cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
I want to play this game, but I am on Mac, I have tried wine, but it still doesn't work. anyone got any method or is there maybe a Mac version in the future?
There is a Mac version available on Patreon and Steam.

BTW Wine works too, but needs more configuration and testing compare to Linux.

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
I want to play this game, but I am on Mac, I have tried wine, but it still doesn't work. anyone got any method or is there maybe a Mac version in the future?
I bet if you look REALLY HARD here or in the troubleshooting thread you can find step-by-step instructions to run under Wine on OSX (but probably not Catalina).

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
The troubleshooting link doesn't work, I LOOKED everywhere, they are old post and I have tried them, it doesn't work
I wrote the original wine instructions. What (exactly, step-by-step) did you do, and what's happening (exactly)?

Last edited:

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
the game rar file I downloaded, I start by opening it ofcourse.

then I use wineskin. I press the "install software", I then use the "copy a folder inside". then I just right click and press open. it starts but then it tells me I need "Directx 11"

this is what it tells me

Failed to initialize graphics.
Make sure you have DirectX 11 installed, have up to date
drivers for your graphics card and have not disabled
3D acceleration in display settings.
InitializeEngineGraphics failed
Yeah, that's not anywhere near the step-by-step instructions I posted.

https://f95zone.to/threads/man-of-the-house-v1-0-2c-extra-faerin.3691/page-1293#post-884942
Use Wine Staging 3.19, not 2.21.
Script to launch it here:
https://f95zone.to/threads/man-of-the-house-v1-0-2c-extra-faerin.3691/page-1600#post-1267923

Cimin3ro

Dec 25, 2019
I can't find it anywhere on the forum, but what is the reason that the Stepmom, stepsister thing is not a part of the steam version? I mean the storytelling is a bit off when it comes to the "wrongness" of Clair's thoughts? Like I get the storyline if it stepmom and stepson, but not Landlady and tenant like why? Even with Amy, the storyline doesn't match the awkward thing she things about, just because they are roommates.. Is there a reason for that?
Is not that I don't like the game :) It's a 10/10 but I want to get the feeling that the storyline connects you know?

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
I can't find it anywhere on the forum, but what is the reason that the Stepmom, stepsister thing is not a part of the steam version? I mean the storytelling is a bit off when it comes to the "wrongness" of Clair's thoughts? Like I get the storyline if it stepmom and stepson, but not Landlady and tenant like why? Even with Amy, the storyline doesn't match the awkward thing she things about, just because they are roommates.. Is there a reason for that?
Is not that I don't like the game :) It's a 10/10 but I want to get the feeling that the storyline connects you know?
The patch was left out intentionally for the same reason it was not included in the Patreon version. However, you can download it .

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
I see thank you, any reason for it or?
Yes. Patreon's ToS/AUP does not allow incest content (though some manage to get away with it for a while until they're caught). It's unclear if Steam allows it or not, but why take the risk if can avoid it?

anybody69

Nov 18, 2018
4.20 star(s) 254 Votes