c0cos

Jul 4, 2018
Could anyone help me please? I'm having trouble running this game. Program stops working right after I click on Continue button on the WARNING! screen.
I'm using Windows 7 and it gives me these problem details:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I've tired: running it as an administrator, different option combinations before the start of the game, disabling the antivirus, reextracting and redownloading, downloading older version (0.9.7), running it from different location (just C:\).
I do meet the system requirements to run the unity game (according to Unity's main page), but here are my specs:

If anyone has any idea what could be wrong, I'd be grateful. This game looks interesting, and I'd love to try it out.
Right now I'm downloading Windows 10 image for VM, mybe something's wrong or missing on my ancient PC.

Last edited:

YanOtt

Nov 26, 2018
Could anyone help me please? I'm having trouble running this game. Program stops working right after I click on Continue button on the WARNING! screen.
Usually this error happens when u have Citrix software, or old GPU drivers, or paranoidal anti-virus.
But it can also happen around due to many other problems with the OS or hardware.

Reactions: c0cos

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018

I've tired: running it as an administrator, different option combinations before the start of the game, disabling the antivirus, reextracting and redownloading, downloading older version (0.9.7), running it from different location (just C:\).
I do meet the system requirements to run the unity game (according to Unity's main page), but here are my specs:

If anyone has any idea what could be wrong, I'd be grateful. This game looks interesting, and I'd love to try it out.
Right now I'm downloading Windows 10 image for VM, mybe something's wrong or missing on my ancient PC.
I use Windows 7 Ultimate (x64) and haven't had any problems playing MotH. As has already been mentioned, Citrix would be one program that will prevent the game from loading. So if you use Citrix, it would need to be disabled first. The installation guide that I wrote will have a command in the troubleshooting section that will do just that.

Using an outdated copy of WinZip or WinRAR or using Windows built-in compression software will cause problems during extraction which will prevent MotH from loading. Use instead.

If you're overwriting older files, that may cause problems as well. Instead, extract MotH to a new folder, transfer your saves and delete the older version(s).

Reactions: c0cos

PPanGames

Developer of Forbidden Passion and TlooB
Game Developer
May 8, 2019
Will the pregnancy test be applicable to all girls in the future or is the item made for just one specific route?

Reactions: Pumpkin1984

c0cos

Jul 4, 2018
I've tried some more things and the suggestions and ...I don't know what's wrong, but in the end running the game in backwards compatibility mode (glorious XP SP3!) made it work.
Thanks for all the tips, folks!

Jun 8, 2019
I have the cheat menu, but there is no flag option anywhere. I can only change my stats or gain money
ah, seems like I'm experiencing the same issue. Updated my game version from 0.9.9 to 1.0.0, then the flag console cheats is vanishing :rolleyes:
I'll try to look into the dll files, hopefully i could find something interesting there
==== update ====
found it. here is the dll file to activate the flag console :

move it into folder "man of the house_Data\Managed", and dont forget to take a backup of the original file and your savegame, just in case :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Sheknowsaboutyou

Pmktrn17

Aug 8, 2019
hoy do i open the flag console. Im having the same bug
Go to your save folder, right click on your save and open with Notepad ++

You should be able to find all the quest flags there.

Now remember you are editing your save game so be careful you dont mess up your game.

PS:
i think you gotta download

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
hoy do i open the flag console. Im having the same bug
The flags console was removed because it was being abused as a cheat system, then people were complaining that their game was bugged after changing flags that shouldn't have been changed in the first place. The flags console was originally intended to fix issues that would arise due to bugs.

So if you tamper with the save to edit your game, you're on your own if you run into problems.

4.20 star(s) 254 Votes