RPGM Abandoned Malise And The Machine [v0.0511] [Eromancer]

3.70 star(s) 9 Votes

RM

May 25, 2017
So July progress update part 2 Electric Boogaloo:

-Stigmata (giant fuckrobot from early versions) is now upgraded to version 2.0. Looks like something out of Mechwarrior/HAWKEN and is really detailed and well done. Also in the post is a gif of it's dick(s) "deploying". Ubercharge (new artist supposed to start in September) had a hand in all this.
-New group/character, the Syndicate and "The Masked Man" have been shown, they appear in 0.6.0 but neither are enemies (yet).
-Altair PL did a full write up on his URGE engine progress. I don't understand half of it, but I checked in word and the full write up was over 1,100 words, so it's really fucking detailed. From what I understand, the vast majority of things are done, there's a rpgmaker compatibility comparison chart which has most things ticked off as working, 90% working which is all that's needed for 0.6.0 or not needed. To be specific, sound is done (aside from in-game pitch shifting which straight up is impossible to get working), tilemaps are pretty much done, and optimization of sprite/plane rendering is also done.

So yeah, pleasantly surprised that they revealed stigmata which wasn't in last week's inner circle update and everything is going swimmingly as far as I can tell.

RM

May 25, 2017
New inner circle update on Patreon, it's pretty tech-lingo heavy and really long though so I've cut out a lot of info from it to tl:dr

- v0.06 map progress underway, one of the large maps is coming along nicely, Eromancer tested painting over it and lighting it to see if everything works (it does so far).
- On Ubercharge's recommendation they switched mapping software from Mental Ray to Redshift, the switch-over was painless and everything's already going smootly with the new software. Eromancer lists a bunch of different benefits of switching over which I'm not tech-savvy enough to 100% understand, but better lighting, better edges, procedural dirt/puddles, and using the graphics card for rending over the CPU stand out to me.
-Eromancer tried out fluid (cum) simulation, and ending up spending 3 days on it since it was going really well. The two programs tested were Bifrost and Houdini, Bifrost is easier to use but Houdini is faster performance-wise, so there's a lot of potential but the final testing of all this is being put off until later stages of the art overhaul. As a note, there's a bunch of images and a video of the simulations so far up on Patreon too.
-AltairPL's Urge Engine progress is coming along, while working on Window Class implementation he found a rare overflow bug that was causing crashes due to fucking up a tiny bit of Ruby -> C number conversion, but that's all fixed and the main stuff is doing fine, ETA of finished date is sometime this week (hopefully).
-TK's doing work on textures (concrete specifically) to make the best scenery possible and the program made to generate it is working now. It's not 100% finished and Ubercharge got TK to try out some additional techniques and software to see what works best but there's content being created (as evidenced the the images attached to the patreon).

RM

May 25, 2017
Medium-size Patreon update went up the other day, tl:dr;
-(Eromancer had a family emergency and other business to attend to hence only medium-size update)
-Syncing documents in a google drive ("in the middle of" , "150,000" files remaining to sync[dang that's a lot])
-Map progress coming along
-Using Redshift as a rendering engine (as mentioned last update) and Nvidia Iray as an engine (new!)
-Like a dozen benefits of using Iray as a tool listed
-Programmer who worked with Ubercharge on Wonder Woman lending a quick hand on helping convert materials to Redshift
-URGE engine stuff, AltairPL fixed RPGMaker muting debug code/warning errors popping up and fixed 800 different warnings that started cropping up to clean up the codebase and organise the whole thing a lot better
-All that URGE stuff was done for Window Class implementation and while it's unfinished progress has been made

So yeah, light update, tech-talk heavy, I don't understand a good chunk of it but there's half a dozen links to images of work underway and all.

Eigenvalue

Jun 20, 2017
There's been a huge-ass (three parts!) update post on Patreon. Can anyone dump it here or paraphrase it?

Onysko

Jun 5, 2017
Holy shit. I can't recall when was the first time I saw this game online... And its only at version 0.0511? Damn.:oops:

Reactions: Pirat.911

Infamy

Engaged Member
Sep 25, 2016
Holy shit. I can't recall when was the first time I saw this game online... And its only at version 0.0511? Damn.:oops:
To be fair they have ripped apart RPG maker to get it to work like it does so the coding is heavy also the artwork is done with custom models in blender I think then touched up in a art program :/

malodorous

Dec 28, 2016
Basically they're reaching the limits of DAZ, and so are moving to other software for most of their rendering and modelling. It's almost all technical stuff they're talking about. There are some test renders with the new software of a potential new enemy:

It looks promising but there's nothing new to play or anything

Reactions: Pirat.911 and Krull

Infamy

Engaged Member
Sep 25, 2016
Basically they're reaching the limits of DAZ, and so are moving to other software for most of their rendering and modelling. It's almost all technical stuff they're talking about. There are some test renders with the new software of a potential new enemy:

It looks promising but there's nothing new to play or anything
I had a feeling they were gonna move off Daz soon I thought they were using blender myself but.

stoper

Game Developer
May 4, 2017
I had a feeling they were gonna move off Daz soon I thought they were using blender myself but.
Most of their 3D content is obviously DAZ/Poser assets. This doesn't mean they don't customize, animate, render in another program.
I don't know what moving away from DAZ means, but if they've decided to make their own models, then you can expect the game around 2030.

Infamy

Engaged Member
Sep 25, 2016
Most of their 3D content is obviously DAZ/Poser assets. This doesn't mean they don't customize, animate, render in another program.
I don't know what moving away from DAZ means, but if they've decided to make their own models, then you can expect the game around 2030.
this made me laugh for some reason... dunno why. xD

malodorous

Dec 28, 2016
There hasn't been much of an update to the artwork pdf in a while.

Any decent news in the $10+ updates recently?

stoper

Game Developer
May 4, 2017
Are they giving any proof that this game is till being worked on? Other than those lengthy progress posts and a couple of character renders.

3.70 star(s) 9 Votes