Man of the House Troubleshooting Help

Alexztu

Nov 24, 2017
If you haven't already, install the K-Lite Codec pack (basic version) from . During its installation, use the default settings. Then check to see if you can view the animated scenes.
I did install it and still doesn't work, it's my first animated scene with Ashley

BingABoop

Jul 12, 2018
My apologies for the late reply. I went through your save and I was able to see the animation with Veronica in the sauna.

I don't remember if I discussed this with you last time, but if you're going to reinstall the K-Lite Codec pack, I would recommend using the default installation. There's nothing you'll need to configure in it as it's installing.
idk what I did or what happened, but it started working for me yesterday. So all is good :). thanks for helping though.

Reactions: Sycho

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
I did install it and still doesn't work, it's my first animated scene with Ashley
Ok, let's check a few things..

First, go into Control Panel and then into the Hardware Manager applet. Expand "Display Adapters" and take a screenshot of the video card(s) you have installed and attach that here so I can get an idea of what you're working with.

Second, check to make sure that you have the latest updates for Windows by doing a search for Windows Updates.

Third, disable your Windows Firewall, load MotH and try playing the animated scene you're unable to view.

BingABoop

Jul 12, 2018

First, go into Control Panel and then into the Hardware Manager applet. Expand "Display Adapters" and take a screenshot of the video card(s) you have installed and attach that here so I can get an idea of what you're working with.

Second, check to make sure that you have the latest updates for Windows by doing a search for Windows Updates.

Third, disable your Windows Firewall, load MotH and try playing the animated scene you're unable to view.

Alexztu

Nov 24, 2017

All new updates are installed.
Disabled the firewall and antivirus
Still isn't working

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018

All new updates are installed.
Disabled the firewall and antivirus
Still isn't working
Is is the first time you play this game? If not try to delete the "Fearin" folder in %applocal% and try to run the game again. If this doesn't work try to disable one of your graphics card. First the Intel HD and vice versa (check the performance of the game for each card.).

EDIT: Do you use Citrix?

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
goobdoob

I have a strange situation here with a mac user and wine, and would need verify it by another mac user.

The problem is corefonts:
the guys has wine-staging 3.19 and the last available winetricks version via homebrew, which is 20190310 (version on github: 20190615).

When he tries to install corefonts he gets this
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Note: the game starts but no fonts, because fonts weren't installed via winetricks.

Updating winetricks to 20190615 with wine-staging 3.19 says :
Your version of wine 3.19 is no longer supported upstream. You should upgrade to 4. x

Upgrading to wine-stable 4.0.1 with winetricks (20190615) allows to install corefonts again. Starting MotH gives him this:

Installing quartz and devenum didn't help.

On Linux I have neither of this problems! Maybe you could look into it an reproduce it with a clean prefix on your mac (better backup your current prefix).

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
goobdoob

I have a strange situation here with a mac user and wine, and would need verify it by another mac user.

The problem is corefonts:
the guys has wine-staging 3.19 and the last available winetricks version via homebrew, which is 20190310 (version on github: 20190615).

When he tries to install corefonts he gets this
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Note: the game starts but no fonts, because fonts weren't installed via winetricks.

Updating winetricks to 20190615 with wine-staging 3.19 says :

Upgrading to wine-stable 4.0.1 with winetricks (20190615) allows to install corefonts again. Starting MotH gives him this:

Installing quartz and devenum didn't help.

On Linux I have neither of this problems! Maybe you could look into it an reproduce it with a clean prefix on your mac (better backup your current prefix).
Does the latest winetricks require updating wine, or is it a suggestion?

What about getting a later version of wine-staging? The latest is here:

Another thought is to install corefonts using wine-stable, but go back to wine-staging 3.19 to run MotH.

Here is the ancient winetricks I use, which is supported by staging 3.19:

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
Does the latest winetricks require updating wine, or is it a suggestion?
yes, it says to upgrade wine to 4.x

What about getting a later version of wine-staging? The latest is here:
Going to try it.. yesterday wasn't enough time for that.

Here is the ancient winetricks I use, which is supported by staging 3.19:
Where is winetricks stored on Mac?

Alexztu

Nov 24, 2017
Is is the first time you play this game? If not try to delete the "Fearin" folder in %applocal% and try to run the game again. If this doesn't work try to disable one of your graphics card. First the Intel HD and vice versa (check the performance of the game for each card.).

EDIT: Do you use Citrix?
No I do not use Citrix

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
No I do not use Citrix
Ok, as cold_arctus suggested, disable your Intel video card (right click on it and select "Disable") then try playing MotH using only your Nvidia. Make sure that the drivers for it are up-to-date.

barabra00

Aug 4, 2018
Hi guys! I'm unable to get the Debby/Megan scene at the police station to work. I only get the first to sentences in a loop and has to ctrl-alt-del after that. Anyone that can help?

I have Windows 10 and the 0.9.9

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
Hi guys! I'm unable to get the Debby/Megan scene at the police station to work. I only get the first to sentences in a loop and has to ctrl-alt-del after that. Anyone that can help?

I have Windows 10 and the 0.9.9
Did you mess with the flag console?