Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Hello everyone, I've been replaying this game these days, and since I've seen several errors in the spanish translation, I've decided to learn how to fix it by myself, and today I bring it here, mostly fixed.
I can't stand to see a few very serious spelling mistakes, and I couldn't stand to see many phrases in a Spanish that is not in Castilian (or Spanish from Spain), but rather expressions of some Latin American country.
And as I have seen that I am not the only one in this forum that was looking for a translation in Spanish, so here it is.
I have to say, that for the moment I have not reviewed the whole document, I have reviewed 6255 lines out of 83663... so I am sure that I have missed something, if so, let me know. For the moment I have used the search engine to facilitate the work in certain things that I already had located, but I am sure that I still have some things missing, so patience...

I leave the translation (Asset) in two servers, so you can choose, I also leave the TXT file in case someone wants to make a revision on their own or help to continue translating.

The installation is done in the following directory:
"Man of the House(or game root directory)\man of the house_Data"
(remember to make a backup of the file before overwriting it, just in case.)

New translation:

Asset Mega

TXT file only:

TXT Mega

This is all for now, I hope you find it useful, and as I advance in the revision of the complete file (it will take me some time), if I update the file I will notify it here in this post.

PS: For people from latinamerica, if you feel comfortable with the current translation don't download anything, this is only for those who are looking for a spanish translation.

I leave an example of things changed in the new translation:

View attachment 3945234

another example of spelling errors fixed....
View attachment 3945235
The only problem with this is that it's similar to a mod. If it's not in the game or recognized by the game it will cause issues, crashes being among them. Yes, there may be translations that are off for one reason or another but this game was completed close to 4 years ago and there are no plans to go back and make any changes to them (whether fixing or adding new ones in).

I have seen similar situations where players tried adding translations, which didn't exist already in the game (like Italian and Turkish as an example), that caused the game to crash.

Having said all that, we will not support players who use your "fix".

absent0

Aug 31, 2019
The only problem with this is that it's similar to a mod. If it's not in the game or recognized by the game it will cause issues, crashes being among them. Yes, there may be translations that are off for one reason or another but this game was completed close to 4 years ago and there are no plans to go back and make any changes to them (whether fixing or adding new ones in).

I have seen similar situations where players tried adding translations, which didn't exist already in the game (like Italian and Turkish as an example), that caused the game to crash.

Having said all that, we will not support players who use your "fix".
well, the difference is that I'm making changes in a translation already made, so I'm not adding anything, just replacing, and I'm testing the game when I make changes, so far I haven't had problems with crashes or anything like that.
if you are interested I am doing the translation with Visual Studio Code to avoid breaking any line of code when re-editing something. and the editing of the file where the text file is hosted I do it with AssetBundleExtractor 3.0, as I said everything works fine, I do not see the problem here ...

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
well, the difference is that I'm making changes in a translation already made, so I'm not adding anything, just replacing, and I'm testing the game when I make changes, so far I haven't had problems with crashes or anything like that.
if you are interested I am doing the translation with Visual Studio Code to avoid breaking any line of code when re-editing something. and the editing of the file where the text file is hosted I do it with AssetBundleExtractor 3.0, as I said everything works fine, I do not see the problem here ...
It's still a mod because you are 'modifying' the text in the game. And I can tell you that over the last 7 years I've been working with Faerin on his games, we have not had one person complain on Discord about the translations since MotH was completed back in 2019. And no, but thank you. I am not interested in testing the file you created (aside from the fact as I eluded to earlier - that the game is "complete"), my job does not consist of testing someone else's mod with the game, regardless how reliable you state it is. I work for the dev, not any modders. If you feel comfortable using it, by all means, don't let me stop you. But that doesn't mean those of us on the team have to provide support for something that's not supported by Faerin. That's the difference.

undefiniert

Nov 7, 2018
The only problem with this is that it's similar to a mod.
It is not just similar to a mod. Modifying/swapping(/adding) game files, be it just simple text, graphics, the executable or anything different is always modding in and itself.

This is what most users (unfortunately) don’t get when they ask for help afterwards because some kind of mod breaks their game or their save files.
I mean, who do I talk to? You of all do know what I am talking about :)

Reactions: Sycho and TheDevian

AkelaW

Jul 12, 2019
Hi, I want to choose the pink bikini for Ashley, and I am a fair bit in to the game, and would rather not have to backtrack. What part of the .sav file do I need to change to make Ashley choose the pink bikini? Thanks!

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Hi, I want to choose the pink bikini for Ashley, and I am a fair bit in to the game, and would rather not have to backtrack. What part of the .sav file do I need to change to make Ashley choose the pink bikini? Thanks!
None, as changing any flags (or stats) in the save will cause bugs.

Reactions: TheDevian

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
ok thanks.
somewhat related note, where can I get the man of the house fan banner?
You're welcome. I can't remember from whom I got the one I'm using, it was about 4 or 5 years or so ago. You can use mine if you'd like. Though if I'm being honest, I'd much prefer one without having F95 on it for obvious reasons.

4.20 star(s) 257 Votes