Man of the House Troubleshooting Help

linhvn279

Jun 16, 2019
Why when the game is playing for 20 to 30 minutes, the game hangs, can't fix anything. I have to get out again, first to enter the game

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Why when the game is playing for 20 to 30 minutes, the game hangs, can't fix anything. I have to get out again, first to enter the game
Ok, first, I'll need to know a few things about your computer.
  1. What operating system do you use and is it 32-bit or 64-bit?
  2. What brand of video card are you using and could you provide the model?
  3. How much RAM (memory) do you have installed?
  4. CPU brand and if possible, speed?

Last edited:

linhvn279

Jun 16, 2019
Ok, first, I'll need to know a few things about your computer.
  1. What operating system do you use and is it 32-bit or 64-bit?
  2. What brand of video card are you using and could you provide the model?
  3. How much RAM (memory) do you have installed?
  4. CPU brand and if possible, speed?
My laptop specification:
Core i5 4200CPU 2.5 Ghz
Ram: 8Gb
Video Card: AMD 5700 1GHz series
Windows 10 pro 64bit
I played for 20 or 30 minutes on the screen and could not use anything, then I had to exit the game!

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
My laptop specification:
Core i5 4200CPU 2.5 Ghz
Ram: 8Gb
Video Card: AMD 5700 1GHz series
Windows 10 pro 64bit
I played for 20 or 30 minutes on the screen and could not use anything, then I had to exit the game!
Thanks for that.. Let's take a look at your AMD card as the RAM and CPU are more than sufficient enough to run the game.

Do you know if the drivers for your video card are using Catalyst Control Center? If so, there's your culprit. Go to 's website and look for drivers for your card that use either Crimson or Adrenalin and download those drivers. If you can't find the exact drivers you need, download and use the Auto-detect software then download the update for your card.

Uninstall your current drivers, restart if required. Now install the new drivers you downloaded, restart if necessary and try playing MotH.

If the same problem exists, unhide all files/folders, navigate to your C drive using "This PC". Go into C:\Users\user_account_name\AppData\LocalLow

Delete the folder labeled "Faerin". Hide files/folders and try playing MotH.

estebu

Aug 4, 2017
I can't trigger Sophia event in the weekday when you must leave the at 15:00 to 17:59. I live the room with arrow
For me the same problem. It's not possible to enter Ashley's room at this time in the weekend if Sophia is there! Can't trigger the event. Whats the problem? The hint say's "Sometimes, if I leave my room under the week I can meet Ashley" or similar.....

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
For me the same problem. It's not possible to enter Ashley's room at this time in the weekend if Sophia is there! Can't trigger the event. Whats the problem? The hint say's "Sometimes, if I leave my room under the week I can meet Ashley" or similar.....
This isn't a troubleshooting question, but rather a walkthrough related question.

For the hint for Ashley that says you bump into her on weekday afternoons, go to MC's room and change the time to 15:00 then try to leave the room.

estebu

Aug 4, 2017
This isn't a troubleshooting question, but rather a walkthrough related question.

For the hint for Ashley that says you bump into her on weekday afternoons, go to MC's room and change the time to 15:00 then try to leave the room.
Thanks a lot. I thought, i had try that serval times! But now it has worked! Great.

Reactions: Sycho

Devon25

Jun 30, 2017
i used the update only to patch the game from 0.9.8 to 1.0.0
and now the game doesn't work anymore i'm stuck with a black screen after "made with unity"

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
i used the update only to patch the game from 0.9.8 to 1.0.0
and now the game doesn't work anymore i'm stuck with a black screen after "made with unity"
The updater that's been posted on the main thread is fan made and not supported by Faerin, but it sounds like the reason you're getting a black screen could be due to one of three things:
  1. Your video card drivers are out of date.
  2. You need the installed.
  3. You have more than one video card enabled. You would have to disable one of the video cards one at a time and see if MotH will play.

Robbini

Sep 29, 2017
So I downloaded and updated from 0.9.7 when I last played and did everything there to 1.0.0.
But there seems to be some problems when starting.
Namely that a) it's slow to actually start ( it's fixable if I wait it out ,but a bit slower than before,)
b) It either crashes, freezes or is WAAAAAAY slower when actually starting a new game (tested it out) or loading an old save.

So basically, it's either not running for some reason ( would like a reason & solution for that if possible) or it's several times slower than before and I just need more patience (though if it takes several minutes to load a save, I would still like a solution to it).

If there's anything that changed since 0.9.7 to 1.0.0 which rendered old saves with problems and I need to start again, I would really be grateful if someone could post a save from the end of 0.9.7 or beginning of 0.9.8 so that I can continue from there.

Another thing which i'm slightly curious about, but might not be the right place but i'm asking anyway is why the walkthrough hasn't been updated since 0.9.7 ? Did he stop doing it or did something happen to him?

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
So I downloaded and updated from 0.9.7 when I last played and did everything there to 1.0.0.
But there seems to be some problems when starting.
Namely that a) it's slow to actually start ( it's fixable if I wait it out ,but a bit slower than before,)
b) It either crashes, freezes or is WAAAAAAY slower when actually starting a new game (tested it out) or loading an old save.

So basically, it's either not running for some reason ( would like a reason & solution for that if possible) or it's several times slower than before and I just need more patience (though if it takes several minutes to load a save, I would still like a solution to it).

If there's anything that changed since 0.9.7 to 1.0.0 which rendered old saves with problems and I need to start again, I would really be grateful if someone could post a save from the end of 0.9.7 or beginning of 0.9.8 so that I can continue from there.

Another thing which i'm slightly curious about, but might not be the right place but i'm asking anyway is why the walkthrough hasn't been updated since 0.9.7 ? Did he stop doing it or did something happen to him?
Your issues are related to the updater made by the user Keinba. Faerin doesn't support the updater. This is why we can't help you with that. The only option I can give you is to download the official v.1.0.0 release.

Save from 0.8.3 up to 1.0.0 can be downloaded from here:

Well, the walkthrough isn't needed anymore since the game comes with a build-in hint system.

Robbini

Sep 29, 2017
Your issues are related to the updater made by the user Keinba. Faerin doesn't support the updater. This is why we can't help you with that. The only option I can give you is to download the official v.1.0.0 release.

Save from 0.8.3 up to 1.0.0 can be downloaded from here:

Well, the walkthrough isn't needed anymore since the game comes with a build-in hint system.
No I literally downloaded the entire game and overwrite all the files like i've done all the time before, because it frankly was easier than just downloading the updater and using it for me atleast

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
No I literally downloaded the entire game and overwrite all the files like i've done all the time before, because it frankly was easier than just downloading the updater and using it for me atleast
Overwriting the files is the reason why you're running into issues. Extract the game to its own folder, transfer your saves and mapping file, then delete the earlier version from your PC.

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
So, something weird happens when sex scenes are playing. The screen does this, like static on a TV or something. Never happened before. Playing the latest version, haven't played since 9.4.

Capture.PNG

Here is the same scene in 9.4 and 1.0, to show the difference.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
So, something weird happens when sex scenes are playing. The screen does this, like static on a TV or something. Never happened before. Playing the latest version, haven't played since 9.4.

View attachment 372476

Here is the same scene in 9.4 and 1.0, to show the difference.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
What happens when you speed up the animation? Are you still noticing that problem?

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
Sycho

Nothing happens when you speed up/slow down. Same thing at all 4 speeds, but the static seems to speed up too although that could be a perception thing.