Man of the House Troubleshooting Help

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
Hi, I've arrived at the veronica sauna scene. I assume that there are 2 animations back to back and that's why it crashes. Every single time there is an animation, there is a high risk of the game crashing unless I wait 5 minutes. I'm on windows 10 and I've downloaded the K-lite codec thing but it hasn't helped. Any idea what's going on.
Are you from Europe or from outside?

If you are from Europe pls try to install Windows Media Feature from here:

DragoBleaPiece

May 24, 2019
Basically, you don't have any save in new version. Sycho is explaining you how to transfer saves from previous version. If you have deleted old version, download yourself savefile from thread with savefiles. BTW, this is not technical issue.
So, if I understand you correctly, you're starting a new game? If so, you have to select "New Game". The "Continue" button is only there for people who have played previous versions and transferred their saves from that to the latest version.

And if you're beginning a new game, you want to skip the introduction due to a bug that will be fixed in the next version. View attachment 312632
Okay then. My bad. Thx for the answers

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
no, nothing pops up, it just crashes
Ok, try this.. Go into Control Panel, double click on the Hardware Manager applet and expand "Display Adapters". Can you provide a screenshot of that, please?

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
not sure if you're looking for this View attachment 313158
Yes, that's it! Thanks!

Ok, disable the Vivi display adapter as well as the Intel HD Graphics adapter. That should solve the crashing issue you're having.

Additionally, check to make sure that the drivers for your GeForce is current.

When you visit the Drivers page, select the following:
  • GeForce
  • GeForce 10 series
  • GeForce GTX 1050
Then select your operating system and the correct architecture (ie: 32-bit or 64-bit).

Alternatively, you can use their Automatic Driver Update utility instead if you're unsure of the correct drivers you need.

Last edited:

BingABoop

Jul 12, 2018
Yes, that's it! Thanks!

Ok, disable the Vivi display adapter as well as the Intel HD Graphics adapter. That should solve the crashing issue you're having.
Sorry for the hassle.

Additionally, check to make sure that the drivers for your GeForce is current.

When you visit the Drivers page, select the following:
  • GeForce
  • GeForce 10 series
  • GeForce GTX 1050
Then select your operating system and the correct architecture (ie: 32-bit or 64-bit).

Alternatively, you can use their Automatic Driver Update utility instead if you're unsure of the correct drivers you need.
I did as you said and the drivers are up to date, but it still crashes. It seems that there’s even more lag now. The frame rates are lower than before.

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
I did as you said and the drivers are up to date, but it still crashes. It seems that there’s even more lag now. The frame rates are lower than before.
Determine which video card will play smoothly without the problems you're experiencing by disabling them one at a time and playing MotH. Check the Settings in the phone in MotH to see if you have "limit frame rate" selected. Deselect it if so.

BingABoop

Jul 12, 2018
Determine which video card will play smoothly without the problems you're experiencing by disabling them one at a time and playing MotH. Check the Settings in the phone in MotH to see if you have "limit frame rate" selected. Deselect it if so.
sorry :( tried both video cards and disabled the 30 fps. still crashes. Are there other reasons why it could crash. Tried to continue the other story lines and basically can't play anymore due to animation problems

Last edited:

BingABoop

Jul 12, 2018
OHHH OHHH What crashing prob??
I've done everything sycho has told me, downloaded the codec thing, tried different video cards and enable and also disable 30fps. nothing seems to work. all the animations take ages to load and sometimes crash. if there are back to back animations then the game is guaranteed to crash. I've reached a point where I can't continue down the storyline anymore.

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
sorry :( tried both video cards and disabled the 30 fps. still crashes. Are there other reasons why it could crash. Tried to continue the other story lines and basically can't play anymore due to animation problems
The only other idea that I can think of would be to look at your event logs. It may give some explanation as to where the problem is in order to come up with a better solution. Though you'll want to clear them all, restart your machine and try loading MotH so that it crashes. That way we can look at a clean event log.

Go into Control Panel, double click on Administrative Tools then double click on Event Viewer.

Once you have Event Viewer opened, expand "Windows Logs". Clear the following items:
Application, Security, Setup and System. Don't worry about saving or backing up anything if asked. Once that's done, restart your computer then try to play MotH. When it crashes again, go back into the Event Viewer and look at "Application" and "System". Look for any errors (red circle with a white exclamation point) or warnings (yellow triangle with a black exclamation point).

One of them should contain something about MotH..

BingABoop

Jul 12, 2018
The only other idea that I can think of would be to look at your event logs. It may give some explanation as to where the problem is in order to come up with a better solution. Though you'll want to clear them all, restart your machine and try loading MotH so that it crashes. That way we can look at a clean event log.

Go into Control Panel, double click on Administrative Tools then double click on Event Viewer.

Once you have Event Viewer opened, expand "Windows Logs". Clear the following items:
Application, Security, Setup and System. Don't worry about saving or backing up anything if asked. Once that's done, restart your computer then try to play MotH. When it crashes again, go back into the Event Viewer and look at "Application" and "System". Look for any errors (red circle with a white exclamation point) or warnings (yellow triangle with a black exclamation point).

One of them should contain something about MotH..
I found the file thing, what should I do from here?
Faulting module name: MFPlat.dll, version: 10.0.17134.191, time stamp: 0x47ca9249
maybe this will help.

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
I found the file thing, what should I do from here?
Faulting module name: MFPlat.dll, version: 10.0.17134.191, time stamp: 0x47ca9249
maybe this will help.
I did a lookup of MFPlat.dll and all I found was (it's definitely a Windows file. I found it in several places on my Win7 machine - it wasn't in the MotH folder). It seems like a lengthy process if that DLL is the actual cause (and I'm a little hesitant to believe that's the case). I'm thinking it's something else, and the only thing that I can think of is the program you used to extract MotH with that may have caused errors during extraction. Can you tell me which program you used? That's the best place to start.

BingABoop

Jul 12, 2018
I did a lookup of MFPlat.dll and all I found was (it's definitely a Windows file. I found it in several places on my Win7 machine - it wasn't in the MotH folder). It seems like a lengthy process if that DLL is the actual cause (and I'm a little hesitant to believe that's the case). I'm thinking it's something else, and the only thing that I can think of is the program you used to extract MotH with that may have caused errors during extraction. Can you tell me which program you used? That's the best place to start.
7zip, I downloaded it from fap-nation if that means anything. would redownloading it help?

Reactions: Sycho

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
7zip, I downloaded it from fap-nation if that means anything. would redownloading it help?
Yeah, download the game from here and delete the copy you have. Never having downloaded anything from there it's hard to say if the file is corrupt or not. 7-Zip shouldn't have caused any problems as that's what I use and recommend to other players.

Reactions: BingABoop

BingABoop

Jul 12, 2018
Yeah, download the game from here and delete the copy you have. Never having downloaded anything from there it's hard to say if the file is corrupt or not. 7-Zip shouldn't have caused any problems as that's what I use and recommend to other players.
downloaded from here, still the same problem :( . would the save file have anything to do with it. It seems like it was a problem a couple months ago. Does Faerin go on this thread to help?

Last edited:

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
downloaded from here, still the same problem :( . would the save file have anything to do with it. It seems like it was a problem a couple months ago. Does Faerin go on this thread to help?
He would if I tagged him in the post, but he usually leaves the technical support for things like this to me, unless it's an issue with the game itself. I'll tag Faerin to see if he could offer any advice that I hadn't thought of.. though you did suggest a save could be the problem and that is definitely a possibility. Could you attach one of your saves? I'll load it to see if I can replicate the problem. In the meantime, I'll attach my save so you could give it a try. See if you still experience the crashing problem during the animated scenes.

I'd start with the sauna first. I've saved my game at the entrance to the sauna at the correct time you need to be there. So all you will need to do is click on the backpack, click on the "out of order" sign, click on the door to the sauna and it will trigger an animated scene between you and Veronica.

In the meantime, while I look your save over after you attach it, there's a couple of things I would like for you to try. The first of which is going into "man of the house_Data" folder, then into the StreamingAssets folder. Go into any one of the numbered folders and try playing one of the videos there to see if it plays using a standalone video player.

Another thing that I would like for you to try is redownload the . Use the default installation without selecting anything during the install. Don't worry about configuring the Tweak tool.

After you do that, try playing MotH and see if you still experience the crash.

One question I'd like to ask you is, have you experienced this problem in the past with MotH?

Last edited: