Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Yep and yep. Only disk I can run the game is C. Really dont know why. Trying to figure out now. Everytime I run the game from another disk a new entry in the firewall list of programs is generated. If I delete the Faerin folder from my AppData, it comes back.
Have you tried putting the executable in your firewall's exception/whitelist rather than the folder itself? And as far as drive letters, I have two HDDs installed on my machine. One (C:\) is for the OS only and the other (D:\) for my games and have had no trouble running from the D drive. I will say though that the path will play some part in it.. IOW, if you have the game buried within sub-folders, either the game will "hang" or animations won't display. We've seen that a lot with this game and Faerin's new game. So try to at least keep the game in its own folder and you won't run into issues that you mentioned previously.

Now, as far as your E drive, is that an optical drive (CD/DVD) or external? I've actually seen one player years ago try running the game from their DVD drive and for obvious reasons (the game trying to write to the save file), it won't work.

Reactions: TheDevian

FakoSIL

Oct 7, 2020
Have you tried putting the executable in your firewall's exception/whitelist rather than the folder itself? And as far as drive letters, I have two HDDs installed on my machine. One (C:\) is for the OS only and the other (D:\) for my games and have had no trouble running from the D drive. I will say though that the path will play some part in it.. IOW, if you have the game buried within sub-folders, either the game will "hang" or animations won't display. We've seen that a lot with this game and Faerin's new game. So try to at least keep the game in its own folder and you won't run into issues that you mentioned previously.

Now, as far as your E drive, is that an optical drive (CD/DVD) or external?
E: is a HDD. About the "buried within sub-folders" part... You're saying that having it in a long path (many sub-folders) may add some trouble? I kinda don't want my 3d incest fucking games right in the open, you know :v

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
E: is a HDD. About the "buried within sub-folders" part... You're saying that having it in a long path (many sub-folders) may add some trouble? I kinda don't want my 3d incest fucking games right in the open, you know :v
Yes, that's correct. Having it deep within the sub-folders will cause a lot of problems with the game, such as what I mentioned. Believe it or not, that's actually more common than you think. But we get a lot of bug reports/technical support issues on that. Here's one such example from a player log I received on Discord in the Mystwood Manor technical support channel:
D:/New folder (2)/New folder (2)/xxx/game/AwayFromHome-Episode1-13-pc/Mystwood_Manor_v0.8.1/Mystwood Manor v0.8.1/Mystwood Manor v0.8.1/Mystwood Manor_Data/Managed
That player said his game hung when trying to load the game and it was because of the extra long path.

Last edited:

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Yeah, windows doesn't like really long file names, you can try shortening the folder names, or making one of them hidden, something like that.

Reactions: rKnight and Sycho

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Yeah, windows doesn't like really long file names, you can try shortening the folder names, or making one of them hidden, something like that.
That one in particular, if you count the entire path, was over 180 characters long (that's counting everything, including the spaces and parenthesis).

• Wow

FakoSIL

Oct 7, 2020
Tried some paths here. It SEEMS the game is sensitive about the NAME of the sub-folders too. The folder I have the game has a "invisible" name. With the same number of sub-folders, the game runs without problems when I name the folder to something else.

FakoSIL

Oct 7, 2020
Well, changed the name of the original folder from " " (that's not a space) to "a" and the game is running. The line of the log I've showed even says that it "Could not find a part of the path", so I think it was just the program being unable to understand that character. Thanks for the help guys, much appreciated.

Reactions: TheDevian and Sycho

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Tried some paths here. It SEEMS the game is sensitive about the NAME of the sub-folders too. The folder I have the game has a "invisible" name. With the same number of sub-folders, the game runs without problems when I name the folder to something else.
You can run this game from an external device if you have a USB flash drive that's got around 5GB of free space, but it may run slow.

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Well, changed the name of the original folder from " " (that's not a space) to "a" and the game is running. The line of the log I've showed even says that it "Could not find a part of the path", so I think it was just the program being unable to understand that character. Thanks for the help guys, much appreciated.
You're welcome. :)

• Red Heart
Reactions: FakoSIL

AlienX710786

Dec 3, 2020
Is there any way to play this on Android? I couldn't find a port anywhere on the internet, and joiplay doesn't support unity. Please help

Nemo56

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2018
Also 3d incest fucking games can have long file names. If the total path length of a file exceeds 256, then many programs can't handle it, Unity might be among them.

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Is there any way to play this on Android? I couldn't find a port anywhere on the internet, and joiplay doesn't support unity. Please help
Hmmmm... well, let's see. Let's look at the game tags and see if it mentions "mobile game".
game tags.jpg
Uhhh.. nope. Nothing there. Let's try the OP and look at the OS it supports. Maybe it's there?
OS.jpg

Yeah, nothing there either.. Damn.. 0 for 2 so far. Let's try the download links. I bet it's there!
downloads.jpg

Dammit! No mention of Android there, either. I guess that means there's no way to play this on Android.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
D:/New folder (2)/New folder (2)/xxx/game/AwayFromHome-Episode1-13-pc/Mystwood_Manor_v0.8.1/Mystwood Manor v0.8.1/Mystwood Manor v0.8.1/Mystwood Manor_Data/Managed
I am not sure whether I prefer "Mystwood_Manor_v0.8.1/Mystwood Manor v0.8.1/Mystwood Manor v0.8.1" or "New folder (2)/New folder (2)". The former is way more efficient at wasting space, the latter more original ;)

• Haha

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
I am not sure whether I prefer "Mystwood_Manor_v0.8.1/Mystwood Manor v0.8.1/Mystwood Manor v0.8.1" or "New folder (2)/New folder (2)". The former is way more efficient at wasting space, the latter more original ;)
It's funny the lengths some will go to in order to hide their pr0n. :ROFLMAO:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Nemo56

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2018
Still, it's just about 70 chars, that leaves 160 for the subdirectories and game files. I guess those who do have problems withe the long paths, bury their secrets a lot deeper.

• Haha
4.20 star(s) 255 Votes