Nov 14, 2020
also , will the update be an update to episode 1 or will it be separate from the first episode (like dating my daughter which has 3 separate episodes as 3 separate games essentially)

1tomadeira

Engaged Member
May 25, 2017
If I recall correctly I already mentioned something similar to this, but would be nice to have where the girl starts adapting to receive the MC's sperm, before the actual pregnancy scenes (yes I know it will take a while, don't worry). I was replaying this and it seems that his disease will probably be what will trigger it, but would be nice if the girls reproductive system had some change too. You know the more you do it, the more the defenses are broken. It would enhance the corruption theme as well, but this last bit is my personal preference I guess.

Just a small question, does the discord on subscribe star does have an idea/recommendation's option? Yes I'm well aware not everything is possible to add, neither is to please everyone, but would be nice to have that kind of discussions or even vote.

AdultKing

Game Developer
May 29, 2017
Big Announcement!

Hey Guys and Girls!

I have some good news and some bad news regarding the new episode of MBF.
Due to real life work, as well as school on top of it, I don't have as much time to dedicate to working on the game
lately as I would like. I still want to render high quality images and love creating comics, so I have made the
difficult decision that there will be a major change to the format of Episode 2. I have found that it's too much
work to work on the code of the actual game and work on the renders at the same time.
Therefore I'm going to remove the Sandbox aspect of the game and make it more like a Visual Novel.
It will still have the same story, however the gameplay and layout will be somewhat different.

I hope these upcoming changes are enough to allow me to continue working on the game, otherwise I may need step back and
focus on my real life job and on my schooling. So we will see how the changes work out in the long run.
Since I need to change the complete code of the game, it will take a few more weeks until the release of v0.1 of Episode 2.
I hope to finish the coding in the coming week. If I change the full code of the game to a Visual Novel style,
I can focus more on the Rendering quality so expect that to be better.

I'm also working on a new project after MBF Episode 2 v0.1 is released, and it will be the same type of game.
It will feature a game with multiple comics or short stories in it, similar to some other anthology-type games out there.
I will also try to render a more comic book style for the next game, not art-wise but layout-wise.

I hope that you will all be understanding that this is the only way that I will be able to continue development of
MBF as things are now, and that you are not too disappointed by this change. There is still much of Rex's story
to tell and many lewd encounters to experience, so I sincerely hope you will all continue on this journey
with me and my team.

Kind regards and much love,
AdultKing and the Team

Water Master

Aug 19, 2018
I hope you succeed in your endeavors. That said, I think the change is for the better, the map layout didn't really add to anything; bearing in mind that there was no "exploration" aspect with Rex always telling you where he's expected to be for the scenes to move forward.
Good luck IRL

Scotty1212

Donor
Jun 2, 2017
Big Announcement!

Hey Guys and Girls!

Due to real life work, as well as school on top of it, I don't have as much time to dedicate to working on the game
lately as I would like. I still want to render high quality images and love creating comics, so I have made the
difficult decision that there will be a major change to the format of Episode 2. I have found that it's too much
work to work on the code of the actual game and work on the renders at the same time.
Therefore I'm going to remove the Sandbox aspect of the game and make it more like a Visual Novel.
It will still have the same story, however the gameplay and layout will be somewhat different.

I hope these upcoming changes are enough to allow me to continue working on the game, otherwise I may need step back and
focus on my real life job and on my schooling. So we will see how the changes work out in the long run.
Since I need to change the complete code of the game, it will take a few more weeks until the release of v0.1 of Episode 2.
I hope to finish the coding in the coming week. If I change the full code of the game to a Visual Novel style,

I'm also working on a new project after MBF Episode 2 v0.1 is released, and it will be the same type of game.
It will feature a game with multiple comics or short stories in it, similar to some other anthology-type games out there.
I will also try to render a more comic book style for the next game, not art-wise but layout-wise.

I hope that you will all be understanding that this is the only way that I will be able to continue development of
MBF as things are now, and that you are not too disappointed by this change. There is still much of Rex's story
to tell and many lewd encounters to experience, so I sincerely hope you will all continue on this journey
with me and my team.

AdultKing and the Team
Not happy... But you have to do what you have to do... You'll be judged :p

• Haha
Reactions: BatmanNinja

69oral

Sep 30, 2020
I'm reuploading and fixing the android version of the first episode right now hoping it will fix the android installation problem for everyone, think it's due to it's size I will try to make it smaller
Thanks for doing this! It installs and runs now. Really nice game.

youpla

May 9, 2017

Working simultaneously on multiple works has never, and I say NEVER been a good thing when it comes to finish correctly at least one of the projects. On your discord, if I remember, you already did a poll to see if people wanted you to finish first Man's Best Friend then do another work (I don't recall what), or work on the two at the same time. By far, the first choice had won. So I don't see why you don't want to follow what people had suggested.

But of course, you're at the end free to choose what you want to do. But i give you once again my two cents : given the time there is right now between two updates of MBF and additionning the time you're working on your comics, starting with the creation of a new game when this one is faaaar from being finished (or even started, given that pregnancy, which apparently should play a big role in the story, still isn't present) will surely greatly jeopardize the future of MBF.

As for the choice of a visual novel, I have nothing against that. I think it will on the contrary benefit the game as the choices are for the moment inexistant and the sandbox style useless.

Last edited:

AdultKing

Game Developer
May 29, 2017
Working simultaneously on multiple works has never, and I say NEVER been a good thing when it comes to finish correctly at least one of the projects. On your discord, if I remember, you already did a poll to see if people wanted you to finish first Man's Best Friend then do another work (I don't recall what), or work on the two at the same time. By far, the first choice had won. So I don't see why you don't want to follow what people had suggested.

But of course, you're at the end free to choose what you want to do. But i give you once again my two cents : given the time there is right now between two updates of MBF and additionning the time you're working on your comics, starting with the creation of a new game when this one is faaaar from being finished (or even started, given that pregnancy, which apparently should play a big role in the story, still isn't present) will surely greatly jeopardize the future of MBF.

As for the choice of a visual novel, I have nothing against that. I think it will on the contrary benefit the game as the choices are for the moment inexistant and the sandbox style useless.
Only reason why I work on 2 games or comics is to have some changes in the workflow it gets boring when only working on MBF and coding also doing it because Patreon banned me smh

marking the game as "on hold" and probably abandoned in the future
Why? new update is almost done i'm working my ass of last weeks to get a release

smackdab

Jan 30, 2018
Big Announcement!

Hey Guys and Girls!

(...)

AdultKing and the Team
I think this is a good idea. The sandbox navigation makes no sense in the game right now, since you are never actually free to use it. There is always 1 right place to go, and you know what it is. Might as well remove it IMO.

Reactions: Crazymic79

Octotwin

Mar 1, 2018
First of all don't be bitter, Dev is making a game and share it for free, can't complain considering the quality of it.

Now, switching to VN seem to be indeed the clever move, as someone pointed out already, roaming around did not add much. So if it's easier and less mind numbing, go for the easy path it's great and you're already doing a fantastic job with your renders, drop the code. All and all since you plan other games, you now have more experience on how to make them.
Good luck on your works, school and projects.

1tomadeira

Engaged Member
May 25, 2017
Big Announcement!

Hey Guys and Girls!

with me and my team.

AdultKing and the Team
Personally I wasn't the biggest fan on the map movement (at least on how it was used), besides the one on the house. If you want you can implement the current one as a sandbox option AFTER completling the game, imo that would work better.

About not having it in the next release I'm fine with it, I actually prefer it that way. As long it continues to have choices that to encourage player involvement in the story and the corruption of the characters I'm fine with it. Just please assure it still feels like a game, rather than being a told story in a visual novel without player engagement on it.

Reactions: Fydeout

Kryapa

Jun 9, 2019
Why? new update is almost done i'm working my ass of last weeks to get a release
Because I'm sorta coder too and I know that combining your per projects with real life and full time job is hard. It's even more hard while you're still learning things. Both coding and artwork are creative processes that takes time and vulnerable to any distraction. We ain't robots, so you can't just say that you'll spare like two hours a day and that it. It hardly works that way. Ok, may be you'll be able finish 0.1 given that most of the work is already done, so what next? Game is still far from complete and you're planning to work on another game and also comics. Two hour a day?

Much thanks to you for being honest (unlike shitbags like ICSTOR) but I don't believe in hope, only in facts. These are most important words in your post:

I hope these upcoming changes are enough to allow me to continue working on the game, otherwise I may need step back and focus on my real life job and on my schooling.

4.20 star(s) 49 Votes