Man of the House Troubleshooting Help

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Sycho

Nothing happens when you speed up/slow down. Same thing at all 4 speeds, but the static seems to speed up too although that could be a perception thing.
The first thing that comes to mind are the video card drivers could be out of date. Can you verify that you have the latest drivers for it?

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
The first thing that comes to mind are the video card drivers could be out of date. Can you verify that you have the latest drivers for it?
I do.

But speaking of updates, Windows 10 updated a few days ago for me (before I updated MOH). So that could be it, maybe. Perhaps that messed up the sex scenes in this latest version of MOTH, dont know why It would though.

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
I do.

But speaking of updates, Windows 10 updated a few days ago for me (before I updated MOH). So that could be it, maybe. Perhaps that messed up the sex scenes in this latest version of MOTH, dont know why It would though.
It's not really common that Windows updates will cause the problems that you're seeing, at least on the video side anyway, that is unless Windows updates your drivers as well. And really, the only way you will be able to determine that would be to look at Windows update history to see what it installed and when.

Generally, I used to tell my clients when I did PC repair from home not to allow Windows to update the drivers for any hardware you have installed as they tend to mess up a lot of things. This may be one of those instances.

So what I would recommend is checking the Windows update history and see if there are any updates related to your video card listed. If there are, uninstall those updates and download drivers for your video card from the manufacturer instead. That should resolve that issue.

I forgot to ask what video card you use. If it's an AMD card, your drivers could be using Catalyst Control Center which has been a problem-child for MotH. Instead, search AMD's drivers page and look for Adrenalin or Crimson. Uninstall your current video drivers and install the drivers you just downloaded. That should also clear up the problem.

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
Yeah, everything is fine with the card. Like i posted before, the scenes are normal in 9.4 (That earlier screenshot is directly from 9.4, which I took when I made that post). So, I dont think the problem is on my end. It doesn't make sense that the scenes are fine in 9.4 and now are messed up when nothing has changed, perhaps I just got a buggy download or something.

Last edited:

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Yeah, everything is fine with the card. Like i posted before, the scenes are normal in 9.4 (That earlier screenshot is directly from 9.4, which I took when I made that post). So, I dont think the problem is on my end. It doesn't make sense that the scenes are fine in 9.4 and now are messed up when nothing has changed, perhaps I just got a buggy download or something.
It is possible that you may have downloaded a corrupt archive. What I can tell you is that it's not the game as I'm one of the testers. In fact, I finished doing a new playthrough a few hours ago checking for bugs, typos, etc.. and didn't see any problems with the animated scenes. They all played fine for me (I use Windows 7 Ultimate x64).

I don't know what program you used to extract the files with, but I would suggest using if you're not already using it.

Another thing I would recommend is to not overwrite any files when you extract MotH. Instead, create a new folder to extract your files to and transfer your saves over to that. Then delete the older folder(s).

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Hello, first time writing.
Does anyone know whats going on with my HUD and how to fix it?
Yes. It's a resolution issue. The game was designed to run using a 16:9 aspect ratio.

So what you would need to do is, change the resolution for your video display to 1920x1080 and in the game's resolution settings, match that if you are playing in full screen.

8bitKink

Nov 15, 2018
Yes. It's a resolution issue. The game was designed to run using a 16:9 aspect ratio.

So what you would need to do is, change the resolution for your video display to 1920x1080 and in the game's resolution settings, match that if you are playing in full screen.
Thanks for replying! My native resolution due to monitor size is 1680x1050 and the game is set to that resolution, changing from fullscreen to windowed also changes nothing, is there a workaround?

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Thanks for replying! My native resolution due to monitor size is 1680x1050 and the game is set to that resolution, changing from fullscreen to windowed also changes nothing, is there a workaround?
You're welcome!

Well, the only workaround that might work would be to see if there are any updates for your video card drivers. Other than that, there is another overhaul in the works so you can play MotH with just about any resolution your video card and monitor will support. That won't be available until the next update is released though.

Reactions: 8bitKink

muitoloco

May 11, 2019
hello guys, maybe someone can help me there. my phone in the game is buggy. it does not show up completely and is sleepy on top, almost no use for us. has any file that I can download to solve this? replace it. if you have any download you can do? thanks there.

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
hello guys, maybe someone can help me there. my phone in the game is buggy. it does not show up completely and is sleepy on top, almost no use for us. has any file that I can download to solve this? replace it. if you have any download you can do? thanks there.
Can you provide a screenshot of the issue you're having? It sounds like it may be a resolution issue, but seeing a screenshot would be helpful to see if that's the case.

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
well, that's it friend.so can this help me? thank you in advance.Thank you.
Yeah, that's definitely a resolution issue. Does your video card support a resolution of 1920x1080? If so, match the game's resolution with your video card.

muitoloco

May 11, 2019
good night friend, that problem has been solved, and thank you very much.now I'm with another. my pc is windows 10 and runs at 64 bits and the game is 32. it crashes when i play. usually in 30 to 40 minutes.what should i do? if you hear a logical solution.Thank you for your attention.

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
good night friend, that problem has been solved, and thank you very much.now I'm with another. my pc is windows 10 and runs at 64 bits and the game is 32. it crashes when i play. usually in 30 to 40 minutes.what should i do? if you hear a logical solution.Thank you for your attention.
MotH crashes when you try to play it on a Windows 10 machine?

Seibyen

Sep 9, 2018
Hi guys, anyone have an issue with the latest release not loading?

Double click the exe and I get nothing