VN Ren'Py Completed Malformation Of The Desired Heaven [v1.0] [Mannered Gentleman]

nielsen145

Donor
Oct 29, 2019
What things (big or little) did each of you find in the story and overview that were negative towards women, please?

(I do not like anything derogatory against anyone :mad:--there are many games here I won't touch--but my interest is piqued because I have lived in remote villages among many different peoples and cultures, under various religious-political circumstances, and I wish to know how the women in the game are portrayed.)

e-d :)
what i meant is, the ex soldier, has only one thing in his, pussy, heck even saying to humilate her, to his friend, among other things and they never met, any normal human being, with little empthy will try to stop him.
he is getting help, from someone, that is not a friend of the MC and started to pretend to be, so after she tells that to her mother, she should have made a ton of questions, instead of going along.
the overall feel, the way it was written, feel like a rape story incoming, mostly because of the lack of empthy from several characters.
the 2nd feel is, women is being looking down on, i can live with that, as its common, but it feels like it took a step even further and reminds me of pre 1800s, so unless its an amish community she lives in.
well myself, iam from a small town with 30k citizens living here.

Reactions: e-disfunction

iodio

Jul 10, 2017
What things (big or little) did each of you find in the story and overview that were negative towards women, please?

(I do not like anything derogatory against anyone :mad:--there are many games here I won't touch--but my interest is piqued because I have lived in remote villages among many different peoples and cultures, under various religious-political circumstances, and I wish to know how the women in the game are portrayed.)
Here is just an example from the first dialogues in the game:

This is how the main character (in truth, she's not the only one for whom we make "deicisions", it's not even properly a "female protagonist" game) is presented: "Allison is a modest, well mannered 19y old girl (...) she always tried to (...) keep herself pure, for the sake of any gentleman, who is willing to marry her and provide the security, until death do them part."
(...)
The mother speaking to her daughter Allison, who is depressed because she's bullied at school for being a prude: "(...) good people will be always oppressed but (...) you will meet a caring man soon and you will forget the wrongdoers in an instance."
(...)
Allison: "Why do I need to be the only girl without male attention?! Why is every girl from the school already engaged or married?! (...)"
(...)
The mother trying to make her daughter smile: "You'll see, soon you'll be super busy raising my grandchildren."
Allison: "How can you be so sure about that, mom?"
Mother: "Because YOU deserve it! YOU, will have a caring husband and YOU will live a life full of joy!"
Allison: "(...) I will be waiting patiently, mom, I promise. (...)"
Mother: "Darling, you won't fail. You're a beautiful and modest young lady. (...)

The setting is contemporary (they talk about the Gulf war in Iraq and say it was five years before... I don't know which Gulf war they are referring to, but even if it is the first one [1990-1991] we are in the Nineties of the 20th century), but women are described as half witted people that are to be complete and happy only in marriage and being with a man, their only desire and aspiration is to marry a man. That's some seriously derogatory backward vision on women.

And that's only the beginning. Then the part described by nielsen145 starts, where the rapey mentality of two males is presented. But I found that less surprising/concerning, that's a given in at least half of these games...

e-disfunction

Jun 1, 2019
what i meant is, the ex soldier, ...
the 2nd feel is, ...
Here is just an example from the first dialogues in the game:
This is how the main character is presented: ...
Thank you both. I understand (and agree with) your concerns of how the women are portrayed and possibly treated so far in this VN.

As the novel seems to be in its infancy and there are still many things we don't know about all the characters (*and* the setting, genre, history, plot, etc.), there are still many opportunities for this "adventure" to change direction and unfold.

For example, this could be a horror story where Allison overcomes a terrible nightmare by her own resources and discovers her own identity & strengths beyond the control of her stifling mother :). There are also other examples of plots where the treatment of women stays the same or becomes worse than now :rolleyes:. (Personally, I won't pay attention to this VN for at least six months and hope the direction of the writing and intentions of the writer become more clear by then.)

And to be fair to all villages and townsfolk (isolated or otherwise), I haven't seen *anything* about the characters in Malformation of a Desired Heaven that can't be as easily found in a workplace, boardroom, mainstream religion, or broadcast news of the cities I have lived in of whatever sizes. So I think (hope?) it is safe to say that the "isolated village" of Malformation... is just a setting for the plot and not a cause or justification of the characters and their ideals. (y)

There are so many ways this novel might develop, yet.

e-d

e-disfunction

Jun 1, 2019
That's true, but I won't hold my breath!
The premises, the writing and the innuendos of the first release are steering in a direction that I personally dislike, but I would be happy to be proven wrong, of course.
I wouldn't bet against you. :)
e-d

JonasSnr

Sep 25, 2018
That's true, but I won't hold my breath!
The premises, the writing and the innuendos of the first release are steering in a direction that I personally dislike, but I would be happy to be proven wrong, of course.
I agree, and i only got to the two meat heads in the bar before deleting the game, i will not play this type of shit at any time!

Woman are not a piece of meat, they are our equals and deserve our love and protection, not like the meat heads talk about, just so 70s. Not coming back to this game anytime soon, so dev put your thinking cap on and make a better game, as this piece of shit is on ignore!!

Reactions: e-disfunction

iOtero

Aug 4, 2020
It's a matter of personal taste, but it seems to me that female characters have no physical appeal. I haven't seen three uglier female faces together in any game... I'm not trying to offend anyone, if I do, my apologies. But that's my modest opinion.
--------------------
Es una cuestión de gustos personales, pero a mí me parece que los personajes femeninos no tienen ningún atractivo físico. No había visto tres caras femeninas más feas juntas en ningún juego... No trato de ofender a nadie, si lo hago, mis disculpas. Pero esa es mi modesta opinión.

FookU2

Engaged Member
Jan 23, 2018
Looks like the dev got tired of it and slapped a completed tag on it. This lasted like 5 minutes. lol
Welp...more wasted data