Man of the House Troubleshooting Help

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Hi guys, anyone have an issue with the latest release not loading?

Double click the exe and I get nothing
Do you use Citrix?
Did you extract the files before trying to play MotH?

BenQMayCry

Aug 3, 2017
Hi, same problem it just closes, when i want it to continue....i come to the warning screen, hit continue and then it just closes,everytime...i have windows 10...

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
Hi guys, anyone have an issue with the latest release not loading?

Double click the exe and I get nothing
No, Windows 10
Yes I extracted it first. I've played previous releases and they worked fine.
Pls check Event Viewer before and after the crash and post the result here. More information about Event Viewer here:

Hi, same problem it just closes, when i want it to continue....i come to the warning screen, hit continue and then it just closes,everytime...i have windows 10...
is your out.log the file from "C:/Users/BenQ/AppData/Local/Temp/Faerin/Man of the house/Crashes"? If not pls attache it too.

You can try to run SFC and DSIM to repair corrupted Windows files. Also try to deactivate your AV and try MotH again.

More information about SFC and DSIM here:

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Can you provide some details about your AMD video card? Like the model for example? Also, do the drivers for that card come with Catalyst Control Center?

BenQMayCry

Aug 3, 2017
Can you provide some details about your AMD video card? Like the model for example? Also, do the drivers for that card come with Catalyst Control Center?
my card is R8 M445DX...yes i think they do...and i found the problem in the eventviewer, atidxx32.dll is causing a fault...so what to do, or just leave it??...every other game works fine, unity or renpy or others...

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
my card is R8 M445DX...yes i think they do...and i found the problem in the eventviewer, atidxx32.dll is causing a fault...so what to do, or just leave it??...every other game works fine, unity or renpy or others...
Ok, your video card drivers are out of date. Not to mention, Catalyst Control Center (or CCC as I call it) is part of the problem.

These are the closest I could find for your card. If those don't work, use the Auto-detect and install tool (found on the same page) to get the proper drivers you need. What you want to look for is either Crimson or Adrenalin. Restart your machine if necessary and try reloading MotH.

BenQMayCry

Aug 3, 2017
Ok, your video card drivers are out of date. Not to mention, Catalyst Control Center (or CCC as I call it) is part of the problem.

These are the closest I could find for your card. If those don't work, use the Auto-detect and install tool (found on the same page) to get the proper drivers you need. What you want to look for is either Crimson or Adrenalin. Restart your machine if necessary and try reloading MotH.
Uhh, i didint even know there are new drivers, i have ccc 19 and i see when he check them there is adrenalin 19.9.2...trying it and it works, the game finaly starta...never tought this could be an issue, my bad i didnt check....thank you very much

Reactions: Sycho

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Uhh, i didint even know there are new drivers, i have ccc 19 and i see when he check them there is adrenalin 19.9.2...trying it and it works, the game finaly starta...never tought this could be an issue, my bad i didnt check....thank you very much
You're welcome. Thank you for letting me know that fixed the problem. :)

Stride21

Oct 14, 2018
when I try to open its asking for to install unity player.dll installed. I did install it and still says the same some help please

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
when I try to open its asking for to install unity player.dll installed. I did install it and still says the same some help please
What program did you use to extract MotH with? Or are you trying to play it inside the RAR?

artorius233

Nov 13, 2016
So I have got sophia to 25 love and 20 arousal but her tool tip for hints has disappeared and I cant trigger any new scees for her anymore. She goes shopping on saturday but I cant do the event there, and nothing happens on sunday when she is in Ashleys room, I cant even do any interactions there. I have completed Ashley, Veronica and Debby already

edtorious

Aug 29, 2018
Hello, got a problem. I'm running this game on Parallels for Mac on Windows 10. The game is running fine except when I try to save game, I get this error message "The game could not be saved. Make sure there are no illegal characters in the file name". I tried just using letters and made sure there is no space or special characters but still getting the error message. What am I doing wrong? Please advise. Any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
So I have got sophia to 25 love and 20 arousal but her tool tip for hints has disappeared and I cant trigger any new scees for her anymore. She goes shopping on saturday but I cant do the event there, and nothing happens on sunday when she is in Ashleys room, I cant even do any interactions there. I have completed Ashley, Veronica and Debby already
Pls post your save and let us take look.
Hello, got a problem. I'm running this game on Parallels for Mac on Windows 10. The game is running fine except when I try to save game, I get this error message "The game could not be saved. Make sure there are no illegal characters in the file name". I tried just using letters and made sure there is no space or special characters but still getting the error message. What am I doing wrong? Please advise. Any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
No idea about Parallels. Most Mac users use Wine to run the game.

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Here is my latest save
I fixed your save. So now Sophia is showing hints. First thing you will need to do (since I noticed that the flag for it had been improperly set to 1) is to do the fashion show at the mall. So change the time to noon on Saturday and you will get a text from Ashley. Then go to the mall to do the fashion show.

artorius233

Nov 13, 2016
I fixed your save. So now Sophia is showing hints. First thing you will need to do (since I noticed that the flag for it had been improperly set to 1) is to do the fashion show at the mall. So change the time to noon on Saturday and you will get a text from Ashley. Then go to the mall to do the fashion show.
thx works fine now

Reactions: Sycho

Seibyen

Sep 9, 2018
Pls check Event Viewer before and after the crash and post the result here. More information about Event Viewer here:

is your out.log the file from "C:/Users/BenQ/AppData/Local/Temp/Faerin/Man of the house/Crashes"? If not pls attache it too.

You can try to run SFC and DSIM to repair corrupted Windows files. Also try to deactivate your AV and try MotH again.

More information about SFC and DSIM here:
Event Viewer:
Faulting application name: Man of the house.exe, version: 2018.1.0.55711, time stamp: 0x5ae38bc7
Faulting module name: UnityPlayer.dll, version: 2018.1.0.55711, time stamp: 0x5ae38d94
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00df2123
Faulting process ID: 0x2a38
Faulting application start time: 0x01d577f2dd0b34d0
Faulting application path: C:\Users\anon\Downloads\Man of the House v1.0.2 (extra)\Man of the house.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Users\anon\Downloads\Man of the House v1.0.2 (extra)\UnityPlayer.dll
Report ID: e890b849-f5c2-47f5-82c5-85fbc214f3ea

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
Event Viewer:
Faulting application name: Man of the house.exe, version: 2018.1.0.55711, time stamp: 0x5ae38bc7
Faulting module name: UnityPlayer.dll, version: 2018.1.0.55711, time stamp: 0x5ae38d94
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00df2123
Faulting process ID: 0x2a38
Faulting application start time: 0x01d577f2dd0b34d0
Faulting application path: C:\Users\anon\Downloads\Man of the House v1.0.2 (extra)\Man of the house.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Users\anon\Downloads\Man of the House v1.0.2 (extra)\UnityPlayer.dll
Report ID: e890b849-f5c2-47f5-82c5-85fbc214f3ea
Is it possible that you miss UnityPlayer.dll in the games folder?
1569913537100.png