Man of the House Troubleshooting Help

Evros1911

Jan 5, 2018
I'm assuming you mean the AMD QC-4000?

Your system more than meets the requirements needed to run MotH. Now the question that remains is what program did you use to extract the RAR with? If you used Windows built-in software, WinRAR or WinZip, I would recommend using 7-Zip. The instructions for extracting with it can be found here.
Yeah missed a zero. Anyway i used 7-Zip and still nothing. Should i re-download the game?

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Yeah missed a zero. Anyway i used 7-Zip and still nothing. Should i re-download the game?
What is happening after you've extracted MotH? Are you getting an error message when trying to load the game? Are you getting a black screen during the animated scenes?

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Probably not, its a stock laptop graphics card
The only drivers that I'm finding (so far) use CCC and that's been buggy for most players. Uninstalling those drivers and replacing them with Crimson or Adrenalin versions has fixed that issue 98% of the time.

What I would recommend, since I'm not having any luck on AMD's drivers page locating the exact drivers you need, is downloading their (scroll down to the bottom of the page). See if it can find either of the drivers I mentioned. Uninstall the CCC drivers and everything related to your Radeon card and install the drivers the auto detect tool found. I'm hoping that one of the drivers it finds will be Crimson or Adrenalin.

Aceman626

Mar 5, 2019
Hello!
I have Windows 10 as operating system. My problem is following: when i comes to
animations, the screen turns black. The only showing is + and - on the right side of the screen. I can continue the game. Pictures is showing, not the animations. What is the problem?? Please help!!!

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
Hello!
I have Windows 10 as operating system. My problem is following: when i comes to
animations, the screen turns black. The only showing is + and - on the right side of the screen. I can continue the game. Pictures is showing, not the animations. What is the problem?? Please help!!!
Do this
Ok, access Control Panel, go into Device Manager and click "Display adapters". Can you tell me what video card(s) you see listed there?

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Found it: AMD Radeon R5 Graphics Processor (0x9874)
Dac-type : Internal DAC(400Mhz)
Did this helped?
Unfortunately, no. For the 200 series, there's 10 different models:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
For the 300 series, there's 7 different models:
And for the 400 series, there's only 2 models:
So knowing exactly which one you have will be important to make sure that you have the correct device driver for it.

However, there is the other card you mentioned.. AMD Radeon 535DX.

Can you verify if you have Catalyst Control Center installed?