.

And I agree with you entirely, there are male and female characters in the game so let us decide if we want to play straight, bi, or lesbian. The latter means no forced dialogue of being attracted to or doing anything with men, and the ability to always decline, avoid, and / or state disinterest in any activity with men.

In the case of forced sex, I would recommend that when the player selects an option that will lead to forced sex (especially with a man) an interruption page says "Warning: this option will lead to non-consensual sex, would you like to go back and make a different choice?". Then the player can choose to continue that path or not, depending on if they want that sort of content or not.

Reactions: Ashani

Back

Aug 3, 2017
Just started to play Malevolent Planet the other day (so I'm not sure how much of the game I've already covered in the current, online 0.2.1 Public version), but I must say it's a pretty solid start! There's a few hiccups in the writing but it's mostly well-written which is important for a text-based game. Of the (original) art I've come across, it's quite good! These include character art, UI graphics, and even backgrounds. Honestly, there was more art in it than I expected.

Going in blind, I'm glad, as a player, I can make "wise" decisions for the main character without feeling railroaded too much. Also, an honorable mention about the avatar system. Despite a few bugs, it seems to be working well within the game. I'm not big about having an overly complicated avatar system in games but I appreciate that the devs for this didn't need to take years to create it and to implement it into their game -- unlike some other devs (i.e., Crushstation of the infamous Female Agent game). SugarMint seems to be very competent in developing the game and appears to have ambitious goals with their plans. Here's hoping the game won't suddenly burn out or become a drag. Again, bravo to the dev team for a real solid start so far! Cheers and good luck to them! (y)

Cr3bble600

Jan 5, 2020
Gonna need more specifics. Are you using a PC or Mobile? What browser are you using? Is your HTML file in the same folder as your images folder?
im using pc on chrome. And no the html file isnt in the same folder as the image folder

Apr 8, 2021
I have just started playing this game and I have to congratulate SugarMint. From my point of view, the game is outstanding. You have to take really intelligent decisions. The plot is great. I like the combat system and the clues (and all the information) you can find in your smartwatch. I also like that the decisions you take could change your personality (charming - seductive, exhibitionist - modest, etc.: maybe this could be a bit more evident during the game.) It would be nice (this is a personal opinion) if you could clearly choose whether being only into boys or only into girls or even into both of them.

Anyway it is a great game and I would like to reassert my congratulations to SugarMint.

4.00 star(s) 6 Votes