Man of the House: Walkthrough & FAQ Thread

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Thermophob

Apr 10, 2018
I put my stats at MAX and try to follow the story... but bugged here and was forced to close everything and lose progress
View attachment 165878
Well, don't max her stats. It will prevent you from progression. Also, as this is from 0.8.3 test version, there is bug. Once you finish with peeking (when you get new hint), just stop peeking until you get new hunt about peeking.
Developer is aware of this bug, and it will be fixed at final version of 0.8.3... in meantime, you can play 0.8.2 if you want more of action besides of Veronica.

Reactions: Slifer83

KnuckleDuster

Mar 4, 2018
Alright, I feel like an idiot. Tried to dick around a bit during a first run, essentially just getting a feel for the game, then deleted and started over. Now, I can't remember how the hell to intro for Veronica. What specific event needs to occur for Veronica to be introduced?

Edit: Even more of an idiot: I meant SOPHIA not Veronica

KnuckleDuster

Mar 4, 2018
Through Ashley. She's her friend and visits sometimes. But: v0.8.3 is Test version so, this for sure only for versions lower than that one...
define "sometimes" because I had her introduced absurdly quick the first time but then I ended up going some 50-odd days with nothing the second time around

KnuckleDuster

Mar 4, 2018
Okay, in the 50-odd days game, I saw her at the health club all the time, but I couldn't introduce myself, if that's what you mean. As for Sundays, that seems to be specifically when you can invite her for beach trips. I'm trying to figure out precisely how she can be introduced for the first time through Ashley, so that I can do those things. Is that a Sunday-specific event?

KnuckleDuster

Mar 4, 2018
You are legitimately confusing me right now. If you'e purposefully trying to be cryptic, it's not really helping any. I managed to get all the way up to 7 stars with Ashley without ever meeting Sophia. I'm just trying to figure out one thing: what specific conditions must be met to have Sophia introduced as a character I can interact with. I did it once, and have no idea what I did because I was seriously just doing shit at random until I figured out the game system.

I just need to know what specific thing I did to have Ashley introduce her

KnuckleDuster

Mar 4, 2018
Okay, so on a hunch, specifically regarding something that when I was first dicking around before I discovered the cheats to improve mood, I didn't go to the beach. Boom, Sophia. And no, it was not fun to discover for myself, because as I said in the very beginning, I had already done it once, just couldn't remember what the hell I had done. For clarification, it works in v.0.8.3 just fine. Also, extremely hypocritical to say you don't give straight answers when the first thing you answered (when I mistakenly said Veronica) was to simply get coffee, which is the straightest answer imaginable under the circumstances. Next time, maybe just don't answer and let someone who likes being informative give it a shot.

KnuckleDuster

Mar 4, 2018
I read 47 pages of a walkthrough that never mentioned how you were introduced to Sophia. I don't necessarily like using them all the time either, which is why it can be lucky that I can use selective memory to skim past bits I didn't want to know, but I also haven't slept in ages. I play these games because I have insomnia, and they're just barely entertaining enough to keep myself from pulling a Mysterion when I'm too tired. So no, it wasn't really a good hint, it was just infuriatingly cryptic to someone who only has one out of 8 cylinders firing.

KnuckleDuster

Mar 4, 2018
Well, as I thought (and according to better walkthroughs): Sunday 11.00-15.00.

Are you happy now? You just lost opportunity to find out right clock times yourself?? :FeelsBadMan: ;D
-edited-
Quite, though by the time you had a time it was already irrelevant. All I had needed was "Don't go to the beach on Sunday, visit Ashley instead" That would've been sufficiently cryptic for a pleasant surprise, while not so cryptic that I would be unable to figure out what the hell to do when sleep-deprived.

Speaking of, where is this better walkthrough?

partanen

Selectively Active Member
Uploader
Donor
Sep 13, 2017
Quite, though by the time you had a time it was already irrelevant. All I had needed was "Don't go to the beach on Sunday, visit Ashley instead" That would've been sufficiently cryptic for a pleasant surprise, while not so cryptic that I would be unable to figure out what the hell to do when sleep-deprived.

Speaking of, where is this better walkthrough?
In my Man of The House -mainfolder for example :p. But those are old. Hint system in Phone killed the need for making those better ones, so those are old, for earlier versions. Not out-dated (up to v0.8.2.) but don't have anything of or for newer versions.

But you don't need walkthroughs. Just develope a daily routine and vary it some times; Wander around, try different times, different places and different places in different times. If something isn't going anywhere do something else. And when you get tired of wandering around, check Hints in Phone. If a Hint isn't working try another one. Eventually everything goes on and happens...

But as the most important part: Take it easy. It's just a game not a competition. Points and Stars are Won and Achieved but nobody gets introduced to MoTHe Hall of Fame.

Whiskeyjackle

Aug 5, 2017
I am at a loss! I am trying to get the "Love triangle" achievement with Amy finished.
I have the first four but the last two points are ???
Slave training is complete and grindmaster I have
Love 20/20
Arousal 30/30
Submission 45/45
Special 8/10

I did use the cheats accidentally, did that screw sth. up? I don't get that Grindmaster completed and don't get a call either?!?!

PLEASE HELP!

George Halstead

Oct 1, 2017
Small problem here trying to meet up with Sophia at the tennis club at 7 AM on Saturday. Not sure if my stats are not high enough with her. I am at 2 stars 35 love and 30 Affection. Any ideas friends ? This is in the 0.8.2 version btw

noberasco

Sep 9, 2017
Reposting from the other thread:

Also need help with Ashley and Claire arguing. I've seen in a walkthrough i need to go to Claire's room at 22:00 to listen to them arguing but nothing happens aswell..
I'm still trying to figure this out..any clues?

Cheers
Any ideas? staked out for days outside Claire's room but just peeked at her boobs at 10 PM and nothing more.

Same with Veronica's thing "I have to be careful when spying on Claire" since her room is in front of hers

Thanls

breadstoremanager

Sep 30, 2018
Can anyone help me out with Claire’s storyline I can’t raise stats with her anymore and the phone says to help her with morning yoga but I go up there and she says join them on Saturday and I do except when I trigger the event I can’t continue and MC ends up leaving early

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote