3.30 star(s) 9 Votes

DarkDaemonX

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2020
I'm curious then. If you had to rewrite this dialogue in a language you at best speak as poorly as, you say, this guy does, how would you go about writing it to the clearly high standard of intelligibility and fluency that you are expecting this guy to attain here?

This is absolutely not a "troll", it's a genuine practical question about a genuine practical dilemma for this and, it seems, many other low aptitude EASL speakers in here.

You can't say you'd get someone else to do it, because firstly, you don't know this guy hasn't already tried to obtain the services of a competent translator and secondly paid non-machine translation is not an overhead a starting creator can usually if ever afford, even if such a service even happens to be available.

Proofreading's irrelevant because that's just tidying up and final tweaking and from what you are saying the existing level of intelligibility of the dialogue is way below the point where proofreading would be of any practical use whatsoever.
I'd either write it in a language I was fluent in, and get help from the F95Zone community for a translation, as that happens a lot here, or alternatively I'd brush up on the language I'd be trying to write it in, but I'd probably choose to go with the former.

Dripping

Feb 16, 2019
I'm actually (embarrassing to admit) an "English as a First Language" only speaker. I count myself lucky in that respect because I know myself well enough to admit (again) that I'd be absolutely useless in learning and trying to communicate in French or German or even American (hehe...joke...or not? I don't know).

Anyway, I'm sure the dislike for poor language in any game is a dislike for anyone who is not a native speaker of that game's language and, Mr HansDampf788, if you're additionally dyslexic then to be able to communicate at all in the English language is a triumph of the highest magnitude and you are to be applauded from the highest point in the land...by us all.

I feel under no delusion whatsoever that a big, big MAJOR part of the issue regarding the incidence of poor ESL speakers is because English, even for a native speaker like myself is, in its own right, a bloody hard language to speak. It's horribly convoluted and so many of the words are subtly over and over again to have at different times and in different circumstances totally different meanings. It's a horrible, horrible language and only commands the stature it does in the world as a legacy of English-speaking empire. I can't speak French or German, but from what I have encountered of it, I would think that either of those would be a far easier and therefore more adaptable means of communication between foreign speaking nations.

What I'm saying is that we English only speakers should give the utmost latitude and tolerance and understanding and encouragement to those developers in here (and fellow humans outside in general) for whom English is a Second Language and for whom non-machine translation facilities are either not available at all or are unaffordable. Machine translation at least where English is concerned is in itself, especially dialectically, pretty poor too.

Some have not only criticised the level of intelligibility itself of ESL speakers' work, but also, for very often coming across as the result of laziness in their attempts to communicate. Well I would damn that attitude by bemoaning the fact that much of the criticism of us EFL speakers very often comes across as arrogance...both in our judgment and expectations not only of the honest, sincere and hard-working efforts of our ESL friends and colleagues, but of they themselves.

If roles were reversed I couldn't do what they valiantly attempt, yet sadly often fail to achieve, so I'm not about to look down on them and their attempts as though I am in some way superior, when that supposed superiority is often due purely to geographic and historic good fortune and not necessarily at all to do with my own level of intelligence or abilities.
Trust me, English is much easier than French or German. There are two key components to learn for English: strong verbs, and placing words in the correct order. French and German have those same components as well, but in addition to that, you get gendered words, resulting in grammatical cases, meaning sentences changing the article because the noun refers to a male, female or neutral noun, or some collection which may or may not have a male component (like, a group of people).
Grammatical cases really are a big headache when learning many other languages, and English is relatively easy because it barely uses them. Just imagine having to learn the gender of every object, organism or substance you can imagine. Is a car male or female? And what about an eagle? Or salt?
If German or French was as easy as English, I would've picked either of those two instead of economics while in High School. I even could've dropped English for either of those two (a minimum of one foreign language was required in our curriculum, so German instead of English would've qualified). But, languages aren't something I have a knack for, and while I did fairly good on English, I never would've managed to graduate on German or French.

Funniest bit.. I can often crudely discern the meaning of French sentences, because English and French are more closely related than you'd think, while I can easily read German because my own language is so closely related to it, but not close enough to get decent marks in school. :LOL:

Vortex@

Jun 28, 2022
what do the symbols in the contact book stand for? i assume the heart is love or attraction? what is the other two

DIRTY Filthy RAT

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 11, 2020
Maybe it means you can share the moms together with mc, the mom and neighbor can both spray breast milk in his mouth and then you can spray them back with your cream

Reactions: Drill Sergeant
3.30 star(s) 9 Votes