Man of the House Troubleshooting Help

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Its working now. Thank you :)

If you dont mind - can you tell me why does it happened in a first place? I'm just curious :)
Of course. Claire's arousal was off by 10, and that caused her to no longer show her hints. It was at 90 and it should have been 80 (where it is now).

winterwarden

Aug 4, 2018
So I have Citrix however running the script doesn't seem to work. There's a new version of Citrix now so I'm not sure if that script is still valid. There's no longer a CitrixWorkspaceApp.exe anymore, now there's SelfService.exe and running the script with SelfService.exe, the batch file seems to work however the game still doesn't load. Any thoughts on a fix?

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
So I have Citrix however running the script doesn't seem to work. There's a new version of Citrix now so I'm not sure if that script is still valid. There's no longer a CitrixWorkspaceApp.exe anymore, now there's SelfService.exe and running the script with SelfService.exe, the batch file seems to work however the game still doesn't load. Any thoughts on a fix?
Disable all Citrix tasks (Task Manager) and try to start the game again.

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Yup I've done that already. No dice.
Open up a command prompt as administrator and use the following command:
Code:
CitrixWorkspaceApp.exe
DDLOCAL=ReceiverInside,ICA_Client,AM,SELFSERVICE,DesktopViewer,Flash,Vd3d,WebHelper,BrowserEngine
Make sure "CitrixWorkspaceApp.exe" and "DDLOCAL" has a space.

winterwarden

Aug 4, 2018
Open up a command prompt as administrator and use the following command:
Code:
CitrixWorkspaceApp.exe
DDLOCAL=ReceiverInside,ICA_Client,AM,SELFSERVICE,DesktopViewer,Flash,Vd3d,WebHelper,BrowserEngine
Make sure "CitrixWorkspaceApp.exe" and "DDLOCAL" has a space.
I tried that at first, but it's just giving me a "CitrixWorkspaceApp.exe is not recognized as an internal, external command, operable program or batch file" error.

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
I tried that at first, but it's just giving me a "CitrixWorkspaceApp.exe is not recognized as an internal, external command, operable program or batch file" error.
Try to look into Event Viewer maybe the correct file is named there.

paloschi

Aug 17, 2017
Uff, let's try for a last time.

So I also have a problem with animations not playing, not even the intro.mp4 played in the main screen. In the initial releases I was able to watch animations but in the "latest" releases (Idk, from .6 maybe) no, so I stopped playing the game.

Today I tried to play again but with the same problem, reading this thread I noticed my amd drivers were 1 update behind so ofc I tried that option. Here is the interesting thing: with a clean installation, between my current driver being uninstalled and the new being installed I tried to open the game. At this point in my device manager there is only visible the default windows display driver ... and I was able to watch animations on the main screen.

Some minutes later my new amd driver (19.9.2) was installed and I have again the same problem.

When I was able to watch animations with the default driver it was laggy and with black squares all over the transitions, it wasn't a fluid experience so I would love if someone could guide me to the real problem with the interaction between the videoplayback plugin with the amd drivers in my specific setup. As I said before, there was a point when I was able to watch animations.

I'm playing on an old laptop, A8-6410 with R5 graphics, a r5-240m, current driver is 19.9.2.
I'm able to watch all the videos from the streaming assets folder but the problem is inside the game.
I already replaced the avprovideo.dll posted by MakRay.

I really hope there is a solution, maybe related to the playback plugin, at least I know now that there is a weird interaction related to the driver. I love the game .

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
Uff, let's try for a last time.

So I also have a problem with animations not playing, not even the intro.mp4 played in the main screen. In the initial releases I was able to watch animations but in the "latest" releases (Idk, from .6 maybe) no, so I stopped playing the game.

Today I tried to play again but with the same problem, reading this thread I noticed my amd drivers were 1 update behind so ofc I tried that option. Here is the interesting thing: with a clean installation, between my current driver being uninstalled and the new being installed I tried to open the game. At this point in my device manager there is only visible the default windows display driver ... and I was able to watch animations on the main screen.

Some minutes later my new amd driver (19.9.2) was installed and I have again the same problem.

When I was able to watch animations with the default driver it was laggy and with black squares all over the transitions, it wasn't a fluid experience so I would love if someone could guide me to the real problem with the interaction between the videoplayback plugin with the amd drivers in my specific setup. As I said before, there was a point when I was able to watch animations.

I'm playing on an old laptop, A8-6410 with R5 graphics, a r5-240m, current driver is 19.9.2.
I'm able to watch all the videos from the streaming assets folder but the problem is inside the game.
I already replaced the avprovideo.dll posted by MakRay.

I really hope there is a solution, maybe related to the playback plugin, at least I know now that there is a weird interaction related to the driver. I love the game .
Which OS do you use? Because on AMD's website the drivers for your specs are:
Windows 10/7 32bit: 18.9.3 (11/5/2018)
Windows 10/7 64bit: 19.10.1 (10/17/2019)
Windows 81 64bit: 16.12.2 (1/9/2017)

You might not like the answer, but I can assure you that it isn't a game related problem. Many, many people (~100k) played MotH with different settings on different rigs without any issue.

paloschi

Aug 17, 2017
Windows 10. I'm using the last "stable(?)" driver 19.9.2, 19.10.1 is an optional one but I'll try if there is a different outcome.

In windows update there were some available updates ( to v1803) and I guess after I restart my pc it will try to update to v1903. I'll try with those changes and If I'm still unable to play I guess it's just bad luck but thank you nevertheless.

edit: welp, I feel a little stupid now. GPU driver 19.9.2 and windows v1803 did the trick. I hope there is no problems with v1903 in the future but at least now I can play the game as intended. Thanks again.

Last edited:

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
Windows 10. I'm using the last "stable(?)" driver 19.9.2, 19.10.1 is an optional one but I'll try if there is a different outcome.

In windows update there were some available updates ( to v1803) and I guess after I restart my pc it will try to update to v1903. I'll try with those changes and If I'm still unable to play I guess it's just bad luck but thank you nevertheless.
Can you pls provide more detail information about your system:
- Laptop manufacturer
- Manufacturer software installed?
- Laptop series (product line etc)
- Windows 10 (32 or 64bit system)
- Other installed games and programs

Some manufacturer offer their own drivers which aren't compatible with AMD's drivers.

Thai2410

Jul 30, 2017
Hi I'm getting this white screen whenever I try to start the game. No error message at all. If I unchecked window mode it show up as a transparent program.
Did the installation correctly (usually use winrar but downloaded 7zip for it just to follow the instruction)

1571601294207.png

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Hi I'm getting this white screen whenever I try to start the game. No error message at all. If I unchecked window mode it show up as a transparent program.
Did the installation correctly (usually use winrar but downloaded 7zip for it just to follow the instruction)

View attachment 435707
Follow these steps:
  1. Open up "Control Panel".
  2. In the top right, change "View By:" to "Small Icons" (if it's not already set up that way).
  3. Run the "Device Manager" applet.
  4. Expand "Display Adapters".
Attach a screenshot of that if you could, please.

Thai2410

Jul 30, 2017
Follow these steps:
  1. Open up "Control Panel".
  2. In the top right, change "View By:" to "Small Icons" (if it's not already set up that way).
  3. Run the "Device Manager" applet.
  4. Expand "Display Adapters".
Attach a screenshot of that if you could, please.
Here you go, hope this help
1571638015979.png

Reactions: Sycho

Thai2410

Jul 30, 2017
Ok, disable your Intel video card and try playing MotH. That should fix the problem.
Thanks a lot! Was able to play it, but then the screen resolution become almost unbearable. However since I know Intel is the problem, I found a workaround that is using the NVidia control panel to force the game to run with it, so I don't have to disable anything, like this:

1571648894195.png

Thanks again, cheers!

Reactions: Sycho

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Thanks a lot! Was able to play it, but then the screen resolution become almost unbearable. However since I know Intel is the problem, I found a workaround that is using the NVidia control panel to force the game to run with it, so I don't have to disable anything, like this:

View attachment 436209

Thanks again, cheers!
You're welcome, and thank you for letting me know it worked! :)

radkhyn

Nov 12, 2019
Good evening,

When i do play this game, or others, i can see there are sounds settings : voices, musics, etc... But none of them are working, i'll be very thanksful if you can help me to fix it. (I do play it on my computer)

Radkhyn.

Last edited: