dragonwing

Oct 4, 2017
I have a weird bug thats shows up in every version I have tried. From mega to itch.io to nopy. Not a single one of them has any health or energy displayed at any point (including character creation) and when I get into a fight there are no action buttons at all which causes a softlock. I've turned all my extensions off, my AV, tried incognito mode but still nada. There be something weird going on here.
Got the same problem, no health or energy bars, no button controls in combat. I kinda suspect it's got nothing to do with the browser. Problem exists on both Firefox and Edge, with or without extensions, normal or incognito window.

1633934048731.png

menatv

Dec 6, 2019
Also I take it that prior saves from the last version of the game don't work either. A month or so ago I played this game and had a couple of saves. Now none of the save work. Keep getting an error each time I tried to load.

SugarMint

Game Developer
Feb 5, 2020
Amazing game, the writing is great and the art quality is fantastic and supplements the writing well. I especially like that there's a good spread of scenes for taking a more dominant approach, a lot of female protag games seem to suffer from the curse of "you have to play as a sub to see the majority of scenes/playing as a dominant personality means turning down sex scenes." I hope things keep developing in this way, with no personality/route feeling left out. I especially love all the teasing you can do, like after you spill coffee on your chest or while you're exercising. I'd love to see even more of that kind of thing, or for existing scenes to be taken further (like for the option to give Ted some hands-on action after the coffee spill rather than just some staring.)

Minor nitpick- the UI is great, but less suited for Android devices (I use a tablet and it works fairly well, but the side screens obscure the text so I have to keep them closed most of the time.) Not a huge issue and certainly not something that kept me from enjoying the game.

Personal request: I'd love to see a gangbang scene where the protag is more in control. The only scene I've found that could qualify as a gangbang is the dinner scene where she gets fucked after eating a bunch of aphrodisiac food and while it was great, the protag was fairly passive and not really in contrl since she was basically drugged, as I recall. It's possible I missed options somewhere, I haven't done a comprehensive exploration of all available content, but I'd love to see a scene where the protag makes a conscious choice to get fucked by a bunch of aliens.
Thanks a lot for the very kind words. I've been putting a lot of work into factoring the multiple preferences people often have. Going forward it will be the same, but I've implemented a few RPG mechanics that will make your choices matter more along the game.

UI is pretty difficult, even more so when building it for multiple devices as a sole developer. I hope I'll have enough knowledge sometime soon to make a bunch of media rules that will work for every device in part without spending too much time on them.

About the gangbang scene, I'll see what I can do ;)

I would suggest that in future updates, a job for Emma at the bar, which could influence her reputation at the bar, depending on her and customers' behavior, so the bartender could or may not offer her the option to work as a prostitute at the bar. at night, in case that's interesting for the game. it's just a suggestion
There are new RPG mechanics that will help with this. There's a sex worker job line planned amongst the three, so I can connect it together to that one when it comes to it, depending on how smoothly the job transition can be developed.

I'm glad the blackmailer's coming back. To be honest, scenes like that (where the MC is coerced) and the shower scenes (where the MC can act slutty) are the two major types of content I like in a female protagonist game. The more 'lighter' sorts of content, like romance based stuff, generally doesn't interest me much.

Speaking of those shower scenes, I have a suggestion: making repeated scenes have slight variations. I'm not talking total overhauls, just a few edits here and there to indicate that it isn't the first time the scene has happened.
About your first point, that's why I try to see the content from multiple perspectives and what actions players would like to take in general. Your own preference is definitely accounted for.

About your second point, I wanted to make repeated scenes as well, but I thought they'd make more sense for a more dynamic progression line such as a job or whatever, where a scene in day 1 can be foreplay for a scene in day 2 and so on, making repeated playthroughs more exciting.

Is there, or will there be a way to avoid the spa dream?
Or is there a way for you not to get groped that I missed?
To avoid the spa dream, you'd probably need to not sleep at all. I'm working on spacing out the dreams in the next updates, so they won't happen one after another and they'd instead happen at random intervals such as the 5th time you go to sleep, you'd get the first dream.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Sorry for this, I've just released and updates the download links with the hotfix build (which contains fixes for this and the other critical bugs reported so far).
It's a consequence of having too much code to account for, especially code that needs to be updated when bigger changes are made to the underneath systems.

Yep, that's been reported a couple times on the discord. I'm sure the dev will release a hotfix soon but if you don't want to wait then you can get around it by skipping to the sandbox portion of the game.
A hotfix has been released :)

I have a weird bug thats shows up in every version I have tried. From mega to itch.io to nopy. Not a single one of them has any health or energy displayed at any point (including character creation) and when I get into a fight there are no action buttons at all which causes a softlock. I've turned all my extensions off, my AV, tried incognito mode but still nada. There be something weird going on here.
I didn't notice this at all before, but you're right. The stats aren't showing as they should. Until I can figure this out, there's a numerical representation of your stats in the smartwatch menu.

The no action buttons is fixed now in the latest hotfix. I've uploaded the download links.

Encountered an Error. Not the first one!
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Edit - Not able to proceed from this scene no matter which of the 2 option I choose. [ Ignore the flowers and move forward, crouch and smell it]. Its stuck. Too many errors.
It's been fixed, sorry.

Does your customization of the female character reflect with the images used?
Or is the same orange haired character?
Only the default preset. It's impossible to draw for every variation. At most, what can be done is filtering the skin/hair colors in code to be closer to your options, but I'm learning differential equations to be able to do that properly.

If you mean the images that show during sex scenes and events, it's the same orange-haired character. This can be immersion-breaking, but since the dev is the writer, programmer, and artist, they probably don't have the time to make variant images for every hair color. I usually just play the default hair color to avoid any disconnect between the art and character.
That's true, not only there's no time but also not very possible. Every drawing would have too many variations and it'd just multiply the workload I have.

Right. Not customizing the character then so it won't be jarring.
One of my favorite games! I'm into the sort of fetishes explored in this story (which is well written), and as a professional artist myself I am greatly impressed with the artwork...it just keeps getting better and better!
Thanks a lot :) I'm very glad to hear this from another artist.

I am also having this issue, both with chrome and firefox.
Should be fixed now.

Reactions: Saminthemountain

SugarMint

Game Developer
Feb 5, 2020
Got the same problem, no health or energy bars, no button controls in combat. I kinda suspect it's got nothing to do with the browser. Problem exists on both Firefox and Edge, with or without extensions, normal or incognito window.

View attachment 1447283
The button controls in combat should work now in the latest hotfix, but the stats will take a while to figure out. There are icons supposed to lit up depending on how much health/energy/lust your character has and I'm not sure what happened.

There are numerical values for all the stats in the smartwatch menu at least, on the Character Screen.

Also I take it that prior saves from the last version of the game don't work either. A month or so ago I played this game and had a couple of saves. Now none of the save work. Keep getting an error each time I tried to load.
Can you upload a save? I can use it to debug and make it work. I've tried loading some of my older saves and it worked.

So it has devolved to play-dolls. Oh, well.
Clothes and so on have been developed on the side, with content as the main focus. Until now, clothes didn't really matter in the game. However, future content will account for the currently equipped clothes for specific scenes/actions.

anon6076

Nov 24, 2018
However, future content will account for the currently equipped clothes for specific scenes/actions.
Sort of like with healing scene that required putting on specific clothes? Or will it trigger different scenes depending on attire?

Dunno, sounds like additional bother, like all those sim-life on qsp, with checking for food/water/lust/tampons/putting on sport pants/makeup/shampoo/whatever. And multitude of clothes always mean the same - either play doll, or listing through to get specific cloth to trigger scene.

SugarMint

Game Developer
Feb 5, 2020
Sort of like with healing scene that required putting on specific clothes? Or will it trigger different scenes depending on attire?

Dunno, sounds like additional bother, like all those sim-life on qsp, with checking for food/water/lust/tampons/putting on sport pants/makeup/shampoo/whatever. And multitude of clothes always mean the same - either play doll, or listing through to get specific cloth to trigger scene.
More like having the choice to tease someone in a particular way and having the chance of failing/succeeding based on the NPC's preferences and of your clothes' stats.

For example, picking a teasing choice and wearing a shirt that exposes more cleavage than others would have a higher chance of succeeding on a NPC that's very excited by the sight of bare skin. It may not have the same effect over a NPC that's more likely to be excited by what lies underneath modest clothes and being teased with the idea and not the display.

So the action is there, it can be picked at any time, but it can either fail or succeed. Code-wise, the clothes are designed to be grouped together so you don't need to wear specific clothing, just a type of clothing.

It makes sense in content that involves something like using the ship's gym room. You can't really exercise in a pair of tight jeans and a coat, but you can exercise by wearing clothes of the type "sports".

I wanted to make clothes and choices you make seem more important overall, otherwise they'd just be visual candy.

afc2112

Jan 4, 2018
I don't see any controls for fighting. So I'm just stuck looking at Malevolent plants or tentacles.

Hargan2

Nov 27, 2017
I don't see any controls for fighting. So I'm just stuck looking at Malevolent plants or tentacles.
Sounds like you're on the old version from yesterday, a new hotfix build was released earlier today that fixes that issue

Is there a vaginal sex scene ?

not lesbian
There's plenty of straight vaginal sex, yes.

Penda Offa

Feb 24, 2020
How do you defeat the Sharnul? I can defeat its protectors, but it always overwhelms me with lust

Last edited:

SugarMint

Game Developer
Feb 5, 2020
Sounds like you're on the old version from yesterday, a new hotfix build was released earlier today that fixes that issue

There's plenty of straight vaginal sex, yes.
Thanks for sharing the info with people.

How do you defeat the Sharnul? I can defeat its protectors, but it always overwhelms me with lust
It's very easy to bring it down by attacking it with energy attacks. Even more so if you manage to land a critical hit on it before the encounter. The combat system needs some improvements that would make things like this more intuitive, but it needs a lot of thinking and implementing.

SugarMint

Game Developer
Feb 5, 2020
I have encountered this same issue.
chrome_2021-10-12_11-15-46.png

The stats not showing bug has been fixed as well. Unfortunately I don't think I can release a second hotfix just for this, because I'd need to update the archives again and that would complicate things.

The safest option I have right now, other than waiting for the next version, is to upload the fixed .HTML file to this post. So, if the non-visible stats bother you, you can download the archive and replace the index.html from the game's folder with this one.

Reactions: dragonwing

menatv

Dec 6, 2019
Here is one error that I got from a prior save. Weird that 2 other saves that day seem to work just fine. <shrug>

Screenshot 2021-10-12 at 03-52-08 Malevolent Planet v0 2 1 by SugarMint.png

menatv

Dec 6, 2019
Well, it's in my browser (as opposed to save to disk). Is there an easy way to find it and then attach it?

SugarMint

Game Developer
Feb 5, 2020
Well, it's in my browser (as opposed to save to disk). Is there an easy way to find it and then attach it?
There's an option to save to disk. I'm not sure how to save a cached save locally, but you can load it then save it to disk like this.

chrome_2021-10-12_13-54-27.png

menatv

Dec 6, 2019
Yeah, I know that -- I save to disk usually now. But the safe in question is in the browser somewhere. And I can't load it to save to the disk. Oh well...I just went from another save anyway to continue. Sorry I couldn't be of more help with that.

Reactions: SugarMint
4.00 star(s) 6 Votes