RPGM Abandoned Malise And The Machine [v0.0511] [Eromancer]

3.70 star(s) 9 Votes

Yevaud6

Aug 25, 2016
last post on the patreon is May 10th so...possibly not? All the posts are behind a paywall. but at least the date and frequency of the posts I saw support the fact that the patreon isn't dead at least. I didn't see any other projects on the page so that leads me to beleive they're updates about this project.

Lanard

Oct 27, 2016
One of the supporters posted a quick summary of what this month development update is about on a russian website: "devs were working on soundtrack, game engine and story in general, not a single word about update release date".

Halexx

Aug 28, 2016
If this game didn't already have a massive framework behind it, I would say it's dead as fuck.

Lanard

Oct 27, 2016
It's mostly the discussions outside their patreon that are dead. Also there are scraps of info posted on their tumblr, and new post on blogspot. Anyway, according to new post from one of the supporters, devs have been busy with updating and polishing modified engine (again), redrawing characters (again); also some guy from dev team published a document with 100+ pages of game story and plot.

Reactions: Halexx

RM

May 25, 2017
Pledged $15 this month since I'm a sucker for soundtracks and that's the tier you get it at, sat at $3 a couple months waiting for more substantial updates, but they've been focusing on story/framework/behind the scenes stuff mainly, which is a double-edged sword of sorts, anyway here's spoilers for the past however many inner circle updates:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

tl:dr; of the tl:dr; - they're working on background stuff, have design documents/images/technobabble to back up what they're doing (they are actually working) but little gameplay, not much point pledging until an update comes unless you're interested in behind the scenes game design in action. Side-comment, each of these updates is like 7X the size of the tl:dr; not counting attachments and design documents, they're definitely putting effort into communicating, even if only through patreon rather than publically.

RM

May 25, 2017
@malodorous The first inner circle update was mentioned in summary (new character art from the dudes named "the Syndicate", v0.6 work, sound half finished), second one is a named npc (Onyx, who's pretty hot if you're into punk girls with wearing short shorts and the top half of a tank top) and further v0.6 work, with some assets done and the sound work 95% finished (inability to pitch shift files in-game, but working with some caveats). Also some of Onyx's art was done by the new guy who starts in September.

Reactions: Krull and stoper

stoper

Game Developer
May 4, 2017
Yeah, their promise of an update every 3 months seems to be turning out quite well...
I'm glad I bailed out.
I hope they don't abandon it tho', may be worth playing in 3-4 years.

RM

May 25, 2017
Yeah, their promise of an update every 3 months seems to be turning out quite well...
I'm glad I bailed out.
I hope they don't abandon it tho', may be worth playing in 3-4 years.
Eh, by what they're saying, a lot of the stuff done the past few months was background work and they've been expanding the team. Hopefully more like 2-3 years if I had to guess tho. But yeah I know the feeling, I dropped my pledge down for a few months, just went back in because I was curious about the soundtrack.

Reactions: Krull

daedilus

Mar 11, 2017
Game doesn't seem like my cup of tea, breasts are obnoxious, but i'm going to give it a run through because i want to see the fight mechanics they are using.

RM

May 25, 2017
They just updated today with a roadmap of sorts of everything they're doing that they've been mentioning in the past, but now all in one place. To tl:dr; it:

-New Engine (+performance, -rpg maker run time stuff, +hd graphics, +control customisation, +maybe non-windows versionss, easier to develop more custom development tools) (This is all the URGE engine stuff talked about that is going well so far)
-Artwork Overhaul (+1080p graphics, old stuff was already 1080p just downscaled for the game, +in-game gallery, +general improved old artwork that's detailed how so in the post)
-Difficulty system (+customisation, +difficulty presets for story/H focused people and gameplay focused people)
-H System Overhaul (uncouple Lust and Armor Damage*, damaging grappling enemies changes, +gangbangs/restraints system)
-Class system (+more outfits and stuff)

*This was previously a thing to reduce artwork variation requirements and thereby memory load, which was a restriction of using rpgmaker versus custom engine.

Reactions: Krull and Halexx

RM

May 25, 2017
@RM sheeeit thanks man. lookin good! any chance you could post some of the new artwork?
tbh I feel what I'm doing is borderline scummy, although I think the MatM should really work more on advertising/community interaction like this, so I'll leave the artwork to the Patreon. That said they'll probably reveal Onyx on the $3 tier monthly update because "sex sells" and all that (even if it's more revealing clothing than actual H) so yeah.

Reactions: Krull

malodorous

Dec 28, 2016
tbh I feel what I'm doing is borderline scummy, although I think the MatM should really work more on advertising/community interaction like this, so I'll leave the artwork to the Patreon. That said they'll probably reveal Onyx on the $3 tier monthly update because "sex sells" and all that (even if it's more revealing clothing than actual H) so yeah.
ya fair enough. i appreciate the info though, maybe posting artwork is too far. keep us posted!

RM

May 25, 2017
Since there's a $3 update I'll tl:dr; that.

First, (new character).

Second, this is part ONE of TWO. There's another update tomorrow since a lot has been done since the story was finished being written.

Ubercharged (new artist, currently working on the Blade Runner movie as his main job) got a headstart before september (his official start date) rolled around and has been art-ing it up a little (approx 35 hours a week on MatM).

More onyx artwork is linked here (close up shots) discussion of behind-the-scenes how they made her and what this means going forward (short version is less licensed assets, more new stuff, better quality with the new model tech used for her)

The rest of the stuff is a compilation of inner circle posts (also in my previous tl:dr;) talking about future plans, listed in least work to finish first (since they've started on a lot of these):
-New Engine (no rpgmaker, HD graphics, non-windows options, control scheme options, etc.)
-Artwork Overhaul (HD HD HD, hair, shaders, ambient occlusion, more terms I don't 100% understand)
-Difficulty Overhaul (lots of levers to pull here, includes really H-friendly option)
-H-system Overhaul (lust =/= armor damage, gangbangs, restraints, "grapple" changes)
-Class system Overhaul (therefore more outfits)
-Stats/equipment overhaul (reference point provided is Diablo/Borderlands)

Just want to say that all of these have really detailed responses in the actual post, at the $3 tier, so if you are interested in the development side of things it's enjoyable to read these through.

Halexx

Aug 28, 2016
Just want to say that all of these have really detailed responses in the actual post, at the $3 tier, so if you are interested in the development side of things it's enjoyable to read these through.
Looks like they are still months away from any releases, but thanks for keeping us posted on development fam.
Keep it up :biggrin:

3.70 star(s) 9 Votes