Man of the House Troubleshooting Help

Aceman626

Mar 5, 2019
Thanks .. disable the R5 graphic device by right click on it in the device manager board. Reboot your computer and try MotH again.
(make sure MotH is extracted on your desktop)
Now I've tried it. What happens then is that the screen resolution becomes wrong and the game screen becomes too large and not the opportunity to change the screen size. The game gets very slow as well. Animation then works and it is positive.

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
Now I've tried it. What happens then is that the screen resolution becomes wrong and the game screen becomes too large and not the opportunity to change the screen size. The game gets very slow as well. Animation then works and it is positive.
Switch back: activate R5 and disable R7 and check if it works better.

Aceman626

Mar 5, 2019
This is good to know. Did you look into the Event Viewer with it pick something up about the MotH?
No I did not do that. At the same time, I know that beyond my knowledge of the PC. I don't know how to do it and I don't know where to find the program.

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
No I did not do that. At the same time, I know that beyond my knowledge of the PC. I don't know how to do it and I don't know where to find the program.
Activate both graphic devices again and try to switch them of through your BIOS.

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
How do I do that?
I turnI back on both, but how do I turn them off in the BIOS?
If you don't know how you can disable them in BIOS you better don't do it.

So far I don't have any recommendation for you anymore, what you could try to do to make the Game work. Sorry!

Reactions: Aceman626

Aceman626

Mar 5, 2019
If you don't know how you can disable them in BIOS you better don't do it.

So far I don't have any recommendation for you anymore, what you could try to do to make the Game work. Sorry!
If so, thank you so much for trying. I'll see what I do eventually. Maybe accept that it goes slow.

Reactions: cold_arctus

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
If so, thank you so much for trying. I'll see what I do eventually. Maybe accept that it goes slow.
To access the BIOS on your computer, restart your system and wait to see a screen that says to press a certain key to enter "Setup" (usually F2, ESC or DEL - depends on the brand of the system). You'll only see it briefly before the Windows screen loads, so make sure you press the right key or you'll need to restart and try again.

Once you're in the BIOS screen, look for a section that has onboard or integrated video graphics. It may be under "Peripherals" or "Video".. again, it depends on your motherboard. Disable the onboard video, save to the BIOS then exit. Your computer will then restart automatically.

Now when you sign on into Windows, go into Control Panel then Device Manager, you should only see 1 display adapter listed.

Try playing MotH and see if that works.

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Thx for ur help. But i already use the new version
I don't think you understood my reply, so I'll try to explain it better.
  1. Open your MotH folder from version 0.9.5.
  2. Copy the folder named "savegames" (this is where your saves are stored).
  3. Open the MotH folder from 0.9.6.
  4. Right click in a blank area of that folder (for v0.9.6) and choose "paste".
  5. Overwrite the original "savegames" folder when asked.
Now you can continue your game.

Reactions: Thermophob

DragoBleaPiece

May 24, 2019
I don't think you understood my reply, so I'll try to explain it better.
  1. Open your MotH folder from version 0.9.5.
  2. Copy the folder named "savegames" (this is where your saves are stored).
  3. Open the MotH folder from 0.9.6.
  4. Right click in a blank area of that folder (for v0.9.6) and choose "paste".
  5. Overwrite the original "savegames" folder when asked.
Now you can continue your game.
Basically i don't upgrade from v0.9.5. So i play it in v0.9.6 alrdy

Thermophob

Apr 10, 2018
Basically, you don't have any save in new version. Sycho is explaining you how to transfer saves from previous version. If you have deleted old version, download yourself savefile from thread with savefiles. BTW, this is not technical issue.

Reactions: Sycho

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
So, if I understand you correctly, you're starting a new game? If so, you have to select "New Game". The "Continue" button is only there for people who have played previous versions and transferred their saves from that to the latest version.

And if you're beginning a new game, you want to skip the introduction due to a bug that will be fixed in the next version. intro.jpg

Last edited:

BingABoop

Jul 12, 2018
Hi, I've arrived at the veronica sauna scene. I assume that there are 2 animations back to back and that's why it crashes. Every single time there is an animation, there is a high risk of the game crashing unless I wait 5 minutes. I'm on windows 10 and I've downloaded the K-lite codec thing but it hasn't helped. Any idea what's going on.